PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Jay Cutler could be traded to the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a good deal. Cutler is a top QB no matter what anyone says.

The Broncos can't trade Cutler without getting a legit NFL starting QB in return (although they're unlikely to get someone with Culter's "star power"). JMD is not going into his first year with Clemens, Sanchez or Simms behind center. Not gonna happen.

ATTN: If this ever happened the Jets would improve dramatically.

This isn't some funny "Haha, the Jets are singing a 38 year old QB!" (who happened to keep us out of the playoffs) it's "The Jets are signing a 25 year old pro-bowl quarterback coming off a 4,500+ yard season"

They would have a reloaded defense, along with last season's #1 QB + RB in the AFC, in terms of yards.

Anyone who hopes he ends up with the Jets is delusional.

Finally someone with some brains who realizes the Jets would be a hell of a better team with Cutler in control than Klemens or any other JAG QB in FA or Sanchez if he is still around.

Cutler would be 120% better in the Jets offense than Favre was last season - Of course I would not expect ANY Pats fans in here to even THINK or admit that if Cutler became a jet and with that defense already in pretty good shape (on paper) that the Jets would become a dangerous team to compete against in 2009.

Of course with the past decade of ineptness,the Jets have a bad reputation right now of being a solid contender but to me if they get a good QB it may change things - Of course all this depends on how good of a head coach Ryan will be or claims he will be.

You could put Joe Montana in his prime on the Jets and some idiots here will still think they will suck no matter who is QB.

I wonder how many fools in here don't realize that ALL 3 teams besides the Pats look like they could all be pretty good and there WILL be a tough time in winning the East - THE 2009 AFCE division will not be a cakewalk by ANY team in the east - guaranteed.

This division could be A LOT closer than the domination that homerville in here predicts in 2009.

Hell,we haven't even seen Brady off of surgery throw a ball yet in play for cripes sake and we are ready to crown them division champs in March.

Last edited:
The Jets are signing a 25 year old pro-bowl quarterback coming off a 4,500+ yard season"

Not as delusional as people who think that games are won by the QB who throws for the most yards.

It was the 4500 yards that got Culter into the pro bowl. Anyone who thinks he played better than Rivers or Cassel is delusional.

And anyone who saw cutler melt down the last three games of the season to blow a three-game lead in the division with three games to go has to wonder if he is the anti-Brady. Some QBs are clutch and win games. Others like Cutler put up great numbers but can't get the job done when it counts.

BTW, people said I was delusional when I said I hoped the Jets would get Favre, and my only disappointment was that he didn't stick around for a second year.

Jets will look real good with cutler but it won't matter when it counts.

You heard it here first.

This is why Pats fans should not be happy about the issues in Denver. Cutler will turn the Jets into a Super Bowl contender. They were a good QB away from winning in the playoffs last season. Cutler will make them tough to beat.

Having Cutler in the AFC East would be my nightmare!!!!!!

Cutler sure did play well here in Foxboro last year. All I had heard was how great Cutler and the Bronocos offense was and then he stepped onto the field and got his arse handed to him.

Something tells me that Cutler isn't very good at reading defenses.

Not as delusional as people who think that games are won by the QB who throws for the most yards.

Once again you create an argument no one made. Yes of course you also need a) said QB to also not be a turnover machine b) a team around you on both sides of the ball, and the Jets look reloaded on defense and Cutler is no Brett all-time INT leader Favre.

It was the 4500 yards that got Culter into the pro bowl. Anyone who thinks he played better than Rivers or Cassel is delusional.

Who said he did? :confused:

And anyone who saw cutler melt down the last three games of the season to blow a three-game lead in the division with three games to go has to wonder if he is the anti-Brady. Some QBs are clutch and win games. Others like Cutler put up great numbers but can't get the job done when it counts.

You're right, Cutler blew the three game lead at the end of the season. The fact that the opposing teams scored 112 points in those 3 games is merely a insignificant side fact.

Cutler would be a great move for the Jets.. He's better than whats out there and can throw the deep ball. The Meadowlands wind won't be an issue for him..

Cutler to the Jet's would be a good move for NE, Buf, and Miami.

I'll be really mad if he goes to the Jets. in a way, it rewards them for taking the 1-year option last year.

Why does every thread have to deteriorate into "you are delusional if you think..." followed closely by, "no, you are delusional if you think...(the opposite)." It's the offseason; everyone has an opinion; no one knows what will happen. Let's have fun and not insult each other.

Count me in the camp that doesn't think Cutler is all that. I had the same reaction when I saw the title of this thread that I did when the Jets signed Favre, "Bring it, baby," Our less than stellar D wiped the field with this guy last year. Somehow I don't think tough-talking Tubby Rex will want to take on the project known as Jay Fragile-X, however. Not only would he get chewed up and spit out by the NY media, but it appears his coach would not be able to stomach him either. Look what being in NY did to Favre? It got him to do something that no one else had been able to do - retire without even looking back. Jay's parents' 5th Avenue Penthouse would be on the market after one week in NY. Can't see it happening. I hope he ends up in Detroit where no one will hurt his feelings because no one will be watching him play.

This isn't some funny "Haha, the Jets are singing a 38 year old QB!" (who happened to keep us out of the playoffs) it's "The Jets are signing a 25 year old pro-bowl quarterback coming off a 4,500+ yard season"

They would have a reloaded defense, along with last season's #1 QB + RB in the AFC, in terms of yards.

I'm with you Disco, and patsfaninpa-

The East will be hard enough, let's remember we were held out of the playoffs at 11-5, because of the parity. I for one, don't want another 11-5 /12-4 logjam with us getting screwed again. I am very optimistic about some of our free agent signings, and looking forward to the draft. But in no way will I discount the other 3 teams in our division, I believe BB is simply trying to keep up. But actually wanting Cutler to go to our division, is well...incredibly stupid

You have to figure that the Jets will certainly be addressing their QB situation, whether it's through a big trade or by targeting Freeman from Kansas St, who's almost 6-6 1/2 and 255 lbs--and could be the top prospect out there. I hardly think anyone would be that dumb to improve so many areas of their team and fail to address the most important position. The Jets will indeed, have a QB solution. With the Dolphins winning the division, (and already having Tom's number to begin with) the Bills adding a dramatically better offense, and the Jets major offseason moves--I am just glad to say we can have a chance. But once again, you'd have to be a moron to WANT Owens and Cutler to improve our division, it just doesn't make any sense

Heard this on Sirius NFL Radio today

I could see the Jets giving up thier #17 and maybe even a low round pick or one low one next year for the rights to Cutler

Would probably be a good move since Cutler has proven NFL experience while drafting Sanchez at #17 is a blind pick especially at the most important position on the team.

I think Cutler drastically improves the Jets chances to be a VERY competitive team in this division considering they already are presumingly loaded on defense.

This is only a supposed rumor right now but it makes sense for both teams.
Not really a rumor just John Claytonesque wishful thinking you ask me. A third team would have to be involved cause the Jets dont have a viable alternative at QB to return.

After Favre, I doubt many in the Jets' locker room would be thrilled to hear that another primadonna gunslinger was on his way into town--only this time a younger and ****ier version sporting less credentials and a career losing-record.

Their fans would of course be thrilled, as well they should. I agree with the poster who said that in spite of Cutler's flaws he would make the Jets about 120% better than they are as of now. I prefer them quarterback-less like they are now.

I think the Jets are the worst team for Cutler. Cutler basic only real Pro Bowl quality asset is his arm strength. The Jets don't hae receivers who can get down the field to utilize it. Cutler can be confused by defenses and without Brandon Marshall blazing down the field, I don't know how good of a QB Cutler would be. I actually hope the Jets trade for him.

Well, you may be the one delusional yourself. Look at Cutler's production last year against teams with winning records. He has something like 10 TDs and 9 INTs in six. Not horrible, but not good either. He also got 1275 yards and 9 TDs in the first month of the season against bad defenses in Oakland (10th ranked pass defense, ok not so bad), San Deigo (31st ranked pass defense), New Orleans (23rd ranked pass defense), and KC (28th ranked pass defense). Cutler's stats were padded because he faced some of the worst pass defenses in the league including Miami (25th), the Jets (29th), Jags (24th), and Atlanta (21st).

Cutler is better than Favre, but not worlds.

If they got Cutler they would probably try to draft Bey or Harvin in the first round. They have spent a lot of time looking at DHB.

If they got Cutler they would probably try to draft Bey or Harvin in the first round. They have spent a lot of time looking at DHB.

Except if they got Cutler, they most likely would not have a first round pick to draft anyone.

Except if they got Cutler, they most likely would not have a first round pick to draft anyone.

Ahhh I forgot about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back