PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RUMOR: Have the Pats traded down to #10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE39

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I just got a call from my nephew saying he just heard the Pats traded down to #10 with New Orleans, with details coming up.

He could be yanking my chain, but he says he is serious. Anyone have confirmation?

I'm hearing the same thing. Supposedly its been reported on local New Orleans sports talk, with Schefter as the source. The rumor suggests that Pats are targeting Jerrod Mayo at the 10 slot - and that the Pats have Mayo above Rivers on their draft board.

It's not true. The Saints wouldn't even make that trade today anyways. They'd wait for tomorrow till the Patriots pick, just to make sure the player they want is there. This is NOT TRUE!

It's not true. The Saints wouldn't even make that trade today anyways. They'd wait for tomorrow till the Patriots pick, just to make sure the player they want is there. This is NOT TRUE!

Exactly because they would then be screwed if Denver or Cincy traded up to #6 and took Ellis.

*OR* New Orleans is simply making a calculated risk by making the deal now so that they don't have to face competition for the #7 spot on draft day.

One in the hand is worth two in the bush ...

It would not make sense for the Saints to make that trade not knowing if the player they want is still available..JMO

Listen it's not true. It's made up by an idiot.

Don Banks projects the trade and a Mayo pick in his final mock:

LINK

Maybe it was reported that they have reached an agreement pending who is available or something.

If so, it reeks of a smokescreen with both Schefter and Banks coming up with it at the same time.

It would not make sense for the Saints to make that trade not knowing if the player they want is still available..JMO

Agree, it also doesn't make sense for the Pats to do that now either. What if Ryan for example falls and you could get 13 and 43 or something? Could take Mayo there too possibly.

Don Banks projects the trade and a Mayo pick in his final mock:

LINK

Maybe it was reported that they have reached an agreement pending who is available or something.

If so, it reeks of a smokescreen with both Schefter and Banks coming up with it at the same time.

Who cares if Don Banks projects a trade in his mock draft. If this is your basis for this rumor your an idiot! You gonna start quoting DryHeat too. If he projects a trade you gonna call that a rumor too??????

I think its entirely possible that they've agreed on a trade if a certain player is available at the #7 that the Saints want. Lots of people are saying that with the reduced time in between picks this year, there will be more potential trades worked out before hand like this.

There are also rumblings that the Saints might package the #7 plus a player to swap picks with St Louis at #2.

Last edited:
If Schefter announced it,It would be on ESPN or NFL Network immediately - I say this is BS rumors right now - Maybe tomorrow but not right now

Ellis is almost guaranteed to be there at #7 so this wouldn’t surprise me.

If this is your basis for this rumor your an idiot!

This is exactly why it is always a sounds approach to never call people names.

Who cares if Don Banks projects a trade in his mock draft. If this is your basis for this rumor your an idiot! You gonna start quoting DryHeat too. If he projects a trade you gonna call that a rumor too??????

Look, I didn't make this up. I really got a call from my nephew that he heard this on ESPN. Maybe they were conjecturing. I don't know. However, I'm not an idiot and don't appreciate being called one. I would hope a moderated forum would frown on that kind of thing.

I posted it with the RUMOR: tag because I was looking for confirmation. I'm not looking to get insulted, so calm down. I was just wondering if anyone else heard it.

If Schefter really did talk about this on a New Orleans radio station and Banks came up with it right before the draft as well, I would think it misinformation.

If you have something to add to the thread, please feel free. Otherwise, feel free to ignore it.

I think its entirely possible that they've agreed on a trade if a certain player is available at the #7 that the Saints want. Lots of people are saying that with the reduced time in between picks this year, there will be more potential trades worked out before hand like this.

There are also rumblings that the Saints might package the #7 plus a player to swap picks with St Louis at #2.

Possible too that the Saints have their eyes on more than one player for that spot, so they KNOW at least one of them will be there.

And like some have said, trade now and avoid the risk of a bidding war come draft day.

Should be exciting tomorrow either way!

Exactly. You need to get these sorts of deals in place now. So let's say hypothetically the make this trade. What do you think Pats will get back?

I'd love a swap of 2nds. Would rather do that than have their 3rd.

They might do it early to have an easier time moving up tommorrowe you never know.

Has anyone NOT predicted a trade between NE and NO? Seriously...about the only people who haven't are people who have NO trading up higher or NE trading down lower.

Exactly. You need to get these sorts of deals in place now. So let's say hypothetically the make this trade. What do you think Pats will get back?

I'd love a swap of 2nds. Would rather do that than have their 3rd.

Sounds perfect to me, but is the value of trading up 21 spots in round 2 equal to that of moving down 3 spots in round 1? Would one team be getting the shaft here?

If that happened though, I'd love it. Nab Mayo in round 1 and maybe one of the decent CB's early in round 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes