Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rumor has Culpepper missing entire 2006 season

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by nescott, Apr 12, 2006.

1. nescott

nescott PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. Armen Da Pats Fan

Armen Da Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Oh, my God, would that be sweet or what?

All my Dolphin fan friends down here in South Florida are going gaga over the Culpepper signing...

Plenty of - ahem - "party boats" for him to cruise on down here SoFla while he rehabs!

Who would be the Fins' backup? Former UM QB Brock Berlin? Cleo Lemon?

ADPF
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2006
  3. nescott

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just gives him more time to run his craps games! He was a streach to play but they can bring old joe willy back they still suck.
  4. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It doesn't matter - the Pats are going to win the East anyways.
  5. Amnorix

Amnorix Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Agreed that the Pats will win the East anyway, but it doesn't hurt to have our main competition's QB out for a while.

That said, never wish for injuries to the enemy, because karma sucks.

Also, keep in mind that Rodney Harrison basically had the same injury as Culpepper -- blown ACL/MCL/PCL. Although they're different people etc etc, this can't help us feel good about Rodney's ability to come back full speed this year either, if it's true.
  6. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I wish I had reason to.
  7. nescott

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes the Bills will be hard pressed to get past 6 wins.
  8. p8ryts

p8ryts Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Profootballtalk credibility --- not in my book

Ever since they published that story about Belichick letting players go because he wanted to show it was about his coaching and then putting Bruschi's comments out of context, I have little confidence in PFT.

they must have trained as Boston sportswriters.
  9. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Rodney isn't rehabbing in a Walmart parking lot outside of a strip mall like Fumblepepper. He's at an actual, world class, NFL facility with trainers and full staff behind him.

(But yes, I'm still worried a tad about Rodney, I say this quietly to avoid Patsnut going balistic on me) ;)
  10. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +119 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Once you wash out you mouth with soap, you can return to the posting board.

I happen to feel very good about Rodney coming back. I've said so all along and that is the way it is going to be.
  11. Amnorix

Amnorix Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, you know, I'm really glad you have a good feeling and all, but he's the wrong side of 30, and his knee was as damages as it possibly can be, short of having a chain saw or wood chipper involved in the situation...

He also needs to be pretty darn fully recovered to return to his position, which of course needs him to be able to run faster than 99% of human beings.

That said, I think Rodney is one of the most dedicated and hardest working football players on this team, if not in the history of the NFL, and if anyone can do it, he can. I've also heard nothing but good things regarding his progress to date.

Like you and everyone else, including BB, all we can really do is keep our fingers crossed for him.
  12. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Good point. The thing that interests me is that Rodney got hurt earlier (by everal weeks) and I figured that Rodney would start season on theh Physically Unable to Play roster, and not be avaialble until week 6. So where would that put Culpepper?

Agree with you 100% about not wishing injuries on anyone (well, I wouldn't mind if Romanowski fell down an open sewer), and I hope Culpepper fully recovers, but I do wonder about the recovery time needed.
  13. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

I was about to say the same exact thing.

If Culpepper can't be back to start the season, or at least by the second or third week, Saban is gonna hear it from those knowledgeable 'Fins fans.

And QB isn't a position where you can ease a guy back in as you could a SS - defensive rotations are pretty standard and something we have grown accustomed to. And we have a phalanx of potential safeties on this roster. :D

Easing in a QB - particularly when you don't even have another experienced one on the roster who remotely knows this new offense to accomplish such an easing in rotation with (unless Lemon finally counts for something) would be quite the trick.
  14. Handel

Handel Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Remember that PFT has a credibility problem.
  15. marty

marty Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Given the season, I'll expect to hear of you parting a few bodies of water in the near future too!!!:p
  16. Amnorix

Amnorix Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Romanowski is a former player, at this point, so feel free to wish a plague on locusts on him. Frankly, he and Barry Bonds hold a special place in my patheon of sports persons whom I utterly and completely despise. If a bus hit them, I wouldn't exactly be saddened by the loss to humanity.
  17. Amnorix

Amnorix Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Excellent point that. If he can't practice with his OL and WRs through training camp, etc., then they'll definitely have some trouble working him into the game day roster.
  18. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +119 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Rodney said he is coming back. His doctor said that he is recovering well. Patjew saw him work out on Monday.

So, this is to all of you doubters, at home doctors, and non-believers. You may consider this childish, but when it comes to Rodney, I have no patience with nay-sayers.

[​IMG]

On the small chance that he is not suited up for the first regular season game, I will give that to myself, twice.
  19. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

You mean the ones who were bragging that they fleeced the Vikings by ONLY giving up a second round pick........
  20. Amnorix

Amnorix Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, as long as you recognize that it's childish...rock on... :D :rocker: