PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RUMOR: Gorin Traded to Arizona????

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
this was posted on the ESPN Message board that Gorin was traded to Arizona for an undisclosed 2007 draft pick.

Again, just a rumor, but I would be very disappointed if that is all he was traded for.

EDIT: Now being reported by Mike Reiss.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Last edited:
Gorin Now A Cardinal

:D Wouldn't be great seeing on of their wide outs in PATS uniform? I know it is probably wishful thinking, but desperation on the Cardinals part may make this reality. Wait and see.......

Nice now if we can unload Beisal we will be ready to play.

Whether I'd be disappointed would depend on the pick, I guess, but I can't imagine he's worth a whole lot. Honestly, if we got a #4 for him I'd be pretty happy. I wouldn't be surprised if he could only get us a #5.

Attachments

• _40099926_russ_meyer_body203ap.jpg
    _40099926_russ_meyer_body203ap.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 176
Last edited by a moderator:
Keep adding those mid round draft picks, better than just releasing players, we seem to do well in the mid rounds.

No problem. We have a lot of depth at OL.

We will be packaging picks after this season. Don't we have something like 10+ picks for next year?

Re: Gorin Now A Cardinal

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2006/08/gorin_traded.html

August 21, 2006
Gorin traded

The Patriots have traded offensive tackle Brandon Gorin to the Arizona Cardinals today. The Patriots receive a conditional draft choice.

Agent Joe Linta, who represents Gorin, described the Patriots' approach as opportunistic.

"They're enhancing the value for the Patriots, getting what they can get, but at the same time giving Brandon a chance to compete for a starting job," he said.

Linta also represents center Ross Tucker, who the Patriots traded to the Cleveland Browns for a conditional draft choice. Much like Gorin, Tucker was traded to a team where he had a chance to compete for a starting job.

The 6-foot-6, 308-pound Gorin has played in 39 games, with 23 starts.

He's primarily been a right tackle, but has also seen time on the left side.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 05:16:55 PM

Last edited:
I kinda knew Gorin wouldnt stay with us... and a pick is better than nothing (even if its a 5th round).

No, I'm afraid that would be a strech of titanic proportions. Not even the Cardinals could screw up that bad.....

I think this is a VERY strong sign that Light is healthy, O'Callaghan is performing well, and Kaczur is close to returning. With 3 good options ahead of Gorin at tackle, it's easy to see why they made this trade.

Besides, Gorin sucks. :)

maverick4 said:
We will be packaging picks after this season. Don't we have something like 10+ picks for next year?
There's also some WR out there who could end up going cheap like Charles Rogers, Lelie, etc, an excess of low picks may enable us to grab a WR without competing against other teams if we wait for one to be cut.

We're already 2-up on draft picks for 2007.

It's better to get something (a draft pick) instead of cutting Gorin or Tucker outright.

Well the writing was on the wall for Gorin. I think this move shows us that the Pats felt they were dealing from a position of strength with their OL so they could afford to deal Gorin for a future pick.

My only question is was there any truth to the rumor that Dallas was offering a LB for Gorin or were they asking substantially more?

VJCPatriot said:
Well the writing was on the wall for Gorin. I think this move shows us that the Pats felt they were dealing from a position of strength with their OL so they could afford to deal Gorin for a future pick.

My only question is was there any truth to the rumor that Dallas was offering a LB for Gorin or were they asking substantially more?

No, I think the Shanle-for-Gorin rumor was wishful thinking churned up by the fans of both teams.

pats1 said:
We're already 2-up on draft picks for 2007.

It's better to get something (a draft pick) instead of cutting Gorin or Tucker outright.

We're more than 2 up on draft picks. The Pats will be getting 4 comp picks for next year as well.

By my counts, that gives the Pats 13 draft picks for next year.

I would love the Pats to trade Branch to someone like the Eagles, Seahawks, Lions or Bears. In fact, If the Pats traded Branch for Muhammed, I'd be very happy.

Heck, maybe the Pats can trade Branch for Santana Moss. I think that Moss would be great to have on the Pats.....

Better than nothing....

Branch will be extended eventually..............hopefully as soon as he fires his agent.

IndyKen said:
No, I'm afraid that would be a strech of titanic proportions. Not even the Cardinals could screw up that bad.....

I think they can get a 5, but we'll see... anyway your point about "not even the Cardinals could screw up that bad..." I immediately thought "THE VIKINGS COULD!"

We need a trade w/Minnesota.

PFnV

Good for Brandon, I hope he does win the starting job, he served well, but I'm happy we can upgrade the position.

BelichickFan said:
Whether I'd be disappointed would depend on the pick, I guess, but I can't imagine he's worth a whole lot. Honestly, if we got a #4 for him I'd be pretty happy. I wouldn't be surprised if he could only get us a #5.
Dan Koppen - 5th round
Tom Brady - 6th round
David Givens (gave us a lot of production before playing out his contract) - 7th round
Troy Brown - 8th round

It's quite possible to turn a 5th rounder (or below) into a productive (or better) player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes