PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Draft 2 WRs according to Ian Rapoport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please no No NO do not let BB screw up again. He should never be allowed to draft a WR ever again. No RBs either.

We all know Maroney didn't pan out (although everyone forgets in 07 we would have been 17-1 instead of 18-1 without him), Ridley has shown a ton of potential and Vareen has the talent and versatility to be an elite every down RB.

But lets face it, this isn't a running team and you could put Adrian Peterson on the Patriots and he would still only get 10-15 carries a game. This is why we only get RBs on the cheap (draft, undrafted, free agents). RBs aren't the commodity they once were.

Last edited:
You think vereen is an every down back? He's got the speed sure, but he's not the guy you want in there pounding it on 3rd and 2

We all know Maroney didn't pan out (although everyone forgets in 07 we would have been 17-1 instead of 18-1 without him), Ridley has shown a ton of potential and Vareen has the talent and versatility to be an elite every down RB.

But lets face it, this isn't a running team and you could put Adrian Peterson on the Patriots and he would still only get 10-15 carries a game. This is why we only get RBs on the cheap (draft, undrafted, free agents). RBs aren't the commodity they once were.

Are we a passing team because we havent had good backs or have the lack of good backs neecessitated we pass it more?

You think vereen is an every down back? He's got the speed sure, but he's not the guy you want in there pounding it on 3rd and 2

Since Verern is excellent at catching the ball I'd say that makes him ideal to have in on 3rd down, I'm just hoping he can be a 1st and 2nd round back as well.

Since Verern is excellent at catching the ball I'd say that makes him ideal to have in on 3rd down, I'm just hoping he can be a 1st and 2nd round back as well.

For sure, he's not a 20+ carry per game back, but NE doesnt ask that

Are we a passing team because we havent had good backs or have the lack of good backs neecessitated we pass it more?

B/c we haven't had good backs. We didn't throw it to the TE more than the avg team until we had Gronk and Hernandez. BB will always model the offense to the talent available. First we were a ball control offense, then McDaniels spread it out with Moss and now we run the 2 TE offense.

VrabelJr said:
But lets face it, this isn't a running team and you could put Adrian Peterson on the Patriots and he would still only get 10-15 carries a game.

Disagree. We averaged 67.6 plays per game this year. Peterson or any elite back would get 20 carries, Brady would throw it 35-45 times and there's still a few plays left over for the change of pace back / reverses. On top of that any elite back would get about 3-5 catches per game.

I have them getting Sanu with the 27th pick...I know that won't happen but the fanboy inside me whats it to...

They could always go after someone like McNutt later on though.

I have them getting Sanu with the 27th pick...I know that won't happen but the fanboy inside me whats it to...

They could always go after someone like McNutt later on though.

The number one rule about BB is he always surprises us. No one saw him picking a G in 2005, a CB in 2010 or an OL last year...I'm sure we're due for a few shocks on draft day this year as well.

The Pats are a passing team because they have Tom Brady at QB.

...and dumb-asses calling the plays.

But that doesn't make inaccurate what they've stated, however.

No. It actually does. Since the start of the 2011 season, those two have been what I've described them. Did that when we were winning. Did that more when we lost 3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes