PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Dillon may be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bradtor007 said:
Yes, indeed. This looks like the place to be.
Then welcome aboard and enjoy the MUCH higher SNR than at ASFPNE-P. Phil is around here somewhere, but I haven't heard from him lately.

Regards,
Chris

chris_in_sunnyvale said:
Then welcome aboard and enjoy the MUCH higher SNR than at ASFPNE-P. Phil is around here somewhere, but I haven't heard from him lately.

Regards,
Chris

Usenet was getting ugly, that's for sure. When my service provider stopped providing access to an NNTP server, I just thought it was time to seek a higher level of football discourse.

I see some familiar names, so I'm hoping they will help me make the transition toward enlightenment and civility. :D

bradtor007 said:
It seems unlikely that they'd cut him. He is getting older and the injuries were a problem this past season, but it's difficult to envision them picking up anybody better, at least for next season, through the draft or free agency.

What about Labrandon Toefield RFA with the Texans. He is a young big back with potential. Or maybe trade for someone like Thomas Jones with the Bears. They drafted Benson last year, might be able to pick him up for a draft pick. Plus they like doing transactions with Chicago. Remember the Ted Washington trade and moving up to grap Ty Warren.

bradtor007 said:
so I'm hoping they will help me make the transition toward enlightenment and civility. :D
Enlightenment? Civility? Dayum, does this mean we have to stop belching, pickin' our seats, and oggling girls in the Parking Lot?
:p

bradtor007 said:
Usenet was getting ugly, that's for sure. When my service provider stopped providing access to an NNTP server, I just thought it was time to seek a higher level of football discourse.

I see some familiar names, so I'm hoping they will help me make the transition toward enlightenment and civility. :D

You will be will enlightened and there is civility- not here- but I'm sure there is somewhere.

While you're trying to find that, don't forget to vote for the cheerleaders. We are now getting into the Elite Eight. Also, check out the Parking Lot every day.

And, don't post anything negitive about BB,not even joking. If you do, there are several female posters that will beat you like a dog.

Other than that, enjoy the site.

Corey has at LEAST one more year in N.E.

Pats Fanatic said:
You were eating that chili dog with Tom Brady and Jennifer Aniston or was that Jessica Alba.

Morgan Fairchild, yeah, that's the ticket!

(Yeah I know she's probably using a walker by now).

bradtor007 said:

Welcome Brad - I have been here over year now.......great info, great people.

This is what bothers me from the scout.com story:
The rumors of his departure persisted even in Mobile, where TFY Draft Preview heard from one source that the Patriots might still be looking to unload the aging veteran. The chances of that outcome happening look to be remote now. TFY reported that according to Dillon's agent Steve Feldman, Dillon's salary of $6 million for 2006 is guaranteed. Which means he probably isn't going anywhere, and the rumors are just that, rumors..
Dillon's salary isn't $6 million for 2006. Its $3 million. You can look it up on nflpa.org.

If the scout.com reporter was that sloppy in the way he reported this, how accurate can we expect the overall story to be? Not very I'd say.

J D Sal

P.S.-Welcome Brad

JDSal45 said:
This is what bothers me from the scout.com story:

Dillon's salary isn't $6 million for 2006. Its $3 million. You can look it up on nflpa.org.
It really is $6M, though, because if we don't pick up his $3M option then his salary jumps to a guaranteed $6M.

BelichickFan said:
It really is $6M, though, because if we don't pick up his $3M option then his salary jumps to a guaranteed $6M.
Ok, so in other words if they cut him, he gets $6M? That makes more sense than the way scout.com wrote it.

J D Sal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Back