PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RUMOR: Browns LT Joe Thomas Could be Sent to New England Patriots

I mean, it would be fantastic from a personnel perspective given the injuries to our o-line, but IIRC others have wrote here that the financial aspect of the deal would be very challenging to say the least...

It be good for this year but next year you could not pay all 3 of Vollmer, Solder and Thomas.

It would come down to either Vollmer or Thomas due to Solder's contract. Theoretically who would make more sense to let go?

2016 is the last year of Vollmer's deal. If cut/traded you save 4.5M and it cost you something like 2.5M.

Ideally if you add Thomas you trade Vollmer cause his number is not bad and you should be able to move a quality tackle.

IDK much about Thomas' deal. I'll look it up.

Edit: IDK if I read this right but it appears he has no guareenteed money left 2016 on.

Joe Thomas Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money | Over The Cap

That is interesting. You could cut/trade him after this year if you choose.

Last edited:
And I could grow a third tit between my sack and my fartbox but it probably won't happen

I highly highly ****ing doubt it. I don't think there's anyway he fits under the cap. Plus they just signed Solder and have Vollmer another year at a bargain.

I highly highly ****ing doubt it. I don't think there's anyway he fits under the cap. Plus they just signed Solder and have Vollmer another year at a bargain.

Luckily the cap is crap. They just need to maximize 401k withdrawals and both front load and back load the thingymajig. It won't be a problem...

What is an Executive Rumor? Does that make it more rumory than typical rumors?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw the "NFL" part before that. My joke is invalid.

If we could fit Thomas' deal under the cap, he would be a nice addition. The OL is one injury away from a potential emergency. It would not surprise me to see the Patriots at least express interest in him. The interior OL is deeper than the tackle position.

it's just speculation. the author says it would "make sense" for both teams but nothing more.

"One high-level source with neither the Browns or Patriots guessed that Thomas could be sent to New England," Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio noted. "But that was an uninformed dart throw, not a statement reflecting any inside information."

Absolutely nothing to this story

I could think of dumber moves, and he'd be good for this year, but it would be out of character for this team

Didn't take long for this thread to find the practice squad.

Mayo for Thomas...straight up...Browns have shown interest for a LB...

BB: How about a base salary of 3m + superbowl ring?
Thomas: Where's my locker?

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back