PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Branch to Jets for 2nd and a "pretty good player"

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's already been posted 3 times in the other Deion Branch threads.

Murphys95 said:
Who is the pretty good player......Tim Dwight? :D

No. Matt Chatham.

I predict Laverneus Coles... I remember BB liking him

Truthfully, if we went the WR route - I'd guess Justin McCareins.

I vote for Justin Miller. Up and coming cornerback with good kick return skills.

Although without Branch, I am not sure what our WRs willl look like.

After doing some research, I find this rumor to be entirely inaccurate and false.
The Jets don't have any 'pretty good players'.

AndyJohnson said:
After doing some research, I find this rumor to be entirely inaccurate and false.

I went down their roster and outside Vilma and some rookies...blech!

McCariens will most likely be cut....

AndyJohnson said:

Maybe we get D-Rob!!!!!!!!

Superbowl here we come........!!!

Branch to the Jets would make me throw up:mad:

If he has to go to the Jets, we better get Coles - I still want to have a legitimate #1 WR for the opener. Plus, Coles AND Branch on the field together would be a bit scary if the Jets found a decent QB :)

NEM said:
If BB allows a trade to the Jets.... I will lose some respect for him. You dont, you do not, you just dont trade a player of Branch's capabilities to a division rival....no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Of course, there is always the mid field, full speed meeting between Branch, Harrison and Wilson in game 2. OUCH

bledsoe???

Maybe, we can play #2 draft pick as our wide receiver this year.

Jayson Chayut should get an "Agent Of The Year" award from the

NFLPA if he has pulled this off.

I really don't care where he goes. If what we're getting back in return is of equal or greater value to us, then send him on his way. While i'd like Branch to remain a Patriot, trading him within the division is not a concern of mine.

Pennington is no Brady and Branch will be the lesser without him.

Actually, if you make a good trade, it is smarter to trade within the division.

If we get back more value than Branch is worth we not only improve our franchise but hurt theirs, in 2 ways. First, we ultimately end up with more talent in the deal, and secondly the saddle their cap with his contract.

In retrospect trading Bledsoe within the division was doubly smart. We improved our team, and the team that got Bledsoe hurt themselves. Wouldnt the Bills be better today if they had never had Bledsoe, had used that cap money on soemone they still have, and had Ty Warren was well?

Its stupid to make a bad trade within the division, it is VERY SMART to make a good one within the division.

Probably McCarins.

Now way it's Coles. That would basically be trading equal players but then the Pats getting an additional pick.

Clonamery said:
I went down their roster and outside Vilma and some rookies...blech!

McCariens will most likely be cut....

What? Why would you cut a #2 receiver who has averaged over 50 catches a season for the past the 3?

because hes not as good as stats indicate?

NEM said:
If BB allows a trade to the Jets.... I will lose some respect for him. You dont, you do not, you just dont trade a player of Branch's capabilities to a division rival....no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Of course, there is always the mid field, full speed meeting between Branch, Harrison and Wilson in game 2. OUCH

His capabilities are negated by their QB situation, who the hell is going to throw him the ball? How is that person going to throw the ball behind a line that is going to start two rookies at key positions? Calm down if we get McCariens and a second round pick you should be drinking at the Arizona pats fans club watering hole in celebration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes