PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RUMOR: Brady to miss 2-4 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope this rumor is exactly that... a rumor. I got an good feeling that TB will be on the field against KC next Sunday.

Eh, I'm willing to bet that 50% of the QBs who don't play any preseason games miss a few weeks on average, so this "source" is probably just playing the odds.

Still, scares the crap out of me and I'll feel a lot better when I see him under center for the first snap :-/

Well, we'll see - I've said before, with the bye week in Week 4 they may be best off letting him get 100% for Week 5 if it would linger otherwise.

He was at practice today, or at least wasn't reported as missing.

QB12

I'm going to have a heart attack if this is true. My stomach just dropped just reading "Rumor" and Brady.

Until it comes straight from "flyinthewall," it ain't news. ;)

If he's going to miss 4 weeks ... why is he practicing today??? :confused::confused::confused:

well if Matt Cassel is under center I'm afraid my dear friends that I think we'd be lucky getting one win. i think we'd quickly see a return of the old giants...run the ball, keep the game close, play defense and throw to moss and try to draw a PI call.

wouldn't this rumor come from another source?

well if Matt Cassel is under center I'm afraid my dear friends that I think we'd be lucky getting one win. i think we'd quickly see a return of the old giants...run the ball, keep the game close, play defense and throw to moss and try to draw a PI call.

Not sure we have the running game for that without the threat of Brady.

I just don't want to lose to the Jets in week 2. We'll NEVER hear the end of it :rolleyes:

I just don't want to lose to the Jets in week 2. We'll NEVER hear the end of it :rolleyes:

we probably don't have the running game, but it's the only hope we have unless slater becomes our version of devon hester.

Let's hope its not true - if it were I'd have thought we'd have seen another veteran QB brought in for a look/see

And if it is true and Belichick knew that Cassell'd likey be playing - leave it to him to have Cassell look purposefully bad in the preseason to pull a rope a dope on the competition

(yeah - I know I'm in the grassy knoll here but I'd not put anything past Belichick!)

Let's hope its not true - if it were I'd have thought we'd have seen another veteran QB brought in for a look/see

And if it is true and Belichick knew that Cassell'd likey be playing - leave it to him to have Cassell look purposefully bad in the preseason to pull a rope a dope on the competition

(yeah - I know I'm in the grassy knoll here but I'd not put anything past Belichick!)

I don't think even Robert DiNiro could do that good of an acting job. No, I gotta believe that if Brady is that "hurt" BB would have done something more drastic.

Not a chance. Take my word for it.

But if the Pats should beat the Jets without Brady and against His Lordship, the great and powerful Favre, their infamy would last through eternity.

My source, FU of ___ News, reports this is false. :D

Last edited:
Even if this happens its no big deal. I wouldnt think it would hurt our chances of making the playoffs, and thats all that matters. Amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes