PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Boldin for a 2nd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather have Steve Breaston. He would come cheaper I think and you wouldn't have to pay him near as much as a Boldin. Additionally, Breaston is an impact player in the return game and he is only one season removed from 1,000 yards receiving. He has stretch the field speed. Wonder if Arizona would take Maroney and say a 4th or 5th round pick for Breaston?

No 5th.

AZis not on crack to trade Breaston for Maroney+pick. They already have 2 solid RB's

I'd rather have Steve Breaston. He would come cheaper I think and you wouldn't have to pay him near as much as a Boldin. Additionally, Breaston is an impact player in the return game and he is only one season removed from 1,000 yards receiving. He has stretch the field speed. Wonder if Arizona would take Maroney and say a 4th or 5th round pick for Breaston?

Maroney and a 4th or 5th for Breaston?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Please don't drink in the morning and then go directly on internet Message Boards,It makes you write stupid stuff :)

Maroney is not trade bait IMO unless a team finds a big need for an estimated 3rd depth RB who also now fumbles in critical areas.

Just a rumor: A friend's niece picks up the dog crap at Tom Jackson's life partner's house. She overheard Sergio say that Coach Belichick was hot for some player named Milf.

Just a rumor: A friend's niece picks up the dog crap at Tom Jackson's life partner's house. She overheard Sergio say that Coach Belichick was hot for some player named Milf.

winner.jpg

That's a roger, 10-4.

We'd be better off DRAFTING someone like breaston (who I don't think even went that high) instead of spending huge money AND draft picks getting a possibly washed up Boldin.

Cardinals RIPPED us off with a 3rd for Starks, remember? How'd that turn out. Now we're going to pay a 2nd and huge money for a possible washed up player? Starks at one point was huge (pick 6 in a SB and all pro, IIRC), and BB bought his old press clippings. When we got him he was a shadow of his former self though.

If the cardinals are selling, we ain't buying!

That's a roger, 10-4.

We'd be better off DRAFTING someone like breaston (who I don't think even went that high) instead of spending huge money AND draft picks getting a possibly washed up Boldin.

Cardinals RIPPED us off with a 3rd for Starks, remember? How'd that turn out. Now we're going to pay a 2nd and huge money for a possible washed up player? Starks at one point was huge (pick 6 in a SB and all pro, IIRC), and BB bought his old press clippings. When we got him he was a shadow of his former self though.

If the cardinals are selling, we ain't buying!

I don't think Boldin's washed up, but I also don't think he's as good as some people on here make him out to be. When I say this, you should keep in mind that I've been watching the guy since he was in high school (he played at a school that was about 30-40 minutes away from me).

I don't think the Patriots should trade any high end picks for WR help. I'd much prefer they use their picks to replenish a talent weak roster, and go after a free agent like Stallworth, who knows the system, has the tools, and will be cheap. I understand the issue with his off field problem from last year, but Lenord Little plays in the league without much attention.

If Boldin ended up on the Patriots roster, this team would be capable of making another 19-0 run.

I hadn't realized Maroney's value had eroded that much. He was a former 1st round pick. He still hasn't lost his speed, he's relatively young, and he doesn't have a lot of wear on the tires. I think now might be the time to unload him and try to get a pick in return if we can't swing a trade for a player. We can use the pick we get back to roll the dice on a new RB or fill another area of need like, WR for instance.

Maroney is not trade bait IMO unless a team finds a big need for an estimated 3rd depth RB who also now fumbles in critical areas.

Last edited:
That game aside, I think we'd all take our chances with an "unstoppable" offense.

Regarding the thread, it's not a reasonable rumor until we know the source. There's too much crap out there to just say "another site".

What he said; its called a RUMOR.

No 5th.

AZis not on crack to trade Breaston for Maroney+pick. They already have 2 solid RB's

This says it all really. People here bash Maroney and then say this about Arizona's RBs.

Do you watch any football? or do you just decide you like someobody's name and say stupid things?

Not sure if somebody else has mentioned this, but maybe Adalius Thomas is a fit for the Cards. Their defense has kind of been the pitfall of their team the past few years and even with his troubles this past year he could very easily be an upgrade for them.

I don't like that trade, I'd rather get Domenik Hixon and Kevin Walter and not give up ANY picks.

I'd rather we sign Wilfork. (That is my answer to any free agent or trade rumors)

Not sure if somebody else has mentioned this, but maybe Adalius Thomas is a fit for the Cards. Their defense has kind of been the pitfall of their team the past few years and even with his troubles this past year he could very easily be an upgrade for them.
I'd be happy to trade Thomas and any pick for Larry Fitzgerald. Let's face it, with Leinart at the helm, the Cards will be 8-8 at best next season and go into a rebuilding mode for the next 80 years. ;)

The expression actually is Fortune favors the foolish, or Fortune favors fools.

It is a Chinese probverb:
Yong ren duo hou fu.

But use the right expression and I agree:

Fortune favors the foolish.

This would be a foolish move.

Where's Patjew when you need him... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back