PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Boldin for a 2nd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcgraw_wv

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
My dad told me about a rumor he heard somewhere on another site about how there may be interest in the Patriots sending a 2nd round pick to the cardinals for Boldin.

Has anyone else heard this?

Trade for the beast.

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens, but I think the rumor is probably bogus. It hasn't been reported here nor have any of the media that I know of reported it.

My dad told me about a rumor he heard somewhere on another site about how there may be interest in the Patriots sending a 2nd round pick to the cardinals for Boldin.

Has anyone else heard this?

What I'm guessing he saw/read is that (A) Boldin might be available for a 2010 2, and (B) the Pats need a receiver and happen to have three 2s.

It might happen, but part of the problem is that Boldin wants a bigger contract.

Then pay him.
He would be fantastic. Whats he looking for 7/8 mill a year?

Bodden wants a contract bigger than Larry Fitz .So yes we can get him and make him the higest paid player till brady is resigned.

not sure what message it send when you sign some one long term and the highest paid player when players like vince , brady ,mankins ,bodden waiting to get a contract.

If any year was the right year, this might be it.

Moss, Edelman, Tate, Boldin is a good start. If (big if?) Welker is back after starting on PUP, that could make a decent top of the WR list for next year. And yes, I recognize Tate hasn't proven anything yet.

If the Patriots got Boldin, Brady might break his 2007 records LOL

Bodden wants a contract bigger than Larry Fitz .So yes we can get him and make him the higest paid player till brady is resigned.

not sure what message it send when you sign some one long term and the highest paid player when players like vince , brady ,mankins ,bodden waiting to get a contract.

First, wanting and getting are two different things.

Second, Boldin might have come down from his demands as Fitzgerald has consistently putting more and more distance between him and Boldin talent-wise. The fact that the Cards could only get a third rounder in a trade for him last year when they offered him up last offseason might have hit Boldin with the reality of his real worth.

What I'm guessing he saw/read is that (A) Boldin might be available for a 2010 2, and (B) the Pats need a receiver and happen to have three 2s.

It might happen, but part of the problem is that Boldin wants a bigger contract.

Boldin is 30 years old too.

First, wanting and getting are two different things.

Second, Boldin might have come down from his demands as Fitzgerald has consistently putting more and more distance between him and Boldin talent-wise. The fact that the Cards could only get a third rounder in a trade for him last year when they offered him up last offseason might have hit Boldin with the reality of his real worth.

This..... Boldin isn't stupid. I suspect for a decent salary and the chance to play here he might well go for that.

Not sure I want to invest in Boldin. The 2nd rounder is okay, but he will be expensive. All the offense really needs is a David Givens, not a 3rd superstar caliber WR. Plus he's injury prone.

I know, he makes the offense look 'unstoppable'... 2007 offense was also unstoppable until the game that mattered.

I know, he makes the offense look 'unstoppable'... 2007 offense was also unstoppable until the game that mattered.
That game aside, I think we'd all take our chances with an "unstoppable" offense.

Regarding the thread, it's not a reasonable rumor until we know the source. There's too much crap out there to just say "another site".

Not sure I want to invest in Boldin. The 2nd rounder is okay, but he will be expensive. All the offense really needs is a David Givens, not a 3rd superstar caliber WR. Plus he's injury prone.

But......
Theres money in the kitty. And Moss may not be around in 2011. No-one knows how Welker is going to rebound.

Fortune favours the brave. This would be a brave move.

Would be a great addition if it's true. Sign him up!

That game aside, I think we'd all take our chances with an "unstoppable" offense.

Regarding the thread, it's not a reasonable rumor until we know the source. There's too much crap out there to just say "another site".

I agree but, going into 2007 we didn't the needs we have this offseason. Moss was acquired with a 4th rounder and played for peanuts that year too. I just think we don't need 3 superstars at 1 position (aside from LB, that'd be nice). It makes sense if the Patriots don't want to keep Moss around after next year, but again the injury issue... is Boldin worth relying on for the big bucks? Our best teams were deep at the WR rather than one or two superstars and no one beyond that to rely on.

But......
Theres money in the kitty. And Moss may not be around in 2011. No-one knows how Welker is going to rebound.

Agree with those points. But as I said in the other post, I'd rather not go the superstar route with WR's. If Welker is going to be retained when his contract runs out we will have to pay him very nice too.

Well, if Welker doesn't come back, they probably need more than a Givens. Besides, this could be Moss' last year as a Patriot.

We have gaping holes at OL, LB, have many of our own FA. Why would BB spend a 2Rd pick on 30yr old WR who missed 4 games in '07 and '08. This would be CAP lunacy. For a change use the Draft to build the team up. Stop chasing after these FA.

BTW, we had a chance to draft Bolding coming out of FSU, but passed him up for ? wanna guess ?...........all world WR Bethel Johnson.:bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots