PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Bethel for William Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
Was listening to EEI and a caller called up and said Chris Collins reported that Bill is talking to Romeo about a Bethel for William Green trade. Minor deal, dont know how legit it is. but thought I'd share it.

He has more productive than Bethel, has some value as a backup. If it's true then I believe Belichick feels Bethel has reached his peak as far as the Patriots are concerned.

Why do i get the feeling Belichick needs a RB to complete another deal and they are trying to equal out the numbers like the NBA does?

SURE why not? lets trade one of our TWO wide recievers for a running back,

I"ve been wondering about Green for a few years. If his head's on straight, he does have ability. And he's somewhat stuck in his current situation in Cleveland. That said, I'm probably one of the few not quite ready to give up on BJ.

That would leave us with one receiver.

Bethel's time has come and gone. I'd rather take my chances with a rook.

re

Sweet, BB and I must be on the same wavelengths. Everyone get ready for the devastating 1 WR, 3-TE, 1RB set next year!

If this happens it would be interesting to see if this former Boston College player can regain that old magic.

maverick4 said:
Sweet, BB and I must be on the same wavelengths. Everyone get ready for the devastating 1 WR, 3-TE, 1RB set next year!

And when we win the Superbowl next year, half the league will start using that offense. BB...always a step ahead of the pack

Very very good move. Green is loaded with talent, I think he just needs a fresh start. Get this one done.

Green has been an underachieving, injury riddled player who has had a boat load of personal problems.

When he was at BC I thought he was an man among boys. But, he has yet to prove it in the NFL.

My big question sould be. Has he grown up and become a man and a good citizen.

This MAY not be a bad deal at all...I think both players need fresh starts..I liked BJ a lot, but he never seemed to take things seriously..Yes, he made some big time grabs..but they were few and far between. His KR skills were tops..but I think his not stepping up to be the wideout they wanted put him in the doghouse. Green may be the RB that the Pats will have for the future. He's a big one..and is loaded with talent. Might this route be better than a draft pick?? How much more expensive will this be?? Might be just what is needed.

amen

PATSNUTme said:
Green has been an underachieving, injury riddled player who has had a boat load of personal problems.

When he was at BC I thought he was an man among boys. But, he has yet to prove it in the NFL.

My big question sould be. Has he grown up and become a man and a good citizen.

You are right....Green has proven VERY LITTLE in the pro's.....I don't see BB making that trade.......

Green has had tons of off the field problems. I dont see it happening.

drewdagreat said:
Very very good move. Green is loaded with talent, I think he just needs a fresh start. Get this one done.

This could be one of those trades that is good for both teams.

Bethel even now is way down on our depth chart. Give him a fresh start elsewhere and get value in return. Makes sense to me.

not being a jerk joesixpack, not very far to go down the depth chart when it's deion, bam and bethel

Warren94 said:
not being a jerk joesixpack, not very far to go down the depth chart when it's deion, bam and bethel

I agree, he's dropped all the way to 2nd.

Warren94 said:
Actually there are 4 others...signed...Rich Musinski, Zuriel Smith, John Stone and Mike McGrew....but who knows if any can step up. Smith may be a beneficiary as he is a KR so he and Bam and a few others may be vying for the WR/KR position....with Davis and BJ gone.
What is interesting is that BJ was inactive at the end of the season..basically the 7th receiver.... So instead of a cut, why not get a player in return?? Might be better..

maverick4 said:

Actually it would be a 4 TE set bcs we will sign a vet and pick HOF TE at pick 21 who's name nobody has ever heard of.

I really like William Green, he has had a lot of problems but is a talented back. I wouldn't trade Bethel for him however. Green has a shot at getting released or he could be had for a late round pick. Bethel could be a valuable KR for us. Remember that return against the Colts in the playoffs a few years back? I don't want to give up on him. Not quite yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back