PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RUMOR:Antoine Cason is coming for a visit to Foxboro this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
at least that's what the guys at Patriots Insiders are reporting. As we get closer to the weekend, we will probably hear more about it if it's "legit".

Last edited:
Well, it obviously doesn't mean they'll draft him, but it does show a decent amount of interest on their part, especially since they've already interviewed him. This would be the second CB that is scheduled to make his way up to Gillette, with Chevis Jackson being the other. I'm sure more will fallow as the draft gets closer.

Well, it obviously doesn't mean they'll draft him, but it does show a decent amount of interest on their part, especially since they've already interviewed him. This would be the second CB that is scheduled to make his way up to Gillette, with Chevis Jackson being the other. I'm sure more will fallow as the draft gets closer.

Two good DB's brought in. Both bring a smile to my face.

Great news. Cason is my favourite corner prospect in this whole draft. The best ball skills I've seen in a prospect since Ed Reed. Although he lacks pure speed, he has great hips, agility, acceleration, and instincts. IMO he's probably the only corner that has the potential to start for us from day 1 and be effective.

Great news. Cason is my favourite corner prospect in this whole draft. The best ball skills I've seen in a prospect since Ed Reed. Although he lacks pure speed, he has great hips, agility, acceleration, and instincts. IMO he's probably the only corner that has the potential to start for us from day 1 and be effective.

And he's a terrific kid! My favorite CB by far. As I've said so often, some are more athletically gifted -- but none play the position as well.

Cason is a character player with alot of skill who can play both corner and safety. I'd love to get, say, him and Quentin Groves if they can somehow get a hold of the Cowboys' two picks (though Groves might already be gone by then).

This is so exciting, if true. I LOVE Antoine. This was always the guy I could see in Patriots uniform. He's a stand out player and a stand out person. Hope we draft him:)

As others said, he is not the fastest CB out there, but he always seems to be in position to make a pick. Great ball skills!

No Dwight Lowery has the best ball skilss in this draft. He has something like 13 interceptions in 15 games. Unfortunately he ran a 4.6 instead of 4.4, so like Gipson of Oregon a few years ago, Lowery becomes a footnote in college football history instead of an NFL player.

As others said, he is not the fastest CB out there, but he always seems to be in position to make a pick. Great ball skills!

Yea, and he's not slow either. Go back and watch some of his game film, and you'll notice that he looked pretty quick/fast on some of those INT and punt returns. Timed speed and game speed are two different things, and I honestly think Cason has all the game speed/quickness you'll need out of a CB.

Keep in mind that Samuel was no burner either. The zone coverage they play relies more on closing speed than straight line speed.

No Dwight Lowery has the best ball skilss in this draft. He has something like 13 interceptions in 15 games. Unfortunately he ran a 4.6 instead of 4.4, so like Gipson of Oregon a few years ago, Lowery becomes a footnote in college football history instead of an NFL player.

I disagree. First look at the competition - Lowery played at San Jose St IIRC, while Cason played at Arizona in the Pac 10.

Also, I consider ball skills to be a lot more than just interceptions. It's locating the ball in the air to avoid PI calls. It's justing the flight path of the pass correctly and being to reach the ball at it's highest point and getting your hands on it. Admittedly, I've never seen Lowery play, but from what I've seen of Cason he plays the ball like a WR - he attacks the ball and gets it at the highest point, and rarely misjudges it.

Actually, Lowery is not as good as Cason. Lowery's pick were inhanced by mediocre QB's who didn't have as good of skills at reading the defenses like the QB's Cason faced in the Pac-10. Don't read so much into INT'S at the lower D-1 levels. Ball skills have alot to do with being in position on Ball arrival as well as read and react.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes