Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rummy to appear before Congress tomorrow

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Jul 31, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Rumsfeld to appear before Congress tomorrow.

The House Oversight Committee reports that in a late breaking development, Donald Rumsfeld will appear tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. for a hearing entitled “The Tillman Fratricide: What the Leadership of the Defense Department Knew.” The following witnesses will testify:

The Honorable Donald Rumsfeld (honorable?)
    Former Secretary of Defense

Gen. Richard B. Myers (Retired)
    Former Chair, Joint Chiefs of Staff

Gen. John P. Abizaid (Retired)
    Former Commander, U.S. Central Command

Gen. Bryan Douglas Brown (Retired)
    Former Commander, U.S. Special Operations Command

Lt. Gen. Philip R. Kensinger, Jr. (Retired)*
    (supboena issued/not confirmed)
    Former Commander, U.S. Army Special Operations Command

A previous witness list had suggested Rumsfeld would not attend.
  2. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

When was the last time anyone from Washington fessed up to anything. If there was any act of wrongdoing, it will be stonewalled, coveruped, or we'll get the 'in the best interest of national security' answer.
  3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

you're likely correct... but, as they always do, one or two of them will slip up and accidentally contradict the others... this is too vast a lie, just like warrantless wiretaps, US attorney purges, bogus reasons for invasion, caging lists of minority voters, torture and on and on....
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Why even bother? Why spend a dime asking this lying prick any questions?
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +360 / 11 / -27

All he is gonna do is stonewall or forget what he said.. it is a waste of our time, reminds me of the steroids hearings.. time to move on.. he will never tell the truth and his minions will all lie also.
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

oh, my allies... you're being too dismissive... something could certainly come of this, and it is always a big deal in front of Congress... it will be entertaining...

besides, if we learned anything from Donald Rumsfeld, it's that he's bombastic and arrogant... it would not surprise me, if any of the Congressmen showed any balls, to see him lock horns and for it to really get interesting...

at the very least, i predict a contradiction to be uttered compared to what the official record states thus far...
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Your sentence structure is wrong. It should read: " It would surprise me if any of the Congressmen showed any balls."

Does anyone kow who's on this hearing committee?
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

Why was this covered up in the first place, in every war that has ever been waged since time began soldiers have died at the hands of their comrades be it accidental, or be it murder, that is a fact of war, war is hell.

Why would they want it covered, could there be another reason, a reason we don't want to hear but are now going to be forced to hear and we may not like it :confused:
  9. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Well, they want him to testify, that's good enough for me. That obviously proves he's guilty and based on the responses to this thread so far you all agree. Rummy probably ordered everyone to cover it up and Cheney and Bush were in on it too. There's a good chance Tilman was murdered for political reasons and even that can be traced all the way up the ladder to Bush. After all this administration is caple of unthinkable evil. There is no other possible answer. As we all know any testimony to the contrary is automatically a lie. Thank God we have a democratically controlled congress that is in this with only the most honest and pure intentions. I don't know how anyone could accuse them of being politically motivated by parading republican after republican in front of these seemingly never ending hearings.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

You can say that again.
  11. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

OK :D Well, they want him to testify, that's good enough for me. That obviously proves he's guilty and based on the responses to this thread so far you all agree. Rummy probably ordered everyone to cover it up and Cheney and Bush were in on it too. There's a good chance Tilman was murdered for political reasons and even that can be traced all the way up the ladder to Bush. After all this administration is caple of unthinkable evil. There is no other possible answer. As we all know any testimony to the contrary is automatically a lie. Thank God we have a democratically controlled congress that is in this with only the most honest and pure intentions. I don't know how anyone could accuse them of being politically motivated by parading republican after republican in front of these seemingly never ending hearings.
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

You can say that again :singing:
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

Do you think it's possible for a man to be in love with four women and one man at the same time?
  14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

your smarminess aside, let me offer you a few direct questions... i'll put odds on you actually answering each question at something around 10:1.... but, it's important they be asked:

what is your opinion of Rumsfeld's arrogance and beligerance yesterday? justified? you know, a man with a legacy of impeccable attention to detail suddenly saying he couldn't recall some 82 times, and refusing to acknowledge the Tillman family seated right behind him?

further, how do you feel about appointed and elected national officials refusing to cooperate time and time again? shall we guess you're fine with that, as long as the stone walling is about supporting military might and offensive "defense?"....
  15. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I think anyone put in that kind of a hot seat that felt he was being more accused than asked something, might be beligerant. His arrogance is nothing new and I don't like it anymore than say Leahey's arrogance. These senate hearings as well as the one in the republican controlled days are a joke. The are meant first and foremost to hurt and embarras the other party. Lately they're not even about actual possible crimes, they are about trying to trip someone up to be innconsitant so they the can be charged with the crime of purgery. Theres where the "I don't recall comes in". You'll see it now and forever in these hearings now matter who is being questioned. And refusing to cooperate? I think it's more refusing to be victimized by a group of politicians that parade opponent after opponent out for their dog and pony show. I would say thet even if the political parties were reversed. Now I’m not saying that sometimes hearings are needed for legitimate concerns, but many of these hearings are little better than stages for politicians to try and bulley and embarrass people. The problem with partisans is that once the rumor or accusation is made about someone, they're automatically guilty.

I didn't see the the testimony on TV so I wasn't aware of Tilman's family being acknowledged or not. If he dissed them, then he was wrong.

Did I miss any of your questions?
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  16. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

fantastic... so, to someone like you, it's all just an attempt to embarrass the Republican party... of course... there's been no wrong doing with this White House concerning the US Attorney firings, warrantless wiretaps, torture, WMD "evidence", cronyism, no-bid contracts, the vindictive and coordinated outing of a COVERT CIA operative, nor the cover-up of Pat Tillman's death... we see, now, that it's just the Democratic party being nasty...

anyhow, thanks for answering... we got it...
  17. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +233 / 8 / -13

Very accurate and well said. ;)
  18. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

the only accurate thing here is your winking to him...

you war supporters need not be reminded that there are skeptical and angry Republicans on these Congressional panels also, no?... this isn't an unsubstantiated witchhunt in the least... this is an administration that had 74% approval at one time, and has earned every drop since because of lies, piss-poor planning, lies, ignorant appointees, lies, corporate greed, vindictiveness and lies.
  19. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

The US Attorney firings is a witch hunt because , duh, they are political just like they are when democrats do it. pat Tillman...yeah lets assume it went all the way to the top and have some hearings to"prove" it, nothing political there. Torture? Boy that one was nasty. lets show the world that the US is the torure capital of the world so we can get Bush, yep Abu Garaib went all the way to the top. How did Ted kennedy put it? "Under US management" No bid contracts? that's a laugh. The last time hailburton was outbid, Bill Clinton over road it and awarded it to them anyway. You do know that when a bid is won and there is a war that the existing contractor doesn't have to bid. Vindictive outing of an opertative.......that hasn't been proven. That was the biggest dog and pony show of all. WMD's....some funny business went on there, I agree.

And by the way, I said the republicans did the same thing when they had the power. You, having never been wrong in your life just won't admit any political motivation driving most of this stuff.
  20. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

this post above is so utterly full of sh!t, i don't even know where to begin...

but then, ignoring the mountain of evidence against the administration in each of those instances has become status quo for Bush League cultists who deny, deflect, minimize and obfuscate...

for now, i'll just say it was proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, by the CIA and by Patrick Fitzgerald. ... but any four-yearold can just keep saying "prove it" or "why?" over and over again... and that creates all the "reasonable doubt" they need to keep flapping their wings...
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2007