Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rules Clarification - Infractions Expose

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PF1996, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PF1996

PF1996 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I've been informed by a.paul that infraction notification is public information. According to a.paul, he was "informed by trusted moderators that I had received infractions...". So, I'm now asking these "trusted moderators" to provide infraction information about two posters for whom personal attacks is SOP.

I would like to know whether a.paul and Patriot in NY have received infractions for the following and if the answer is no - why not. These are just a few of the recent gems

Again, the lack of self-awareness by the righties is comical.

2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +341 / 3 / -13

I'm just going to take a stab at this one...I may be wrong, but here goes.

Patsfan members may lodge a complaint about another member vie PM's. The complainee may receive a reply that states "so & so has been warned, let me know if he continues" or something to that effect.

But number of warnings or violations is NOT public information, so if anyone tells you that, you know they're a couple of cards short in a game of one-card stud.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  3. PF1996

PF1996 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

This was also my belief so I was quite surprised when a.paul started talking about my "infractions". He then provided verification with the following

So if a.paul is being provided information about infractions on other members, then I don't see why we cannot be told whether a.paul or PatriotNY has received infractions for their over the top comments.
  4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +341 / 3 / -13

Why do you believe him? He may just be bluffing you to get you to show your cards. Now that you're acting upset about it, it makes it look like you're admitting to getting infractions.

I would have just told him I have never even received a warning...what are you talking about?

but that's just me
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I don't agree with the practice of PM's at all. I used them once to explain my position on something to someone once...I believe it was to PF 13 and AAB months ago. We ended up having a discussion about a subject that could have very well given my identity up if I had made that information public. I greatly appreciated PF13's and AAB's trust and confidence and still do. I also did it with Patters maybe a year ago. Same goes for him.

Point being, I think PM's should be reserved for clarification of one's POV by divulging some information that might reveal your identity to someone who might connect the dots and show who you are.

Any mods who divulge such so-called "private messages" information should be removed immediately from their position. PM's are a matter of strict trust, IMO. Mod's are the main arbiters of disputes ere wich often involve private communications in both directions which should always be held in the strictest of confidence. If the mods or anyone else decides to share information specific to PM's, they should be banned without delay.
  6. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0

[​IMG].....​

Really, was this worthy of your time? People hurl insults at each other here left and right. We could dedicate someone full time to citing exaples of it. In fact you, JUST citing two people oposite you political leanings is selective and typical. I could easily cite that number directed at me in the last 2-3 days, not weeks.
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 4 / -6

Putting On My Moderator's Hat

Generally, the moderators try not to share this info only because sharing infraction info will serve no constructive purpose and lead to arguments, as this thread proves. That said, the moderators do provide clues, and if you are really interested you can track them down. For instance, if a thread violates the rules to the point that it is closed or if someone sends us a PM expressing hurt about a personal attack, we do take it seriously and may or may not issue an infraction.

If no one complains or the moderators do not read an entire thread (which is often the case), there's a good chance a person can get away with rules violations, and I think just about everyone has. It's sort of like a speeding ticket. Chances are you won't get caught, but if you're driving a red sports car the chances of getting caught are greater.

Infractions are just an easier way for someone to be warned then sending them a PM (which some people have chosen to block) or disrupting a thread with a warning. Infractions have no power unless you get many of them in a 10 day period, which results in an automatic suspension. Also, each infraction typically expires after 10 days. That said, moderators are able to suspend or ban someone immediately, which is most commonly used with authentic spammers.

At any rate, I am certainly of the opinion that people should respect PMs and not share their contents without first requesting permission from the author. But, that's not a rule, just an opinion.

If you wish to continue this discussion, please post in the rules thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.