Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ruh-roh, Obama economy downgraded yet again!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by KDPPatsfan85, Aug 26, 2011.

1. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 Rookie

Ratings:
    +52 / 1 / -6

#51 Jersey

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

There must be a mistake, those sources are probably a right wing hate group, Chris Matthews & Maxine Waters will tell us the Real Story, God Willing.
  3. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

Actually, that's the United States economy you're referencing.

Are you happy that it's struggling? I would imagine so, if you're one of the rightists going on and on about debt when the issue is jobs. After all, the immediacy with which the right seized on a back-burner issue, when we have an immediate front-burner jobs problem, is pretty much a recipe to destroy the economy for political purposes.

A little clue for our local lackeys: You're going to have to be much richer to benefit from the "hate the little people" policies you're embracing.

PFnV
  4. Run DMC

Run DMC Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

We are in the middle of an economic cycle, and that happens to be a 16-18 year bear cycle, which started in 1999-2000. Who the president is or what party they represent is totally irrelevant to the conversation. And I might add, it is disgusting to see people revel in other's misery, unless, of course, they're Jest fans. :D
    Market Cycles: A Look at the Historical Evidence - Seeking Alpha
  5. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

Its honestly hardly worth the effort to respond. Anyone who thought we would be out of this mess during the first term of any president is delusional. Quite honestly, I don't think we are back until at least the end of the next term. Here's the kicker. A Republican wins the Presidency and the economy turns and he's an economic genious. Even if the policies are no different then Obama's.
  6. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +182 / 2 / -10

Good point...the economy runs it's cycle no matter who is in office.

But that doesn't mean we have to support artificially inflating our economy and increasing our already astronomical deficit. I don't blame our economic condition on politicians (except those who wanted to give mortgages to un deserving/unqualified individuals) and I also do not support any more gov't funded stimulus programs that will eventually run out...and when they run out, they'll want to do another one...ad infinitum.:rolleyes:
  7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Sorry but the economy isn't locked into any sort of set cycle other than it goes up and then goes back down again ad infinitum. Innovation and sorry to say, government intervention have affected the business cycle since forever, along with a bunch of other stuff.

Our biggest problem is that people just can't or won't put things into perspective. They're locked into seeing government finances as being bigger versions of their own and just assume the rules that work for them must apply to government as well.
  8. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Obama can't create jobs because the government does not create jobs. Business creates the jobs. If Obama could turn the economy around he would, it would help him big time in 2012.
  9. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

You can do indirect things... he's pretty much done that to the extent possible (in terms of infusing liquidity, which ended up on the sidelines, based on the belief that nobody will spend on new goods and services, there will be no market for any product, etc.)

Or you can do direct things, like public works projects: Hire people on the government dime. He has not done these things, since he's already a kenyan communist nazi muslim for even taking office. It's the opposite of "Only Nixon could go to China" -- only Obama can't be a liberal, on any subject, at any time. Notice that we haven't talked about helping out the poor -- we talk about helping the middle class. That's where he draws the line. You might like that or you might not... but that's about where he is.

He could do much more to drive down unemployment, but not while maintaining essentially a conservative spending policy. If you ask me, two republican parties are more than enough, and he should act like he gives a sh*t. But given what I see around here, hell, that might be political suicide in America.

PFnV
  10. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

One thing Obama is at fault for is all the massive spending. In 2008 he campained against Bush's big spending, and now in less than 3 years he has had more spending than Bush did in 8 years. I am not here to defend Obama, I don't care for his politics. However he can't turn the economy around. And I wish political figures would stop saying they are going to be the person to turn it around, because it is BS. They say it to sound good to voters, even though it is not true.