PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rugby Union

Ciara's Dad

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
There are 2 test matches taking place tomorrow which are of interest to me.
First up, the All Blacks take on Ireland, then later on the Springboks take on Wales. I wouldn't say I'm a great lover of rugby, but there is something different about test matches between Northern and Southern hemisphere teams that you don't necessarily get in the 6 nations tournament. There is a real edge to them. I think the SH teams see the NH teams as upstarts, who visit their countries every couple of years in order to show that they have come of age, and they're going to show who is boss. Invariably, they are despatched home with their tail between their legs! The atmosphere at these games is tremendous. It is not often away fans will travel to either New Zealand or South Africa, but when you turn the tv on tomorrow, there will be Irish tri-colours and Welsh red dragons to be seen all over the 2 stadiums.
I would watch any of these 2 games before I would watch any Euro 2008 soccer game.
Predictions for the games? Both NH teams to get pumped!!

Final score in Wellington, NZ, was 21-11 to the All Blacks.
In a very good game played in horrendous conditions, the Irish were very unlucky not to win their very first game against the AB's in 103 years of games between the 2 teams. It could all have been very different if one of the Irish players hadn't punched an AB in the face after the ref had awarded the Irish a pen. The ref then penalized the Irish, and gave the AB's back the ball. So stupid. The score was 11-11 at the time after 60mins. The AB's went into the lead because of this and never looked back.
Ireland now travel across the Tasmin Sea to play the Wallabies in Melbourne next week. Frying pan and fire comes to mind!!

Last edited:
The Welsh were well beaten by the Springboks 43-17 in superb conditions in Bloemfontein, SA. The 6 nations champs never stood a chance against the World Cup winners.
The second test takes place next week in Pretoria. I won't be holding my breath waiting on Wales's first ever win on South African soil!

14th June 08
All Blacks 37-20 England
Auckland, NZ

In the first of two test matches, England for 30mins held their own, but eventually the AB's overpowered them. It was a very good game to watch. Two AB mistakes gifted the English 14pts and gave the scoreline some respectability. For a time, the AB's looked as if they were going to rack up the score.

Last edited:
14th June 08
Wallabies 18-12 Ireland
Melbourne, Australia

Ireland came close to beating them, but great defence by the Aussies stopped Ireland from scoring. Too many handling errors and penalties conceded did nothing for the Irish cause. :(

14th June 08
Pretoria, South Africa
Springboks 43-17 Wales

The Welsh lost this second test, but don't be deceived by the scoreline. This was a close one, the Boks racking up the score with a couple of late tries. Up until the last 10mins, there was a real chance of the Welsh beating them for the first time on SA soil, and for only a 2nd time in Welsh history. Wales can be very proud of their performance.

21st June
Christchurch, NZ
All Blacks 44-12 England
The AB's final warm up game before the Tri-Nations series, sees them win the second test quite easily. They are different class. England have a lot of work to do to win the Northern Hemisphere's 6-nations series before they can dream of beating the AB's on NZ soil.

5th July 2008
Brisbane, Aus
Australia 40-10 France
Very easy victory for the Wallabies against a very tired looking French team. This is the second victory for Aus in this two test series. Once more, a Northern Hemisphere team is sent home to think again!
Australia building up nicely for their forthcoming Tri-Nations games.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back