Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rudy's got issues

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by 3 to be 4, Mar 23, 2007.

1. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

anything goes when it comes to Hos, but......Pimpin ain't easy.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

Rudy's got issues is an understatement.. cannot understand how he is even considered by the "Party of Family Values".

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

I don't think I'd vote for him I don't trust anybody that wants to take my gun away from me and then let the "Gang Banger" keep his.
    BUT, compared to the WRETCHED CLINTONS Rudi looks like JESUS.

5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

Are you implying that the Dems are a party without family values?

I've said from Day 1 that Rudi's skeletons are what may make him ultimately unelectable. I said a year ago that he had no chance because of them, but that's changed to the former. With the candidates to date being less an awe inspiring, Rudi's demons may not mean his doom. In today's politics, people vote as much against a candidate, as they do for. Sad reality of the millenia.

See 2004 election.

6. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's easy to understand by those who actually follow politics. See, political parties (i.e. the democrats and Republicans) are made up of varying interest groups. Within each party you have your moderates and your extremists. Guiliani has great support amongst the moderate Republicans (which tend to be people who like Republican fiscal policy but don't really care about the social policies) and he has low support among the social conservatives (in otherwords the "family values" wing). Guiliani would probably be the Republicans' most formidable nominee, only problem is he will have a hard time getting the nomination.

Hopefully the above will help you understand.

7. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

I actually think it's his to lose at this point. Who else is going to beat him on the GOP side? Although extremely early, right now it is quite possible we'll see a Hillary vs. Rudi final. I think Rudi's skeletons do him less harm in this match-up. Right now, I think match-ups will serve some candidates better than others.

8. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would love to see Rudy vs. Hilly but I just worry that McCain will take the nomination... I think he would be my least favorite of all the Republicans...

9. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

I think McCain is an admirable person, and highly respectable candidate. He's a moderate, and a pretty sensible guy in my eyes. I just think he sometimes tries to hard to be president sometimes. Hillary is one of my least favorite candidates. Her, Romney, and Edwards are no thank you's.