Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do we draft a tackle early in the draft?

• Yes

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Yes, but later in the draft

Votes: 19 51.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

skri65

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I think it is accepted that of all of the OL positions, our RT position is the one that needs the most work.

Do you think we draft a tackle early in the draft (2/3 rd?)

Thoughts?

I wana see what Ryan O' somethin can do lets see if he could step up and contribute this season.

I want to see defense, defense and defense early. 4th or 5th for a RT and let Dante groom him.

They brought in a FA guard, of starter quality, earlier in the process. He signed elsewhere, but I took it as a recognition that the right side of the line is NFL average at best. Wouldn't be surprised to see a "best player available" draft grab a right side OL.

Draft a LEFT tackle - thrid round and move Light to RT??

If there's value there - and you believe there are only so many talented big men on the planet - I think you do take an RT early. I think on the other side of the ball our defensive line is deep.

The Pats may feel differently, of course.

If you can get a good RT in the 2nd or 3rd round, I'd say draft him. Protecting Brady is a huge priority.

Last edited:
I can see drafting one later but there are plenty of spots to fill early in the draft on defense. I would say definately not in the first two rounds, MAYBE in the third. But even so how many 3rd round and lower guys can start at tackle as rookies?

I wana see what Ryan O' somethin can do lets see if he could step up and contribute this season.

What bugs me is he stoned Strayhan without much help in game 17. Why not start him in the SB? Gotta be in BB's dog house. Better than Nick K. right now in my very unworthy opinion. Should start in 2008.
DW Toys

I think it is accepted that of all of the OL positions, our RT position is the one that needs the most work.

Do you think we draft a tackle early in the draft (2/3 rd?)

Thoughts?

We have lots of good young OL. They'll only get better. The only thing worth doing would be a big time LT.

If we end up trading back in the draft and getting an extra pick I would LOVE to see Albert (G/T from VA)taken. I know BB likes him, from Al Grohs school. He is BIG and versitile. I think we had more problem at G last year(Mankins in SB, Neal might be about done, Hochstien too). If we cant get our pass rusher at 7, trade back and take Albert/Groves and a cb with our 2.

What bugs me is he stoned Strayhan without much help in game 17. Why not start him in the SB? Gotta be in BB's dog house. Better than Nick K. right now in my very unworthy opinion. Should start in 2008.
DW Toys

I didn't see much stoning from O'Callaghan in Week 17.

why is it everyone still thinks we have a crappy o-line?? they looked very good all season, and choked when it counted. keep in mind, it was mankins who had the worst performance that day, and he doesnt play rt:rolleyes:

I was thinking about o-line more and more for 2 reasons. Not because of their poor play in the SB. Bad games happen. This one happened at a bad time.

But because:

1) The o-line does need some depth and to go with the draft angle, BB does like grabbing o-lineman.

2) Ryan Clady. There's a shot he'd be available at 7. 6-6, 319. Big, versatile tackle. It would not shock me, if he's there at 7....EVEN if Gohlston is avaible....that they take Clady at 7.

I too was not impressed down the stretch with O'Callahan.

Just my hunch (on the draft) ...and it's been growing!

I know everyone wants to go D, especially early in the draft, but I see them building the team in FA so that they can go with BPA in the draft. They'll take the best player on their board, no matter the round. I think their problems in SB 42 were game plan related. They didn't account for their deficiencies, or adjust to them very well. That doesn't mean that they just give up on O'Callaghan or Kaczur. RT doesn't require the same skill level as LT for a RH QB. That said, I would not be any more surprised to see them go after Clady than I would to see Gholston or McKelvin or Jenkins. They're all probably worthy of the #7 slot. I still trust the Pats FO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back