Welcome to PatsFans.com

Royals I like

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +262 / 10 / -11

The Norwegian Royal Family has always been beloved by Norwegians. They come off as regular, unpretentious folk, and there are all sorts of stories of them acting like ordinary citizens. During a gas shortage years ago, the King chose to travel by tram, and this photo of him became very famous:

[​IMG]

But, now there's this story, which is especially wonderful. I don't think I could ever see anyone from the British royal family doing this:

Norway princess in secret India trip to play nanny - Yahoo! News

OSLO (Reuters) - Norway's Crown Princess Mette-Marit secretly traveled to India in order to care for infant twins born to the surrogate mother of a gay palace employee unable to get a travel visa, the palace said on Monday.

Armed with a diplomatic passport that granted her immediate access, the future queen jumped on a plane in late October when the employee, who is also a friend, and his husband were unable to travel to care for their newborns.

"For me, this is about two babies lying alone in a New Delhi hospital," Mette-Marit said in a statement. "I was able to travel and wanted to do what I could."

She did not alert Indian authorities and spent several days with the babies at the Manav Medicare Centre, where staff assumed the wife of Norway's Crown Prince Haakon was a nanny.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Not normally a royals person but I find Kate and William to be very sincere and helping people who are doing many people much good - I liked Diana also.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Yeah...that's great.

Royalty in 2012 is culturally insane.
  4. OMGWTFJUDD

OMGWTFJUDD Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's even worse when they are your head of state from 11000 miles away.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

A real head scratcher is the apparent awe of the British Folks over the most recent pregnancy..

It is almost as though the clock stopped in the British Isles...
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +262 / 10 / -11

People find celebrity entertaining. The British nonarchy is Britain's version of Hollywood in a lot of ways.

When I lived in Scandinavia, friends would explain to me that the monarchy provides the country with a sense of history and consistency over time. It connects them to the past. They felt Americans couldn't really get the profound importance of being connected to your country and land as far back as say 800 A.D. I agree. I don't get it.
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +660 / 2 / -9

After the Princess gets done in India she should come over here and spend a few nights in Central Sq Cambridge, she would find all kinds of shlt to do there.

Blindfold her before she gets to Central Sq, then sit her on a bench with the "locals" when they remove the blindfold she will think she is in India.

PS
    Maybe she can help "the cambridge masturbaters" I bet she'd get a kick out of those guys.

When she is all done buying shoes for the bums she can go down to the Charles River and feed the geese.

(they have a group of loons in cambridge who call themselves The Friends Of Geese)

God Bless All People Dear Lord

White House:
    "Barry darling"
    "Yes Michelle"
    "Are you going to drone some of those Packistan's today"
    "yo"