Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rove turns sights to Hillary..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by FreeTedWilliams, Feb 9, 2006.

1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +89 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

2. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  3. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +723 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

As a former Democratic campaign manager and strategist, based on my experience here's what's going on. This is being done not necessarily to defeat Hillary which is unlikely, but by forcing her to spend valuable time and money on a Senate campaign it diverts her from her 24/7 effort to secure the presidential nomination. A hotly contested Senate campaign forces her to take positions on the issues raised by her opponent. This makes her have to define her positions which is sadly always a problem for folks running in primaries because you're bound to offend one constituency or another. Were she unopposed or weakly opposed she could skate to re-election without taking difficult stands on any controversial voter bloc jeapordizing issues. See John Forbes Kerry, man of mystery's career.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  4. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +89 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

SSSSHHHHHHHHSSSHSHHHHH, it would have taken them two years to figure that out. Imagine if she did lose? I highly doubt it, but if she does, it would be hilarious!!!!
  5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

It will be interesting. Hillary has been doing a very good job of navigating the political waters so far. Although many people still don't like her, what will be seen is that her Senate record is quite likeable. Plus, she's apparently won some awards from veterans groups, and came out for legislation to ban flag burning.

I don't think she'll be forced to change her strategy, unless the Republicans do more to ramp up their sleaze machine. Sooner or later, the Republicans will no doubt insinuate that she's lesbian, did drugs, has a love child, whatever. How the Democrats respond to Republican lies and corruption will be interesting to observe, but I don't think Rove will start that game this early.
  6. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +723 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

Being a lesbo should not disqualify her for consideration