Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rove running the talkshow gauntlet tomorrow

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Aug 18, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

prediction: Pig Boy won't face a single awkward question all day...

If It’s Sunday, It’s Karl Rove

Karl Rove will be a guest this Sunday on Face the Nation, Meet the Press, and Fox News Sunday (ABC’s This Week is hosting a Democratic presidential debate).

Thus far, Rove’s farewell media blitz has simply provided him a platform to offer partisan attacks.

The media will be tempted to pick “Bush’s brain” for his views on the political horserace, on everything from the Democratic presidential candidates to Iraq to Bush’s veto threats. But they shouldn’t forget that Rove has yet to personally account for much of his sordid record in the White House. Here are a few of the issues that Rove needs to be asked about:

– Promoting the war as a member of the White House Iraq Group
    – Leaking Valerie Plame’s identity
    – Compiling the list of fired U.S. attorneys
    – Politicizing government agencies
    Dealing with Jack Abramoff
    – Violating White House email record-keeping rules

[​IMG]
    PC PHOTO caption: Karl Rove answers a question from Dr. Ruth

Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +814 / 26 / -33

He will never be asked the "hard questions", the so called MSM willl have a love fest and dance around just about everything.. he would not go public unless that this was so. He will not be allowed to be put into a situation where he could tip his hand... his handlers do not allow this.

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Is he going on "The Daily Show"?:rofl:

4. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

No, he's going for the Colbert Report.

5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

like he told Sheryl Crowe, "i don't work for YOU.... i work for the American people"...

whenever i look at Piggie, all i can think of is "Slimer" from Ghost Busters... he looks just like him...

6. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

When's he doing that?? I just looked at all the upcoming guests and he's not on the list.

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,118 / 3 / -10

He's going to be on Chris Wallace I don't know if he will be on the Big Mouth Matthews Hardball or not, he would be smart to stay away from Matthews, Matthews will ask him a question then if Matthews doesn't like the way the answer is coming out he will start yelling, drooling and interrupting him, Rove should avoid Hardball it's one of the lowest rated talk shows because of that, the guests don't like being yelled at and they don't like being "cut off" so they stay away.

Don't worry about Rove, he can handle any of them, I hope he goes on Oderman he will make Oderman look like one of the three stooges..
    :bricks:

8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

somehow, we knew a guy like Harry aligned himself with a guy like Karl Rove... how utterly fitting...

yelled at and cut off? you mean they way Sean Hannity and Bill O'Wrongly does daily?

9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,118 / 3 / -10

Yes your right, O'Reilly/Hannity both do it but Matthews is a master at it and if the guest trys to "outshout" Matthews he spits on them. :singing:

10. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

Harry, I watch Mattews all the time. He's fair and balanced He cuts everybody off,no matter what the topic. It seems like he wants to ask the next question so bad he just starts asking it before the first question is answered And who ever said that the tough questions won't be asked is most likly right. When ever one of theses higher ups from this administration is on one of these shows they're treated like the person asking the questions will be water boarded if they do ask a tough question.

11. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

Don't all of Rove's minions look like Karl himself? Theres been two or three that physically lok like Rove.i.e Sampson thining hair, pudgy. round face,working on a double chin. They all strike me as haveing their lunch money stolen when they were in grade school. A real life Revenge of the Neo-Con Nerds. Yes MINIONS is an apt description

12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

and, as expected... not much...

Rove On Whether He’ll Answer Questions About His Potentially Illegal Acts: ‘Nice Try’ »

On the Sunday shows this morning, Karl Rove was treated largely with kid gloves by the hosts and was not forced to confront many difficult questions about his ethical improprieties while serving in the White House.

In three Sunday show appearances, he was not asked once about his efforts to politicize the federal government, despite the fact that a front-page article appeared on that very subject this morning in the Washington Post. Rove was also not asked about his role in selling the war prior to the invasion. Nor was he asked about his connections to Jack Abramoff, his use of non-White House email accounts, or his stewardship over the Katrina reconstruction efforts.

On Fox News Sunday, host Chris Wallace attempted to press Rove on two troubling aspects of Rove’s record: his outing of Valerie Plame and his efforts to dismiss U.S. attorneys who refused to comply with the White House’s political orders. When Wallace tried to press for answers on these issues, Rove repeatedly answered, “Nice try”:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,118 / 3 / -10

Think Progress :singing: :singing:

14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +897 / 7 / -3

Saw Rove on Meet the Press last night. It was the first time I'd ever seen him speak at length, and man, the dude is no butter knife. You can see why he's an inside guy, he doesn't fumble or mumble anything. He speaks without hesitation or folly. He had an informed answer for every question. You know how some people get a little flustered by some questions, well this guy doesn't. You could see why he's been personally successful in politics. I still don't like him.