Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rove, Bush frame Governor

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wildo7, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

Scary stuff right here.

http://alternet.org/rights/78407/

Going to Jail for Being a Democrat: How Alabama Gov. Don Siegelman Got Roved

By Paul Craig Roberts, CounterPunch. Posted March 3, 2008.

Once a popular governor of Alabama, Siegelman was framed in a crooked trial and sent to prison by the corrupt Bush administration.

Don Siegelman, a popular Democratic governor of Alabama, a Republican state, was framed in a crooked trial, convicted on June 29, 2006, and sent to Federal prison by the corrupt and immoral Bush administration.

The frame-up of Siegelman and businessman Richard Scrushy is so crystal clear and blatant that 52 former state attorney generals from across America, both Republicans and Democrats, have urged the US Congress to investigate the Bush administration's use of the US Department of Justice to rid themselves of a Democratic governor who "they could not beat fair and square," according to Grant Woods, former Republican Attorney General of Arizona and co-chair of the McCain for President leadership committee. Woods says that he has never seen a case with so "many red flags pointing to injustice."

The abuse of American justice by the Bush administration in order to ruin Siegelman is so crystal clear that even the corporate media organization CBS allowed "60 Minutes" to broadcast on February 24, 2008, a damning indictment of the railroading of Siegelman. Extremely coincidental "technical difficulties" caused WHNT, the CBS station covering the populous northern third of Alabama, to go black during the broadcast. The station initially offered a lame excuse of network difficulties that CBS in New York denied. The Republican-owned print media in Alabama seemed to have the inside track on every aspect of the prosecution's case against Siegelman. You just have to look at their editorials and articles following the 60 Minutes broadcast to get a taste of what counts for "objective journalism" in their mind.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  2. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

No thoughts on the President and his political adviser incarcerating a Governor for being a Democrat?
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -3

Thsi stroy was already posted, bottom line the guy was a crook who was convicted by a trial of his peers. You saw no conservatives defending for example Randy Cunningham when he was convicted for being a crook (he was a VietNam war hero to boot)

Guess this is one of the diferences between the libs and conservatives they don't care if a lib politican is a crook, conservatives don't tolerate pols vbeing a crrok whether demrat or pubbie.
  4. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

well, Gary Condit was a crook, Jim Moran is a crook, in fact, I've never had a problem with the convictions of crooks in the Democratic party before.

This clearly is not the same.

And this article was published today.
  5. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

6. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

7. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -1

Were the president and his advisor the judge and jury in the court that convicted him? I read very little about this case, but it seems that he was convicted by a jury, and that the man he was doing business with was a shady cat. The more crooks they put in jail the better. I've always been of the opinion that the penalties for people who commit crimes while employed by the publics trust, should be more severe than that of the average citizen.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  8. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

Right, because no one has ever been framed before:

There's plenty more actual information if you'd care to actually bother to read the article before responding.
  9. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -3

is alternet named after the proud communist Eric Alternman?

Just wondering. So the net for libs is, lib pol is a crook, but it is Buhhs's fault...
    Whatever.
  10. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

so you're saying that which part of the article is untrue? Oh right, your just going to go Ad Hominem again and dismiss it out of hand.

Well, ok, I'll play. Please provide a link or any shred of evidence that Eric Alterman is now or has ever been a communist. 60 minutes talked about this too, does that make them "communists?"

Really, grow the fvck up.
  11. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

#15 Jersey

I haven't read any of the article yet, and not familiar with the case at all, but, to compare him to Duke Cunningham is pretty lame if in fact 52 Attorney Generals are urging an investigation. How many people expressed concern for Duke Cunningham (excluding his wife).
  12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -3

from the NY Times:

Yeah convicted over a lousey $500k.....
    Yeah must be Bush's fault.

It's not as if he raped a teenage boy and is still being supported by libs (oops forgot G Studds).
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

What a bunch of complete horseshyt. You really do live an alternate universe of reality, don't you?
  14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -3

Where have I defended a pubbie pol or any pol who was convicted in a court of law?

Please cite 1 example where I said anything other than the crook should be punished.

Put up or shut up...
  15. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

So now the NYTimes is credible? I thought it was a "liberal rag?" I guess I'm missing something here.......
  16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -3

Well if a lib rag can see the guy is a crook.......
  17. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

I'm sorry, all I see is that he was convicted. What about that is insconsistent with the article I posted?
  18. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Oh, we're talking about people on this forum? How about writing that?

Way to keep your argument mobile. You've punted to something your previous post didn't actually say at all.

But then, that's precisely what you do.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  19. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -3

IF the website thinks CBS news is a tool of 'right wing corporate interest', then they are on the lunatic fringe. I wonder how many of the protesting attorneys had reviewed the transcript of the case? I haven't I do know he was ocnvicted by a jury of his peers. Unless the conviction were overturned on appeal he can rot in jail.

As to Rove, every political org does opposition research, Where was the outrrage when raw FBI files were found illegally in the WH? Where was the concern about abuse of power when a slew of right wing orgs were investigated by the IRS during the 90's.

Spare me the phoney indignation.
  20. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -3

I will expand the challenge then no conservative on this board has defended a pubbie pol convicted for being a crook unlike the display we see on this thread.
  21. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

I choose to put up:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=57116

Here's a priceless snip-it from this thread:

22. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -3

Nice to try to take a comment totally out of context. Concerning the Plame trial. First Libby wasn't a crook. He took no bribes and didn't seek any personal gain. Second he wasn't a politican, never was an elected offical. Third there was no underlying crime, no one has ever been prosecuted for 'outing Plame. He was convicted for having a different memory of a 2 yr old conversation than Russert.

The conversation was about whether the Libby conviction was for outing Plame and any cover up.
  23. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

Out of context? I posted the link for everyone to see. You expanded our "challenge" to include other conservatives on this site, and I found numerous examples in this thread, including you:

"Where have I defended a pubbie pol or any pol who was convicted in a court of law?"

Here you are defending him. You insinuate numerous times in this thread that the conviction was unfair and partisan. Nothing about your quote is "out of context" and I challenge others to look at this quote and its context and decide whether you are trying to defend Libby, who was convicted in a court of law, or not.

"I don't think he felt a need to lie. If you look at reports of the trial, there were contradictions about who said what to to who and when it was said a number of the reporters also contradicted their GJ testimony also. I wouldn't remember what I had said to a particular person on a particular day 2 years earlier."

Please explain how this is "out of context" and not a blatant attempt by you to insinuate that the conviction was unfair and somehow partisan.

I suggest you just remove your foot from your mouth and move on.
  24. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Don't bother. Pathological guy here has already had his ass handed to him regarding the vindictive and intentional outing of a CIA agent many months ago. He resurfaces every 4-5 months to re-establish the same set of lies and half-truths on a new audience, while pretending that his National Review talking points haven't already been blasted out of the water.
  25. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -1

I stopped reading the article you provided when I got to this line:

It's hard for me to take the articles POV seriously when it says the Bush Admin sent him to jail, and calls the admin "corrupt & immoral". I googled the dude and read some different sources about him & his case. The guy was crooked. He was taking gifts from lobbyists as far back as 1999. I don't feel bad for him.
  26. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Former Alabama Gov. Don Siegelman, who has been serving a seven-year federal prison sentence for bribery, was ordered released from prison Thursday pending appeal. The House Judiciary Committee had already requested that the Department of Justice release Siegelman to testify about the circumstances of his prosecution and conviction, which Siegelman and his supporters, including many in the blogosphere, contend was politically motivated. On Thursday, the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that there were "substantial questions" about his case, without specifying what those questions were. Siegelman will be free on bond during the appeals process; on Thursday his wife and daughter were headed to Oakdale, La., to pick him up and bring him back to Birmingham.
    http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/03/siegelman_released_from_prison.php
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  27. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

well what do you know. Reason number 1347 that Rove and Bush should be in jail for life.