PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

First round of cuts must be completed Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not shocked at all on any of those three. Gaffney to IR shocks me even less. Kelly was a stunner, but I doubt we'll see any more surprises until we cut down to 53.

EDIT: Maybe it will be a good surprise. Maybe Bill got his hands on those pics and Jake Bequette gets fired out on his ass today.

I was just thinking about this post from another thread:

many guys playing Thursday are zombies. Already "cut" by the coaches but needed for Thurs only to fill out a roster to keep vets off the field and away from possible bumps bruises and worse

Interesting to think in terms of "what positions still have enough 'extra' players hanging around to make cuts now, rather than later?" Maybe:
DT: Bass, Tuipulotu, Manumaleuna
S: Shamiel Gary, Kanorris Davis, Jamea Thomas

@cpriceNFL: Can confirm the initial report from @jeffphowe that Travis Hawkins will be part of Pats cuts today.

I was just thinking about this post from another thread:

Interesting to think in terms of "what positions still have enough 'extra' players hanging around to make cuts now, rather than later?" Maybe:
DT: Bass, Tuipulotu, Manumaleuna
S: Shamiel Gary, Kanorris Davis, Jamea Thomas

I hope we can have one or both of Tuipulotu or Manumaleuno on our PS. They seem like good guys to develop. In years past they probably would have made the teams where we had guys like Kyle Love and Brandon Deaderick at DT.

Expect Chris Martin to be put on the Reserve/NFI list today as well. With Tyler Gaffney going to IR and the other cuts, there aren't that many left (5?)to make.

Other Cuts: Van Hooser, Hawkins, Kelly, Anderson, W. Smith

Skinner, Van Hooser, Derrick Johnson among the cuts. And per @jeffphowe, Tyler Gaffney will be placed on injured reserve today.

Apparently you can have too many, ahem, "Wes Welker clones" on one team. :p

Lawyer Milloy just smiled....

Add Deonte Skinner- LB and Johnson- WR to the list of Cuts.. So just 3 more by my count..

Chris Jones would be a real surprise. Maybe he's just dealing with a nagging injury.
Chris Jones suffered that leg injury. He hasn't practiced since then to my knowledge.

Chris Jones would be a real surprise. Maybe he's just dealing with a nagging injury.

Given it's the ankle why even have him do a walkthrough which is focused on Thursday's game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back