PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

round 2 prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade up when they just traded down?? Bahahahahahahaha

Even if they trade down with one of their 2nd and 3rds they are still up a 4th and 7th round pick in the trade while keeping their other 2nd and 3rd pick. Yes, it makes perfect sense. Especially if it's a player they valued at 29 to begin with.

While I agree that having depth at key positions is vital, you don't use high picks for guys that are strictly depth. Remember, Hernandez and Gronk are both signed long term, so any TE drafted is never going to crack the starting lineup, unless hes a stud.

its just a very poor use of limited resources. Now, taking a flyer on a TE late? Great.

yeah....because the offense works so great when the TE's are hurt.......Great

you do when your scheme depends on it.....it's more productive than drafting a CB with the same pick who will likely only see nickel situations in a blowout...there's no point in having a scheme that doesn't work if 1 guy gets hurt......TE's accounted for over 2200 yards and 24 TD's in 2011 and 1500 yards and 16 TD's last year.....at a position that needs to be both that productive and has involvement in the trenches, you need more than 2 good TE's

BTW, he can be had in the 3rd round.....

you do when your scheme depends on it.....it's more productive than drafting a CB with the same pick who will likely only see nickel situations in a blowout...there's no point in having a scheme that doesn't work if 1 guy gets hurt......TE's accounted for over 2200 yards and 24 TD's in 2011 and 1500 yards and 16 TD's last year.....at a position that needs to be both that productive and has involvement in the trenches, you need more than 2 good TE's

BTW, he can be had in the 3rd round.....

Or you could get some quality wideouts, and not be at the mercy of the health of your TEs.

Either way, I think the person you're thinking about here is Gronkowski, not Hernandez.

So, you're going to spend your scarce resources (high draft picks) on an improvement that will only help you when Gronk is hurt, rather than spend them on an improvement that will help you all the time?

By that logic, we should have drafted a QB in the first round every year.

Belichick has always had a tendency to double up in drafts, Gronkowski/Hernandez, Ridley/Vereen etc..., so i am going to go with a double at WR K. Allen/M. Wheaton

Belichick has always had a tendency to double up in drafts, Gronkowski/Hernandez, Ridley/Vereen etc..., so i am going to go with a double at WR K. Allen/M. Wheaton

Rather hoping for a combination of Wood's-Wheaton or Wheaton-Dobson myself.

Of course I'd be ok with Patton Rodgers,Hunter and a number of others as well.

Keenan Allen is leaving a Ras Dowling impression on me so far. I concede he is very talented and could be a very good pro. But I just have this nagging concern about him and his injuries. You could be right though. He very well may be the best WR in this draft class. It's just something doesn't sit right with that knee of his.

Why does everyone want someone who is 5'8 and got kicked out of school for failing too many drug tests and hasn't played football in a year?

I don't buy the "he's a playmaker" bullsh-t and I don't want him near my team. Let the Bengals or Rams draft him.

Because he is a playmaker, it isn't bull****.

He has some balls, something our entire team asides from a select few possess.

Problem is we just overpaid Arrington so I don't know where he plays if we do take him.

Keenan Allen is leaving a Ras Dowling impression on me so far. I concede he is very talented and could be a very good pro. But I just have this nagging concern about him and his injuries. You could be right though. He very well may be the best WR in this draft class. It's just something doesn't sit right with that knee of his.

I doubt I am right i just figured i would take a stab at it. Hopkins ended up being the WR I wanted most in the first but the Texans took him. As far as the second goes i just think there is a decent chance both these guys will be available, which is the first criteria, and both fill a specific role and could play early and often. Allen gives them the big possession WR to replace Lloyd and Wheaton gives them a bigger more explosive version of a young deion branch, and i could see both starting with Amendola by mid season. So my decision was ultimately based on need, past experience with Belichick doubling up at a position of need, Roles available for them to fill, availability, and a heavy dose of wishful thinking.

Because he is a playmaker, it isn't bull****.

Playmaker means "guy I like" right? Because I've never seen a better definition than that.

Pat Chung was a "playmaker". He's also a terrible safety.

Or you could get some quality wideouts, and not be at the mercy of the health of your TEs.

Either way, I think the person you're thinking about here is Gronkowski, not Hernandez.

I thought that was happening anyway, not instead of.....

need 'em both......Ballard appears to be a good backup for Gronk.........neither Fells nor Hoomanawanui can do what Ahern does......he's the only one.....I don't think it is unreasonable to use a 3rd rounder on a guy who will allow you to do the same things as Ahern in case of injury or even just for gametime substitution....I think it's more important than getting another CB to stand in line behind the half dozen or so that are already here .... I'd say a later orund pick on a safety would be more appropriate.....

if we wound up with:
Woods, Hunt, Reed, Barrett Jones and DArius Slay or something like that by the end of the 4th, we'll be doing well...I would also not have an issue with ryan swope instead of reed or jones

I'm hoping we go:

2)Allen
2)Hunter
3)Dobson
4)Swope
5)WR
7)WR
7)WR
7)WR

Just kidding, I'd love to get a BIG receiver with #52 (Allen, Hunter or Dobson) and Margus Hunt at #59.

I'll toss out a couple of predictions:

At least one WR (Woods, Wheaton, Hunter), though I'd prefer two

If they don't go 2 WRs, they'll grab 1 WR and a DB, preferably a safety

At least one trade

Why does everyone want someone who is 5'8 and got kicked out of school for failing too many drug tests and hasn't played football in a year?

I don't buy the "he's a playmaker" bullsh-t and I don't want him near my team. Let the Bengals or Rams draft him.

He forces fumbles, gets to the QB and can make the interception. Call that a playmaker or not, it's a legitimate reason for being interested in the kid.

.....I don't think it is unreasonable to use a 3rd rounder on a guy who will allow you to do the same things as Ahern in case of injury or even just for gametime substitution....I

Its not unreasonable if:

A) You have absolutely no starters that could be improved
B) You have every one of those starters signed long term (or that you plan to sign long term)

You need to assure those two things before you spend significant resources on backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back