PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Round 2: Celtics/Magic series discussion

Does anybody think we have a chance in game 7?

Wha??????
Shouldn't the question be, does anyone think the Magic have a chance in game 7?
In the last game At Orlando, Allan played bad, Big Baby played dumb, and the Celtics threw the ball away, and did not play that well in general.
Home at the Garden, game 7, Paul Pierce, Ray Allan, Rondo, Perkins. Been there done that, it will be an upset if they lose.

Wha??????
Shouldn't the question be, does anyone think the Magic have a chance in game 7?
In the last game At Orlando, Allan played bad, Big Baby played dumb, and the Celtics threw the ball away, and did not play that well in general.
Home at the Garden, game 7, Paul Pierce, Ray Allan, Rondo, Perkins. Been there done that, it will be an upset if they lose.

I always thought we could win, its just that these so called "analyists" have picked the Magic to win 9 times out of 10.

Sad end to a reasonable season. The loss of KG was simply to much to cover, and teams seemed to be able to score points in quick succession against us.

Well done Celtics and here's hoping to strengthening our roster over the off-season.

Red Sox and Pats country for me now!

Damn it, makes that last lost even tougher....very characteristic of us to blow it in the end like we did in game six.

Magic played better the entire game here, unlike last time. Man, went into the fourth down by 5 and in what feel like a flash, the game suddenly became a blowout.

Hope its a Denver , Orlando final

Bye bye Celtics; no Garnett, no shot.

Just as well, the Cadavers would have smoked them 4-0, 4-1, so they're better off in the end.

Next year will be the last year of "The Big Three" as Allen is up after 2010 and there's no way they resign him, especially with a strong free agent class in the making..........

Paul Pierce passing the ball off was a sad sight to see ... his tank is empty. There was no leadership tonight as Pierce and Allen were tanked. On the bright side Rondo and Baby have become players. Hopefully next year brings no major injuries for the now Big-4.

And it has ended. No chance for a chip without KG anyway.

Bummer. I really thought we'd come out stronger last night. Ray Allen finally started hitting shots. Just couldn't get everyone shooting decent and couldn't slow down Orlando. Oh well, always next year :D

I'm not extremely saddened by this, because we will be back next year. I feel that we need to focus on resigning Big Baby and possibly Stephon to be the best we can next season

I'm not extremely saddened by this, because we will be back next year. I feel that we need to focus on resigning Big Baby and possibly Stephon to be the best we can next season

What does their cap number look like, from what i remember not good. Hopefully im wrong but i think big baby just upped his worth a whole lot in these playoffs and might of wrote his ticket out of town simply because they will not have enough to get him signed long term cap wise.

i dont care who they sign or dont sign. just give me a freakin healthy team next year and ill be happy.

I have to agree with those who note that the Celts were dead tired - and certainly didn't "give up" or quit.

The truth was that with the Magic hitting so many 3 pointers the defense was that much more extended - opening things up inside and forcing an already tired team to work that much harder to defend them... well beyond their energy level.

I know Pierce and others played a lot of minutes last season too, but they had to play much harder with Garnett out... it wasn't only about minutes played.

I'd say they did about what I thought they would... given the injuries they may have exceeded my expectations.

A good season overall.

Props to the Celts. You guys will be back next season. Personally, I think the championship is going to be Denver vs. Cleveland. I think the Nuggets can take the Lakers in 7. The championship is going to LeBron this year though. There's no doubt about that.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back