PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Round 2: Celtics/Magic series discussion

Big Baby has stepped up in the playoffs without us having KG, he is really maturing fast. But bad news about Perkins hurting that left shoulder again, lets hope he is okay to play

Last edited:
Big Baby has stepped up in the playoffs without us having KG, he is really maturing fast. But bad news about Perkins hurting that left shoulder again, lets hope he is okay to play

If they lose Perkins i dont know what they will do with no one to replace him, if Kg is thinking at all of returning now is the time, get a shot in that knee put on a brace and give 5-10 minutes a night. Just having a another body to put in would be enough at this point, if he happens to make a basket it would be a plus. If they manage to get out of this series alive i dont know what the hell they will do against cleavland, Lebron will have Perk and Baby in foul trouble within the first half of the game with the way these refs make calls.

lewis is overrated. turkoglu is better and is the real go to guy in the 4th quarter. turkoglu can create his own shot, pass, and play much better defense then that loser rashard lewis. lewis will be a non factor but turkoglu is a very good player and we will need pierce to guard him.

Still sticking to this statement? lol

Magic have nobody to blame but themselves there for leaving him wide open!

From the picture of the shot, sure looked like Superman's hand was close to blocking it. Even so, you can't blame the Magic as I'm sure they were doubling PP. Pick your poison. Don't double Pierce, don't leave Allen alone.
"What If".........Garnett was healthy. This team would be hanging # 18 with no questions asked. Cleveland would be a tough series, but you would have Big Baby coming off the bench, a nice 6th man. During these playoffs, he's proved he could start for almost every team in the league. Something that couldn't be said for any of last year's subs.
In addition, Rondo has improved as much as he did last year. He has faults in his game, but the positives of his game dominate any flaws. Last year's finals, L.A. left him alone unguarded...................I'd like to see that this year.

If you listened to Van Gundy's press conference he said the defense executed that play perfectly, they wanted the ball out of Pierce's hands. He says it was his fault because he didn't draw up the right play. Also, Perk WILL PLAY! He says he will not miss a playoff game, good job of being tough Perk.

If you listened to Van Gundy's press conference he said the defense executed that play perfectly, they wanted the ball out of Pierce's hands. He says it was his fault because he didn't draw up the right play. Also, Perk WILL PLAY! He says he will not miss a playoff game, good job of being tough Perk.

If Perk didn't play it would be time to pack it in

Today's game is a HUGE game for us we want to go ahead and take the lead for the series.

After the big win the other night, and a good game by Pierce, I think they'll step it up a notch and take the lead tonight. Can't wait, should be a good game.

Just read today's article in the Herald on Rondo. The guy is .5 a rebound away from averaging a triple double for the entire playoffs. Heard an announcer the other night who (I believe) said, the only Celtic who ever averaged a triple double for a series was Larry.

From the picture of the shot, sure looked like Superman's hand was close to blocking it. Even so, you can't blame the Magic as I'm sure they were doubling PP. Pick your poison. Don't double Pierce, don't leave Allen alone.

He got close but was at least six to ten feet away from anyone when he took the shot...his hand was in his face when the ball was almost in the net. He was wide open with a decent angle, little doubt he wouldn't have made it.

He got close but was at least six to ten feet away from anyone when he took the shot...his hand was in his face when the ball was almost in the net. He was wide open with a decent angle, little doubt he wouldn't have made it.
Until the day I am buried, cremated or stuffed (choice #1), I will never understand how the Celtics won that game. But they did.

Its unbelievable. The C's just keep fighting. People keep stepping up huge at the right moment. Tonight it was Steph in the 4th quarter.

Last edited:
Closing out the game on 17-3 run, awesome.

One game away from the Eastern Conference finals, amazing.

Well, I thought we'd win this series in 5 games...I was wrong.
I thought the Celtics would kill Orlando tonight...I was wrong.
LOL
Glad I don't gamble. They sure keep you on the edge of your seat, helluva win and nice to see Steph finally come through with some much needed points. He got hot at the perfect time.

If Stephon hadn't hit his 12 points in the 4th, we would have never had the run. He sparked the whole team playing better.

I agree with the Steph comments. I really hope that he likes it as much in Boston as he says he does and will take a pay cut to stay around another couple of years as the backup PG/SG. If he can continue to play at a high level he is a hell of a player to have coming off the bench. Let's go Celts and end this thing on the Magic's home floor.

Great comeback for Boston and a hell of a choke job by Orlando.:D

Btw, Marbury isn't coming back.

I swear, Rondo is a little ninja in there. Dude just appears and all of a sudden he has the rebound

Last edited:
Does anybody think we have a chance in game 7?

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back