PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Round 1: Celtics/Bulls series discussion

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Let's start things off.

ATTN: No pessimistic posts of absolute hopelessness minus KG. If you feel that way don't watch the playoffs.

Tough loss. Pierce makes 1 of 2 free throws to tie the game and send it to OT instead of winning it in regulation. Allen couldn't knock anything down and really cost them the game. Rondo and Rose were awesome.

Yup, just about sums up everything I was going to mention.

the playoffs this year are a huge let down. first tom brady now KG. injuries have really done a number on the boston teams lately. from back to back title dreams to thud.:(:(:(. i will keep watching and close my eyes and ears and stick my head in the sand and tell myself the celtics are going all the way. happy disco? lets just all pretend everything is just great . lets be positive lmao. sorry im not going there. im just devastated and totally bummed out about my beloved green teams current championship chances. if you dont like my pessimistic post. dont read it. i tell it like it is.

Last edited:
Continue devoting hours of your time angrily following a team you feel has absolutely no shot at advancing.

I'll take a more positive game-to-game attitude and just enjoy the Celtics being in the playoffs, instead of drowning in sorrow over the absence of KG the entire series.

He's gone, it sucks. Obviously our chances of advancing in the playoffs let alone the first round are ridiculously impacted. I'll keep my head up and root for what we have instead of continually complaining about what's gone.

Continue devoting hours of your time angrily following a team you feel has absolutely no shot at advancing.

I'll take a more positive game-to-game attitude and just enjoy the Celtics being in the playoffs, instead of drowning in sorrow over the absence of KG the entire series.

He's gone, it sucks. Obviously our chances of advancing in the playoffs let alone the first round are ridiculously impacted. I'll keep my head up and root for what we have instead of continually complaining about what's gone.
im happy for you. i will continue to slam my head against the wall while crying out why why why? why couldn't kg be playing? why did he get hurt? i will continue to be angry and depressed as i watch the inevitable outcome. a series loss to the cavs. i will be negative to the bitter end . watching each game with my Prozac and beer with my mental health professional on speed dial. you cant put lip stick on a pig.

Last edited:
Bulls baby, D Rose unstoppable.

Bulls baby, D Rose unstoppable.

Don't you mean was unstoppable? He had a great game, hopefully, your not anointing him as the second coming. What does he do in his second game?

The word now is KG will have surgery; why wasn't this addressed sooner? Granted not knowing the extent of the injury and how involved the surgery will be, perhaps if this was addressed sooner, he'd be able to play later on in the playoffs.

Then again, maybe they thought rest would do the trick (fingers crossed and avoid surgery until after the season).

It's one thing to lose fully armed, but to lose with one hand tied behind your back leaves you feeling empty.

Injuries are part of the game and all that, but it still sucks.

Sorry for the negativity, but that game was painful to watch as the baby bulls had their way underneath with continual drives to the basket which would not have happened if KG was in there.

i do not see the point in creating a post, and then dictating what people can say.

anyway, there is no way that the Bulls are a better team. The Celtics didnot play with much emotion minus Eddie House. Rondo was fantastic in this game. PP needs to take the ball to the hoop as no one on that team can stop him. WTF Ray Allen? I have never liked Perkins and i think he sucks. He is still *****es at the ref on EVERY play and it takes his focus off the game. He was complaining to the ref and the Bulls pushed the ball up the floorright by him for an uncontested lay up. inexcusable IMO. Big Baby has really stepped up so i see no reason why Perkins cant do the same.

Not to worry, there is no way we should/will lose this series. It is like the Atlanta series last year. We will win but thay are not just going to roll over...young teams dont know any better.

The word now is KG will have surgery; why wasn't this addressed sooner? Granted not knowing the extent of the injury and how involved the surgery will be, perhaps if this was addressed sooner, he'd be able to play later on in the playoffs.

Then again, maybe they thought rest would do the trick (fingers crossed and avoid surgery until after the season).

It's one thing to lose fully armed, but to lose with one hand tied behind your back leaves you feeling empty.

Injuries are part of the game and all that, but it still sucks.

Sorry for the negativity, but that game was painful to watch as the baby bulls had their way underneath with continual drives to the basket which would not have happened if KG was in there.

The article I read was that this surgery is not related to his current problem, the knee. Do you know if they are operating on his knee?

"The article I read was that this surgery is not related to his current problem, the knee. Do you know if they are operating on his knee?"

To be honest, I think I heard it on either channel 4 or 7 sports last night, that he was going to have surgery on the knee. You may be correct in that I had heard there is a/are bone spur(s) that need to be addressed in addition to the knee injury............

the injuries are mind blowing.
kg
brady
last years sox
beckett
lowel
ortiz
. not just injuries but injuries that ruin the entire year. im f-ckin fed up.:mad:

the injuries are mind blowing.
kg
brady
last years sox
beckett
lowel
ortiz
. not just injuries but injuries that ruin the entire year. im f-ckin fed up.:mad:

You forgot Manny, oh wait, he made those up.

32 point lead with 9:30 remaining.

Celtics doing something they couldn't do until the conference finals last year, win on the road.

Wow - dunno if the Bulls suddenly ate the cheese(they looked pretty greedy in gm 2), but the Celtics have looked awfully impressive since the gm 1 loss.

Great team effort. The Celts have a lot more depth than the Bulls. It was fun to watch Rondo kick the Rookie of-the Year's a**. Big Baby is becoming a a man. And Marbury is shaking off the cobwebs at the right time. He's like Moss-give him a chance to redeem himself, and he makes the naysayers look foolish.

Is it over? We'll know after game 4 Sunday, which should be a lot closer.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back