Welcome to PatsFans.com

Roughing the Passer calls

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by juny, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juny

juny Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Refs playing favorites? C'mon, Vick - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

This link shows that Vick is wrong statistically. Also of note, is that Brady is near the bottom of the list, so now I can tell other teams fans to shut up if they think Brady/Manning get preferential treatment.

I live in Raven country and it is so annoying to hear that Brady gets all the calls .. blah blah blah. Those fans are almost as bad as Jets fans.
  2. vuudu

vuudu Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Talking about this call, can someone get a video of the call they made on Love against the Bill? I thought it was a perfect play.
  3. Gumby

Gumby Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

funny; I don't remember our D guys getting that one step. They seem to get flags when they are anywhere near the qb w/ the ball.
  4. oldskool138

oldskool138 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

The Bill? Belichick? :confused:
  5. Seacoast Fan

Seacoast Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0

#75 Jersey

interesting article and stats, but it only goes so far.
    What that list doesn't take in to account, so far as I can tell, is the quickness with which a QB gets rid of the ball. My guess is that Brady and Manning are way down ion the list because they are great at seeing (or, sensing) pressure and they get rid of the ball so quickly.
    If the article was, RTP calls per the # of times the QB is hit, as opposed to RTP calls per passing atempts, then that might show a bit better whether some QBS get the calls more often.
    I think it is wrong to say the top QBs get the RTP call more often, and the list seems to support that to a certain degree, but I don't think the list ends the debate.
    Also interesting the article talks about how you can't hit the QB in the knees while rushing in the pocket, and of course there was that horrendous hit on Brady two weeks ago...with no call.
  6. Seacoast Fan

Seacoast Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0

#75 Jersey

I only saw the replay once during the TV broadcast, and it sure looked good to me. The announcer said ( I believe) that he was flagged for hands to the face but the replay didn't show that. The only thing I could figure was, maybe Love pile-drove him into the ground.
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  7. Sfpat

Sfpat Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -0

#80 Jersey

Unfortunately, many times the refs are calling what they thought they saw, not what actually happened. There should be guidance where, if there is any doubt, then it is no penalty.
  8. juny

juny Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Yeah it was a bad no call but the league corrected itself by fining Garay.

Source: Ninkovich gets $15K fine - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

So far no fine for Love, so the league, indirectly, is saying they screwed up on Love.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.