PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rough year no bad thing for Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulThePat

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Yep it sucks that we’re just plain ordinary this season. Yes it hurts when we stink the joint out. But hey that’s sport and don’t forget we’re still in with a chance at the play-offs and not many people would have thought that after 5 minutes of the season. Wading through all the posters on here wanting to chuck coaches and players under the nearest bus has me thinking something which I’ll probably get flamed for…is this season the best thing which could happen to us ? By this I mean:

• A year out for Brady now may extend his career. He will also come back hungrier than before knowing there is still unfinished business from Feb 08 :(
• Fans get the chance to watch a team which like most others in the league has good days, bad days and downright horrible days. Time for some of the bandwagoners to get some humility and learn what being a real fan is all about.
• Coaches see the real problem areas of the team without the efforts of Tom Brady to mask them
• Young players getting crucial game time. Yes they’ll make mistakes but better to do that now than next year
• Matt Cassel. If he stays or goes it’s been good to see his development

I actually think this season may extend our title chances for another 2 or 3 years. Could be wrong but I like to look for positives and for me there are plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes