PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rough stretch of announcers for us Pats fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drove me nuts last night they would not say where on the field they were. I couldn't tell as snow covered the field and they never bothered to say since they are used to viewers being able to see.

I really like Nantz/Simms.. after that my patience grows thin... Tirico is ok, but Gruden is like fingernails on the chalkboard...cannot deal with him. Buck/Aikman are marinal..

Announcing is going pretty much the same way as officiating.. they could certainly do better. This group are considered the "A" teams..

Thank god no Kevin Harland, the worse of the worse..

Collinsworth, unlike the last several times he's done Pats games going all the way back to the SuperBowl vs Seattle, was somewhat tolerable last night. Even though you could kind of tell he was hiding his excitement for when the Broncos scored/hit big plays.

I like Tirico/Gruden. Also Greg Gumbel is great.

Ian Eagle/Dan Fouts are slowly growing on me. At first, I couldn't understand how they had a job at this level due to how many mistakes they used to make.

I like Nantz but in my opinion Doc Emrick is best play by play guy.

Emrick is great, but does he do another sport other than hockey?

That's why I love Nantz, hes the voice of all of CBS sporting events. He's going to do the Super Bowl, NCAA Tourny, and Masters all in one year.

Not only that, but it seems he's always the voice of some of the biggest Pats games in history.

To me I wish every Pats game were in CBS or NBC. I hate FOX and ESPN.

Emrick is great, but does he do another sport other than hockey?

That's why I love Nantz, hes the voice of all of CBS sporting events. He's going to do the Super Bowl, NCAA Tourny, and Masters all in one year.

Not only that, but it seems he's always the voice of some of the biggest Pats games in history.

To me I wish every Pats game were in CBS or NBC. I hate FOX and ESPN.

Not anymore he is all hockey except during Summer Game years and does Olympics for NBC.

But when he was with CBS he did NFL,NCAA FB and BB.

I wish Gil and Gino were still doing the games, so that just turning on the radio was an option. Sorry but I just can't deal with Zolak.

I like Gruden, but Ian Eagle is the best. I'm biased, as a Nets fan who's listened to him and Mike Fratello just own the mic for years, but if they could just clone Eagle and Gruden and have that as the team for every single game...

Why would anyone listen to anyone but Zo?

Homerland is awesome...especially while drinking

Rough stretch of announcers for us Pats fans

Just saw that Buck and Aikman are calling the game next week and now with the Pats flexed to SNF for the Texans, this is the stretch we've seen over the last month

Nantz/Simms
Tirico/Gruden
Michaels/Collinswoth
Buck/Aikman
Michaels/Collinsworth

Gruden is the most neutral of that lot.. i don't mind him as much, he seems to at least give credit where its due.. Collinsworth and Michaels is almost unbearable now.. last night, they couldn't even keep their emotions neutral.. they were blatantly cheering on the Broncos and were super excited every time they made a play.. and their tone completely changed when the Pats did something positive and you could hear the disdain in their voice.

Broadcasters of a nationally televised game should be completely unbias and neutral.. it just adds to the frustration levels of what is going on in the game

Why would anyone listen to anyone but Zo?

Homerland is awesome...especially while drinking
The best home announcers i have listened to are the raider ones here in the bay area. Yes they are homes but Greg Papa is one of the best in the business calling out football plays. Really good to listen to.

Simms/Nantz and Collinsworth/Michaels gives the Patriots a lot of credit, I don't know why people say they hate them.
Simms has never seen a marginal or non-existent penalty called against the pats that wasn't "absolutely the right call".

Collinsworth can be ok at times and just awful at others. I get the impression he doesn't like the Patriots but respects BB/Brady enough or is clever enough to mask/balance his hatred as to appear neutralish.

It's easy for me. I can't stand any of them.

Looks like aikman avoided having to come and do production meetings with brady after how he called him out during the offseason
Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 3h3 hours ago
Thom Brennaman (play-by-play), Charles Davis (analysis) and Tony Siragusa (sideline) will call Patriots-Eagles on Sunday (Fox, 4:25 p.m. ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes