PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rotoworld MocK: OL, DE for the Pats in Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much 0% chance that Pats will draft with ALL 8 picks in first 5 rd's. Also next to 0% chance we use both #1 picks. Either #17 or #28 will be spun off into 2012 pick(s)

At max there are 4 spots for rookies on this team, plus 2-3 FA's.

I agree, that we are trading either #17 or #28. However I think there are more than 4 spots for rookies on this team.

There may be only 4 rookies that contribute next season, but I think way more than 4 rookies make the team.

I agree, that we are trading either #17 or #28. However I think there are more than 4 spots for rookies on this team.

There may be only 4 rookies that contribute next season, but I think way more than 4 rookies make the team.

2009 draft.....8 players on team
2010 draft.....8 players on team, plus FA Woodhead

Here's the depth chart....

New England Patriots Unofficial Depth Chart

I see spots at RB, OL, and DL, and LB to be filled via draft or FA. Which is why me thinks DB or DL in 1 or 2, and mid Round OL in 3 and RB in 4. Remaining 1, 2, 3 will be traded....trade #33 for next yr #1, Minny #3 for #2 next yr. Coup would be Trade back our #28 back to Al for their 2012 #1:singing:

I have a feeling they may opt to trade out of this draft quite a bit, especially the youth on the team. Don't think they expected the '09 and '10 draft classes to perform at this level this quickly. Roster spots are pretty full and no point high picks to ride the bench

So you think guys like Ohrenberger, Deaderick, Pryor, Price, Love, Sergio Brown, and Fletcher should just be given a roster spot without even having to compete for it?

So you think guys like Ohrenberger, Deaderick, Pryor, Price, Love, Sergio Brown, and Fletcher should just be given a roster spot without even having to compete for it?

Umm.. Price will compete for a spot and, in all honesty, the one game he played, he showed that he'll probably be one of the starting WRs next year.

Sergio Brown looked better at safety than Brandon McGowan ever did, but I'm sure that he'll be challenged for a spot. Especially with the likes of Barrett and Lockett around.

Deaderick will have an uphill battle with the return of Weston and Ty Warren from the IR. I think that Pryor has shown that he'll have a spot until he can't perform anymore.

WIlson is projecting as a 4-3 OLB and 3-4 ILB. I would how you understand the difference.

maybe where you read about him......I guess everything you read as well as all your conclusions are correct and everyone elses are wrong.

No. Just saying what I saw. And where he projects. Sorry if it flies in the face of your grand orgasmic schemes..

Woods isn't on the Roster and hasn't been for some time. Are you sure you follow the Patriots?? As for your assessments, that is BS. You can't know that unless they've played in the NFL.

he managed to find his way onto the roster for weeks 11 and 12 last year.....

But Woods isn't on the roster currently and you implied that he was.

whats with your rage and the need to try to demean others? you sound just as stupid as anyone else here. your assessments are just as much BS as anyone elses.

There is no rage. And no, I don't sound just as stupid as you and your comments you made in this thread. Do you know why? Because I don't make generalized statements that can't be backed up with fact. Now, if you take someone contradicting you and calling you out because you decided to talk out your arse as being demeaning, then so be it.

I've seen the current roster play in the NFL, and maybe outside of cunningham, none of these guys would have made the team 5 years ago.

So, you've seen the current roster play. So have I. So have many other people. That doesn't mean your assessment is correct. It's not. Why? Because 5 years ago, TBC was on this roster. And Ninkovich is better than Monty Beisel was.. And he's better than Matt Chatham or Don Davis. That doesn't matter. It's not 5 years ago. Tedy Bruschi and Rosie Colvin aren't coming through the Inflatable Helmet at the start of the season.

Can the OLB position be improved upon? Yep. Never said it couldn't. But, as I said, none of the ones you mentioned seem to be a clear upgrade over what is currently on the roster.

Here's the depth chart....

New England Patriots Unofficial Depth Chart

I see spots at RB, OL, and DL, and LB to be filled via draft or FA. Which is why me thinks DB or DL in 1 or 2, and mid Round OL in 3 and RB in 4. Remaining 1, 2, 3 will be traded....trade #33 for next yr #1, Minny #3 for #2 next yr. Coup would be Trade back our #28 back to Al for their 2012 #1:singing:

I have a feeling they may opt to trade out of this draft quite a bit, especially the youth on the team. Don't think they expected the '09 and '10 draft classes to perform at this level this quickly. Roster spots are pretty full and no point high picks to ride the bench

The Pats had 20 player on the roster last year who had less than 2 years experience. That doesn't include the likes of Sergio Brown, Tony Carter, Jake Ingram or Tyrone McKenzie.

To say that there are only 3 or 4 spots available is silly. Especially when there are 3 spots on the O-line and 3 more at RB. Plus OLB, DE, and potentially S.

While there is youth on the team, there are 53 roster spots and the league is looking at expanding it by 3-7 spots with the new 18 game schedule that will be a part of the new CBA. And there is talk of 2 more PS players as well.

So, there could easily be 20+ roster spots available.

Your posts reek of rage. And you are just as wrong and just as stupid as any typical poster on any message board. The only difference is your insistence to claim to be smarter. You're not,that's for sure.

Hey......you are entitled to your own opinion. And you can try to claim that others are so wrong. Just makes you sound insecure

No. Just saying what I saw. And where he projects. Sorry if it flies in the face of your grand orgasmic schemes..

But Woods isn't on the roster currently and you implied that he was.

There is no rage. And no, I don't sound just as stupid as you and your comments you made in this thread. Do you know why? Because I don't make generalized statements that can't be backed up with fact. Now, if you take someone contradicting you and calling you out because you decided to talk out your arse as being demeaning, then so be it.

So, you've seen the current roster play. So have I. So have many other people. That doesn't mean your assessment is correct. It's not. Why? Because 5 years ago, TBC was on this roster. And Ninkovich is better than Monty Beisel was.. And he's better than Matt Chatham or Don Davis. That doesn't matter. It's not 5 years ago. Tedy Bruschi and Rosie Colvin aren't coming through the Inflatable Helmet at the start of the season.

Can the OLB position be improved upon? Yep. Never said it couldn't. But, as I said, none of the ones you mentioned seem to be a clear upgrade over what is currently on the roster.

I think the more competition for a roster spot, the better you make your team. I also think that BB loves the competition as well. I really think he would love to have 5 or 6 brutally difficult cut down decisions every year at the end of TC.

I wonder if last year, he didn't bungle keeping Orhnsberger or Wendell over Larsen?

I think the more competition for a roster spot, the better you make your team. I also think that BB loves the competition as well. I really think he would love to have 5 or 6 brutally difficult cut down decisions every year at the end of TC.

I wonder if last year, he didn't bungle keeping Orhnsberger or Wendell over Larsen?

Larsen starting at LG for the Buccs is evident only that their O-line was in a huge flaming ball of sh*t. He actually started at Center but was so bad, they switched him with Jeff Faine. He didn't get much better at LG.

Good for Ted, I'm glad he's playing and wouldn't have minded had he stayed, but if I'm Bill I make that decision every time.

Last edited:
Larsen starting at LG for the Buccs is evident only that their O-line was in a huge flaming ball of sh*t. He actually started at Center but was so bad, they switched him with Jeff Faine. He didn't get much better at LG.

Good for Ted, I'm glad he's playing and wouldn't have minded had he stayed, but if I'm Bill I make that decision every time.

Could be, I was impressed with Wendell in the one game he played. I still have no clue why Orhnsberger is on the roster?

Could be, I was impressed with Wendell in the one game he played. I still have no clue why Orhnsberger is on the roster?

I'd pretty much agree with BritPat about the Bucs' line. Part of the reason things were bad was a series of injuries that forced them to start Larsen in the first place. Actually, considering the state of their line for most of the season, Blount's rushing accomplishments might be viewed as even more impressive than his stats.

In any case, I can't imagine the Pats have been losing a lot of sleep over the loss of 6th-rounder Larsen or 7th-rounder Welch since replacements Austin and Maneri seemed to get a few P/S awards.

[Sidebar: Maneri was claimed off waivers at 6'6"/275. Which is longer odds - that he shows at camp weighing 265-275 and plays TE, or shows up weighing 300-310 and playing tackle?]

WRT Ohrnberger - who knows? How long was Connolly hanging around, looking like merely a JAG treading water in a roster spot? Not saying he was by any means elite when pressed into duty, but he was surprisingly serviceable for the most part. Even Wendell didn't seem too awful. Either Wendell or Ohrnberger could turn out to be the already-in-place heir to Koppen's spot or be shown the door at the end of camp in favor of a new guy. I've never been able to tell about the Pats reserve O-line guys one way or the other.

[Sidebar: Maneri was claimed off waivers at 6'6"/275. Which is longer odds - that he shows at camp weighing 265-275 and plays TE, or shows up weighing 300-310 and playing tackle?]

This is incorrect information. Maneri was at 290 when he was claimed off of waivers by the Patriots. 290 is the weight he was at when he entered the Texans camp.

It should also be noted that 290 is the weight the Pats site has him listed at.

DW pulling sh!t out of his arse again.

Please show me where you get that Sherrod is a "FINESSE" OT?

Come on Jack. You watched the Senior Bowl practices!!!
It was specifically brought up in the telecast by (Mayock?). I am not going to do your work for you again. Find a tape of the Sherrod practices and hear what they said.

FINESSE Jack. I didn't say it they did. Jan. 26th Bleacher report:
Mississippi State's Derek Sherrod may be the most fluid athlete of all the Senior Bowl offensive tackle prospects. He has the foot quickness to handle speed and get to the second level on sweeps. The knock on Sherrod is the label of a finesse player, which may drop him below the other three Senior Bowl standout tackles.
Now get off your "arse" and look these things up yourself.

There... done, backed and stated.
DW Toys

Last edited:
Umm.. Price will compete for a spot and, in all honesty, the one game he played, he showed that he'll probably be one of the starting WRs next year.

Sergio Brown looked better at safety than Brandon McGowan ever did, but I'm sure that he'll be challenged for a spot. Especially with the likes of Barrett and Lockett around.

Deaderick will have an uphill battle with the return of Weston and Ty Warren from the IR. I think that Pryor has shown that he'll have a spot until he can't perform anymore.

Now you are talking out, as you so eloquently put it, "your arse" about McGowan because your binky is Sanders. I think McGowan looked good and I believe started more games in 2009 than Sanders. He faded but in my humble opinion, Sanders is not Ronnie Lott yet.

Wasn't McGowan still third on the 2009 Team in tackles? He might have been our best defensive player in the beginning of 2009.

DW Toys

Last edited:
This is incorrect information. Maneri was at 290 when he was claimed off of waivers by the Patriots. 290 is the weight he was at when he entered the Texans camp.

It should also be noted that 290 is the weight the Pats site has him listed at.

I'm pretty sure that's what Reiss reported (the 275#) when he was signed by the Pats. He officially measured 6071/265 at his Pro Day on 3/18/10. Assuming the Texans' camp started at the end of July, that's a bit over four months to pack on 25 lbs. Not unreasonable, especially if he'd been keeping his weight down in order to play TE.

Last edited:
Now you are talking out, as you so eloquently put it, "your arse" about McGowan because your binky is Sanders. I think McGowan looked good and I believe started more games in 2009 than Sanders. He faded but in my humble opinion, Sanders is not Ronnie Lott yet.

Wasn't McGowan still third on the 2009 Team in tackles? He might have been our best defensive player in the beginning of 2009.

DW Toys

When we still had free access to PFF stats, I reviewed safety playing time and positional use across the games and I seem to recall that McGowan and Sanders were used somewhat interchangeably bit that Sanders was injured for a couple games. During that time, McGowan started a game at FS with Meriweather at SS with fairly poor results for pass coverage (and for run defense). I didn't find this particularly surprising.

I'm pretty sure that's what Reiss reported (the 275#) when he was signed by the Pats. He officially measured 6071/265 at his Pro Day on 3/18/10. Assuming the Texans' camp started at the end of July, that's a bit over four months to pack on 25 lbs. Not unreasonable, especially if he'd been keeping his weight down in order to play TE.

I know what he was at for the combine and his pro-day. I also know that he put on weight before he reported to the Texans. And I also know that Maneri was 290 when he was claimed by the Pats. He and his agent made a big deal about having put the weight on.

DW Toys

Number of tackles, by itself, is not a gauge of anything. In fact, it's a very over-blown stat since it's been proven that there there are more recorded tackles than there are defensive plays. Anywhere from 50 to 100% more.

Sanders isn't my binky. What he is is someone that you hate and have been proven wrong about by numerous people. Myself included. And you'll not find a single place where I have even remotely compared Sanders to Ronnie Lott.

The reality is that McGowan wasn't that good, especially in pass coverage and it's why he ended up riding the bench at the end of last year. And he wasn't missed this year.

Sanders isn't my binky. What he is is someone that you hate and have been proven wrong about by numerous people. Myself included.

I'm sorry, but the only person who "proved" anything about James Sanders was Sanders himself. He had the best year of his career this year. And that's great. I think those who bashed him should admit it. That said, he's still the #3 safety on this team - which is a perfect role for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back