PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rothlesberger's 25 QB rating gets him a $500,000 bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06042/653952.stm

ok technically he gets it for "winning" the SB - not the 25 QB rating per se.

But come on! I could probably get a 25 QB rating! That's like the SAT equivilent of writing your name on the sheet and handing it in!

And you gotta wonder what his QB rating would be without the "phantom touchdown"!

Actually it was 22.6,give credit where credit is due.

Last edited:
JoeSixPat said:

But come on! I could probably get a 25 QB rating! That's like the SAT equivilent of writing your name on the sheet and handing it in!

And you gotta wonder what his QB rating would be without the "phantom touchdown"!

Actually, you can get a zero, but I don't think the QB rating can go negative.

Who cares about the rating?!?!?! Fact is he is a 23 year old QB that got his team to the AFC Championship game in his first two years.

He won 3 road games to get to the SB and won it. In the end, that is all anyone will or should remember.

The Steelers beat the 1st, 2nd and 3rd seeds and then beat the best team in the NFC. Enough with the crap about his rating already.

Worst team ever to win the Super Bowl hands down. Randel El was more valuable to the Steelers in that Super Bowl.

That has to be a record also. Worst QB performance ever in the big game.

JoeSixPat said:

What we call "QB rating" should, technically, be called "passer rating"--as it depends only on passing statistics. So, the "phantom" TD doesn't affect the rating either way.

And, no, QB rating can't be negative (nor can the score for any of its four components).

MrTibbs said:
Worst team ever to win the Super Bowl hands down. Randel El was more valuable to the Steelers in that Super Bowl.

That has to be a record also. Worst QB performance ever in the big game.

As the "Fanfrom1960", I have watched all 40, or all XL super bowls, and, as I've already posted since the game, this was the worst super bowl ever with regard to quality of play and quality of officiating. There have been lots of "worse games" because there have been so many blowouts, one of which N.E. was in (vs. Bears, UGH). You're right though, the Steelers put up maybe the worst performance ever while still winning the Super Bowl. The other contender was the mistake riddled SB V, Baltimore Colts over Dallas.

Drewwho said:
Enough with the crap about his rating already.
So what can we discuss? Is it okay to say that Tony Eason had a crappy game in '85? Can we say that Brad Johnson wasn't the main reason the Bucs won?

Or is it just the latest SB we can't dicsuss? Or the Steelers we can't discuss? Or Rothliesberger? Or what?

Please set out some rules for us so we will know what we cannot discuss in this discussion forum.

And yet, Ben's 101 passer rating for the playoffs leads all playoff QBs by 10-15 points. How you like dem apples? Better than your sour grapes and whine.

PITTSBURGH STEELERS - 5 TIME SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS

ClosingTime said:
And yet, Ben's 101 passer rating for the playoffs leads all playoff QBs by 10-15 points.

According to the article, he doesn't get a bonus for the playoffs.

He just gets a bonus for his "outstanding performance in the greatest Super Bowl of all time."

If it's in his contract,then what's the problem? He was a big part of the Steelers getting to and being able not to lose the SB.

He did make that game saving tackle against the Colts and that does not show up on QB ratings.

PATSNUTme said:
If it's in his contract,then what's the problem?

Just the irony of the whole situation.

I'm guessing that such a bonus was intended to be a reward for playing well in the Super Bowl - not for the grand achievement of a 22.5 QB rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back