PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rotating personnel vs playing to win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzFritz

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
did you notice that BB was giving wright, green, and even marquise hill reps yesterday? no wonder we were softer than usual on the run.

do you think this is a conscious approach BB uses -- in certain games, using the sbus to get them ready for the post season by playing them in pressure situations? just seems to me if you wanted the best chance to win, you'd play seymour every down

BlitzFritz said:
did you notice that BB was giving wright, green, and even marquise hill reps yesterday? no wonder we were softer than usual on the run.

do you think this is a conscious approach BB uses -- in certain games, using the sbus to get them ready for the post season by playing them in pressure situations? just seems to me if you wanted the best chance to win, you'd play seymour every down
we dont know what the problem was with seymour so its difficult to make a judgement being on the outside... but its hard to believe the theory the pats were not playing to win...one loss and we are calling the team all kinds of things...

BB isn't one to do something just for squeaks and gigs. Seymour is playing injured, and maybe that has something to do with him not playing the whole game - clearly the coaching staff must have felt that in his injured state he wasn't completely effective, and I'd have to agree.

As for other rotations - when they went with a primarily one receiver set (Jackson) and ran right over the Jets in the 2nd quarter, that was quite effective. Jackson is a better blocker than I had anticipated - I suppose blocking is mostly just effort and obviously as a rookie he wants to prove himself.

Again, they aren't just doing these things for the heck of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes