PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roster Shuffle: Ventrone Out Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ross Ventrone Status: Released

Looks like Coach Belichick has gas, again.

"Feeling a little out of sorts today, Coach?"

"Yes I am, Mr. Kraft. I think I'll cut a Ventrone. Yesterday I cut a Gronkowski and it made me feel terrific."

"Cutting a Gronk" or "Venting"??????

Yeah, I could see those entering the vernacular as new verbs for that.

Last edited:

Does anyone know?

Does this cutting and re-signing actually work to a player's benefit (cap and salary wise)?

Can they pay him signing bonuses or something that are trivial compared to the cap and dont bump him up into the cap equation; but are still a pay raise for Ventrone?

Or is he just keeping the same contract and pay and it is just his status that changes active squad - PS - limbo?

Roster Shuffle: Ventrone Out Again
By: Derek Havens

On Tuesday night the New England Patriots released safety Ross Ventrone only one day after he was promoted to the 53-man roster. ...

Anyone else here see that interview with Ventrone on "Everything Patriots" last Sunday? What a goofy kid. He comes across like the stereotypical stoner/skateboarder/surfer type. I'll bet he doesn't even mind being bounced on and off the roster.

Anyone else here see that interview with Ventrone on "Everything Patriots" last Sunday? What a goofy kid. He comes across like the stereotypical stoner/skateboarder/surfer type. I'll bet he doesn't even mind being bounced on and off the roster.

I wouldn't mind being bounced on and off the roster of the New England Patriots. Because that would mean that sometimes, I'm a player on one of the best teams in the freaking National Football League.

If I could make $96,900 to get bounced around like that I would.

I wonder what his pay raise was once he was put on the active roster for the game against the Chiefs.

I think thats 18 transactions for the year!

It has to be the hair!!!!

Is he using that same shampoo that Troy Polamalu uses?

BTW he has one tackle or one less than Julian Edleman has this season.

He still plays ahead of Sergio Brown!

Stick that post and just bump it every week.

If I could make $96,900 to get bounced around like that I would.

I wonder what his pay raise was once he was put on the active roster for the game against the Chiefs.

I believe he gets 1/17 of the rookie salary of $375K or $22,058, versus $5,700 for the PS.

God I love the game BB plays anyone know hte PS rules and how long he can do this for it's just pure entertainment

Ventrone was released for perhaps the most unknown player that has been on the Pats roster this year, OL Donald Thomas.

Patriots re-sign Donald Thomas - New England Patriots Blog - espnBoston

I'm guessing BB simply wanted an extra offensive lineman for practices this week due to the injuries to Light and Koppen, and maybe give Vollmer or Waters a few less reps too.

Last edited:

Yup - - that was great. That's why I referred to him as a Pauly Shore dude-type. At the end of the segment, I was waiting for him to pull out a skateboard and zip off the stage!

(activating "Ventrone-released" macro...again)

Farewell, Ventrone. I'll always remember your brother for that great tackle inside the 20 on the ensuing kickoff after the Pats took the late lead in SB42. Your brother was denied your place alongside JR Redmond, Randall Gay and others in the pantheon of "Auxiliary Heroes" in Pats Super Bowl lore.

Regards,
Chris

Just saw this on Don Banks' SI Power Rankings:

That was nice of New England, cutting safety Ross Ventrone Wednesday for something like the 47th time this season, allowing him to be home with his family in time for the Thanksgiving celebration. Such a caring, sensitive organization, the Patriots. What's that? New England just re-signed Ventrone because they needed enough bodies to practice Thursday morning? I'm sure Bill Belichick has his reasons.

What a douche. Yeah, the NFL is such a sensitive league and the Pats are the only team to ever make personnel decisions. Isn't there someone on the saintly Saints who's been cut and released more this year?

Just saw this on Don Banks' SI Power Rankings:

What a douche. Yeah, the NFL is such a sensitive league and the Pats are the only team to ever make personnel decisions. Isn't there someone on the saintly Saints who's been cut and released more this year?

I bet Ventrone's not complaining when hes cashing those NFL checks.

that time again.

Twitter

Patriots announce the release of safety Ross Ventrone. Also, announce that Cedric McKinley is released from practice squad.

Change "Waiver Wire" to the "Ventrone Wire"

A thread with a sticky would do.

There really should just be a site, maybe rossventronestatus.com that just reads "released," "active," or "practice squad."

I would like to say that this bodes well for Chung, but I've given up on that by now.

Smell ya later, Ross. Keep tweeting.

the roster roulette wheel lands on his number a lot. I wonder who they will add to the roster--maybe Carter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back