PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ross Tucker weighs in on Mankins Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
umm, no, because brady IS the leader u want on the team...
It's sure funny how an organization can play hard ball with everyone else but the franchise QB. They change their tune real quick.

Last edited:
=========================================

Point well made. Do you expect him to play for the Pats this year?

Good to hear from you Gunnails...you're the only jets poster who is classy(sorry, LDT) enough to come over and talk football on Saint Rev...err...I mean Labor Day.

I don't expect Mankins to play for the pats,this year....not because of any grudge,held by BB or Kraft,simply,because the pats are not going to be held hostage by any player.They move on....That's just what they do.

Besides,this offense the patriots have put together,is downright,scary.....without Mankins or a big-time running game.

After the way that Peyton attacked your middle defense in the AFCCG,aren't you a little worried about seeing Welker,Kevin Faulk,Gronkowski,et all?........maybe,just a smidgen?

Brodney Pool,Leonard,Dwight Lowery,Wilson?
......Good luck with THAT!,kiddo:rocker:

=================================================

I like a desperate Woody Johnson.:)

That's very honest of you. Thanks.

Living in NYC, it's pretty clear to me that the Jets were losing much of their fan base beyond the beer addled fools who think it's really cool to scream at women to strip at Halftime (present company excluded from that definition!). (The cynic in me believes that Johnson consciously tried to price tickets at the New Meadowlands out of the range of a lot of the more embarrassing elements of his fan base.)

I think the last straw was "The Super Bowl Whose Name is not Mentioned" when the Giants galvanized the sports world outside of Patriot Nation.

At that point, with the Dolans turning the Garden into a laughingstock, the Jets with a lone trip to the SB in 43 years and the Mutts only able to generate two Pennants and one title since 1973, it became clear that the sports world in New York revolved around the Yankees, Giants and the US Open. Even with all of the excitement generated by Rex, a new stadium and his go for broke approach to this season, Woody still had to deeply discount his PSA's to assure that he wasn't going to have to buy up thousands of tickets to avoid Blackouts at the beginning of the season.

So, yeah, he's desperate and probably not a little aware that Kraft turned a dormant doormat in a smaller media market into a billion dollar asset in a little over a decade. Of course, the fundamental difference between Johnson and Kraft is that Woody was born with a platinum spoon in his mouth and was looking around for something to do with his money and time, whereas Bob has worked for every cent he has.

Last edited:
Nope, not even apples and oranges with you anymore but you're so transparent I figured that would draw you out. Brady has never spent an entire off season persuing non team goals. He just spends a little more time at his off season home a decade in in deference to his oldest child's custodial situation these days than he did in the first decade. Ty always commuted to off season. He never won a parking spot. He dragged his feel on getting his degree or his hip fixed until he extracted all the guaranteed money out of his 2007 extension and then it became all about doing what was best for Ty Warren. They are not real happy with him as a result. Brady attended at least half of the voluntary workouts and all of the OTA's and helped rebab his slot receiver in his spare time and he's playing out the final season of his 2005 contract extension because playing football and winning and being part of this organization matters to him more than money and ego. That's why he will get his deal and everyone knows it. Some just resent it for some reason...

A similar approach might have worked for Mankins, although if he's as delusional about and fixated on his $$ value as some mediots project probably not...

Hmmmm.......

Leaders don't start worrying about and prioritizing with an eye toward their future in mid deal.

Brady has clearly done that. You can dress up your comments all you want. The reality is that you're full of beans on this.

umm, no, because brady IS the leader u want on the team...

I agree with you, but I'm not the one who was making the argument about priorities. Take it up with MoLewisRocks.

Last edited:
That's very honest of you. Thanks.

Living in NYC, it's pretty clear to me that the Jets were losing much of their fan base beyond the beer addled fools who think it's really cool to scream at women to strip at Halftime (present company excluded from that definition!). (The cynic in me believes that Johnson consciously tried to price tickets at the New Meadowlands out of the range of a lot of the more embarrassing elements of his fan base.)

I think the last straw was "The Super Bowl Whose Name is not Mentioned" when the Giants galvanized the sports world outside of Patriot Nation.

At that point, with the Dolans turning the Garden into a laughingstock, the Jets with a lone trip to the SB in 43 years and the Mutts only able to generate two Pennants and one title since 1973, it became clear that the sports world in New York revolved around the Yankees, Giants and the US Open. Even with all of the excitement generated by Rex, a new stadium and his go for broke approach to this season, Woody still had to deeply discount his PSA's to assure that he wasn't going to have to buy up thousands of tickets to avoid Blackouts at the beginning of the season.

So, yeah, he's desperate and probably not a little aware that Kraft turned a dormant doormat in a smaller media market into a billion dollar asset in a little over a decade. Of course, the fundamental difference between Johnson and Kraft is that Woody was born with a platinum spoon in his mouth and was looking around for something to do with his money and time, whereas Bob has worked for every cent he has.

==============================================

Well in fairness to Woody, he has also taken a doormat of a franchise into a billion dollar asset in a little less then a decade.

And the way I understand it is that Woody inherited a fortune which he has doubled through shrewd investments and good business moves. He is not some rich kid spending his inheritance frivolously, at least for the most part.

And as far a the Jets losing there fan base, you are closer to that situation then I, but I have not sensed that. The Jets are and have been 3rd fiddle to the Yanks and the Giants and i am sure that annoys him.

The whole unsold PSL's/tickets thing is simply a result of the bad economy.

Good to hear from you Gunnails...you're the only jets poster who is classy(sorry, LDT) enough to come over and talk football on Saint Rev...err...I mean Labor Day.

I don't expect Mankins to play for the pats,this year....not because of any grudge,held by BB or Kraft,simply,because the pats are not going to be held hostage by any player.They move on....That's just what they do.

Besides,this offense the patriots have put together,is downright,scary.....without Mankins or a big-time running game.

After the way that Peyton attacked your middle defense in the AFCCG,aren't you a little worried about seeing Welker,Kevin Faulk,Gronkowski,et all?........maybe,just a smidgen?

Brodney Pool,Leonard,Dwight Lowery,Wilson?
......Good luck with THAT!,kiddo:rocker:

====
=======================================

Thanks for the compliment. :)

Yes I am worried about those guys, I think the Pats O will be a juggernaut, the only thing that will stop that is poor play from the O line, or some kind of unstopable freaky D. IMHO.

I like how the Pats negotiate contracts, they do it how I would like to think I would.

Gunnails said:

Well in fairness to Woody, he has also taken a doormat of a franchise into a billion dollar asset in a little less then a decade.

And the way I understand it is that Woody inherited a fortune which he has doubled through shrewd investments and good business moves. He is not some rich kid spending his inheritance frivolously, at least for the most part.

And as far a the Jets losing there fan base, you are closer to that situation then I, but I have not sensed that. The Jets are and have been 3rd fiddle to the Yanks and the Giants and i am sure that annoys him.

The jets get ton of bad press for psls but they were honest about it. The giants lied about being sold out and were praised for it.

Also don't think for a second kraft wouldn't use psls if he needed to.

Foxboro cost less then 500 million to built. It's much different building a stadium in a rural area like foxboro then in north jersey. 1.6 billion for the new stadium is ridiculous, especially since there is nothing truly great about it except for getting rid of giants in the name.

Brady has clearly done that. You can dress up your comments all you want. The reality is that you're full of beans on this.

Exactly how has he done that Deus? Holding out? Missing camp? Hrm? Talking in the media about his contract?

Last I've checked, hes done none of those.

with all the ty law references in this thread how ironic that revis was actually training with law before he signed this contract ...?

====
=======================================

Thanks for the compliment. :)

Yes I am worried about those guys, I think the Pats O will be a juggernaut, the only thing that will stop that is poor play from the O line, or some kind of unstopable freaky D. IMHO.

I like how the Pats negotiate contracts, they do it how I would like to think I would.

Yikes!:eek:.....Gunnails,did you let MaineJet and jetfan19 out of the playpen because there was no school today?

Their diapers are full and they are rampaging on another thread!!!!!

HELP....HELP....HELP:violent::violent::violent:

Yikes!:eek:.....Gunnails,did you let MaineJet and jetfan19 out of the playpen because there was no school today?

Their diapers are full and they are rampaging on another thread!!!!!

HELP....HELP....HELP:violent::violent::violent:

===================================================

They are pretty much sticking with Jet related threads and representing there team, just having fun, enjoy them.

with all the ty law references in this thread how ironic that revis was actually training with law before he signed this contract ...?

Law and Revis are both Quips (Allipuippa, PA near Pittsburgh).
They've probably been training together for years and I do not think Ty said anything that made Revis change his outlook.

You should read up on Woody. Try Wikipeida if you're pressed for time. Team values are tied largely to league value which has grown exponentially over the last decade irrespective of team individual management or performance. That is widely credited to the talented makeup of the nine member NFL Finance Committee, which handles everything from signing off on expansion and ownership deals to negotiating the CBA and the record TV deals that have fueled cap growth, and has been chaired for the last 12 years by Robert Kraft...

Belichick wanted to work for one of them, and not the other. Rex would have worked for anyone willing to give him the job...kinda like Mangenius and the Herminator and even poor old Al Groh.

Exactly how has he done that Deus? Holding out? Missing camp? Hrm? Talking in the media about his contract?

Last I've checked, hes done none of those.

Wasting your breath...once he goes down his patented contrarian path there's nothing to be gained beyond another endless pissing match.

IMO any owner would hold somewhat of a grudge if a player called him a lier in public, its human nature.

Hmmmm.......

Brady is worrying about the Patriots AND the Brady family AND the NFLPA.
If you're in agreement with that, then I'm in agreement with you. :)

And -- which I also suspect you agree with -- while Ty Warren may have left himself open to the discussion "Ty, your way of doing things hasn't worked out so great; please try it our way from here on", I'd be quite surprised to discover things are or should be worse than that.

Brady is worrying about the Patriots AND the Brady family AND the NFLPA.
If you're in agreement with that, then I'm in agreement with you. :)

Exactly. There's nothing surprising, or wrong, with the change in priorities. It's just something that happens when circumstances change.

And -- which I also suspect you agree with -- while Ty Warren may have left himself open to the discussion "Ty, your way of doing things hasn't worked out so great; please try it our way from here on", I'd be quite surprised to discover things are or should be worse than that.

I, too, would be surprised to see the Patriots consider this a real issue, particularly since it was an injury that's been around for a while and was just aggravated, as opposed to being a new injury, and also because it was not an injury that's a result of being out of condition.

Last edited:
Someone talks crap about you in the media and you are not expected to hold a grudge?

At this stage that might not be as bad an idea as you think. As mush as Rex is an idiot, it worked for them with Revis.

Let's be honest...BB does, so it appears, hold grudges on occasion.

Negotiations, in any endeavor, is a two sided street. Both parties need to sit down, face to face, even if it means a trip by BB, or Kraft, to visit Mankins. If nothing gets accomplished, so be it.

Discretion is the better part of valor.

Making the first move is not a sign of weakness.

I completely agree.

Of course Bill holds grudges, or have ye forgotten the FU he gave Tom Jackson?

One of the Krafts should contact Mankin$ himself, and have him agree to a face-to-face meeting. If he wants to have his agent attend, then let him attend, too.

Bill's time is now full game-planning for Cinci; the Krafts, and only the Krafts, will be able to get Mankin$ to sign on the line that is dotted.

Let's face it: Mankin$ holds all the cards. He's by far the best of a deteriorating OL, he has never missed even one game in his entire 5-year career, and he will likely not even need to play this season in order to gain unrestricted free agency next year.

All the toys at WR & TE will do Brady no good at all if he's on his back - or worse, on a stretcher - before he's ablle to throw to them.

As for Tucker, he is a known Pats hater, and of Bill in particular; that's why I haven't read him since Cameragate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots