PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ross Tucker traded to Cleveland for '07 conditional draft pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lamanai said:
I understand what conditional means, and in the NFL if typically (although not always) means conditional on the guy making the roster. I guess my question really is why can't they disclose what the pick *could* beif the conditions are met ?
Something like: The Cleveland Browns acquired Center Ross Tucker from the New England Patriots for a Conditional Sixth Round draft choice in 2007.
It could be further disclosed that the pick could be anywhere from nothing to a sixth rounder....
EDIT: Just read your edit...

You have to believe the Pats get a 7th RD pick at a minimum on the theory they are not gift wrapping a center to the Browns for free. Probably the best they could hope for is a 5th rounder, and end up at the end of the day with a 6th like you mention above.

Box_O_Rocks said:
I get him all set up and you crack a smile! grumble I may have to find me a new sidekick with a better poker face for these "boob jobs." :nono:

haha, pretty good. As sick as it is, I now wonder who has the bigger rack, Mruc or Tucker? Or was that what the original saga was all about? This is making more and more sense to me..

Box_O_Rocks said:
I get him all set up and you crack a smile! grumble I may have to find me a new sidekick with a better poker face for these "boob jobs." :nono:

Hey, I'm OK with a Man Bra (a Bro) simply to keep the is forum PG-13.

patsfan55 said:
it seems like most in here would take mruc over stevenson
what makes u feel that way
other than the experience factor

Mrucz has the experience and no more PS eleigibility. Stevenson is raw and has PS eligibility. You get two for the price of one as you can always call up Stevenson from the PS if you need him. Besides a year of seasoning on the Ps and in the weightroom is probably what the Dr. (Scar) woould advise anyhow...

http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjournal/sports/basketball/15240285.htm

As a Pats' fan, this is a humorous read:
It's not as if he were cluelessly riding a motorcycle in a parking lot (no names, please); Bentley was just snapping the stupid ball and blocking.
-----
Remember that the Browns coach is the kind of guy who could be told pirates just moved into his basement, and he'd say, ``I'm not real surprised; these things happen. We just have to regroup and charge down the stairs to save the ping-pong table.''
-----
The Browns had been using a free agent rookie named Rob Smith at center, but he supposedly sweats so much that quarterbacks fumble his snaps. (Look, I'm just reporting what people say here, not making this up.)

Starting tonight's game in Philadelphia will be Alonzo Ephraim, a man with long braids, a wonderful smile and a great attitude who was looking for work on July 26 when the Browns called. He had been cut by the Miami Dolphins.

Let's just be kind and say Smith and Ephraim are quite a bit of a drop-off from Bentley and Hallen.
-----
Savage picked up Ross Tucker from the New England Patriots, where he was fighting for a roster spot as a backup center/guard. The Patriots considered him a decent reserve with some experience -- 24 starts in his career.

For some reason, he was cut early last season by the Buffalo Bills (where he started 12 games in 2004) and was signed by the Patriots near the end of the year. He played in only one game.

The Patriots do have plenty of depth and more talent. One general manager who knows Tucker told me that he's ``OK,'' which is a major upgrade at the moment for the Browns.
Go Ross!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back