PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ross Tucker: Pats player on IR practiced in 2005 [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ross Tucker ...WHISTLEBLOWER

You just can't have a normal conversation with anyone outside NE..so I say just say "yup..we can beat any team with one camera tied behind out back".

You've got the right attitude my friend. :rocker:
I feel the same way...bring on the hate.

Oooooooooooh lookie here. He's from Princeton and has attempted to be a writer for SI.com. Imagine that.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/12/28/pats.tucker/index.html

Now we have the motivation....

Tucker should have given Wingo and Schlereth this article and told them he'd talk about a player on IR practicing only if they gave equal time to the five reasons he listed for the Patriots success - none of which involved activities those two talk about.

Tucker should have given Wingo and Schlereth this article and told them he'd talk about a player on IR practicing only if they gave equal time to the five reasons he listed for the Patriots success - none of which involved activities those two talk about.

Exactly. I will give you the camera thing, it MIGHT have been advantageous. A guy on IR practicing...um, have they forgotten Marvin Harrison was accused of SHOOTING someone?

The funniest part of this saga is that the reason for competitive advantage from practicing IR players is 'given vets a rest in practice' and 'keeping them fresh for the game' (paraphrased).

I thought the reason to practice an IR guy was rather to keep his head in the program for the following year.

It just won't end.

My buddies have even stopped given me crap about it already.

Hopefully they will run out of topics by training camp.

It will be good to get this out of the way now instead of during the season.

Can't wait for the opener v. KC and Herm.

It is against the rules for a player on Injured Reserve to practice with the team.

sdfan
It IS?? Wow, none of us knew that. Thanks for the news flash. Please post more often. You add a lot to this forum. Thanks again - you tool.

I guess Ross Tucker is ratting out his buddies to get some media face time. Instead of showing honor, it shows a lack of character. But he'll convince himself he's "doing the right thing", because Peter King will spoon with him in exchange.

How do you think Tucker got the SI gig in the first place?

What an ungrateful, gravy-training scumbag.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why do you all care so much about what people think about the Pats??

Seriously... Why does it bother you all so much? :confused:

Your going to let ESPN and Hater fans ruin your enjoyment of a GREAT, GREAT team?? Probably the greatest stretch we will experience in our lifetime.

For real peeps... kick back and enjoy the ride while it lasts. Don't let the haters ruin it for you.

I think I have hit Spygate/Pats "cheating" overload.

I don't care what Tucker had to say. Goodell has already gone on the record that playing a player on IR is only a monetary fine and he wouldn't fine the Pats anymore. Tucker knows about other teams cheating or at least bending the rules to the point of cheating, but refuses to give names. All he has done is kept the story alive and given ESPN more to talk about with Spygate.

I think I have hit Spygate/Pats "cheating" overload.

I don't care what Tucker had to say. Goodell has already gone on the record that playing a player on IR is only a monetary fine and he wouldn't fine the Pats anymore. Tucker knows about other teams cheating or at least bending the rules to the point of cheating, but refuses to give names. All he has done is kept the story alive and given ESPN more to talk about with Spygate.

EXACTLY. I can't believe the absolute hatred in their agenda. This is pretty much a non story but they keep throwing up in our face. Pathetic...really...subhuman...

Last edited by a moderator:

I haven't been following this IR "story" very closely, but I am under the impression that Ross Tucker is his own eyewitness on this story, and that both the occurance and his understanding of the violation are correct.

So long as he's not on Boston radio demanding the Pats surrender draft picks/their last Super Bowl banner, I don't see the big problem.

This is also about the 3rd thread on this particular story, and for some reason its the longest and angriest. And some of you are acting like you've just heard of Ross Tucker. I am honestly confused by all this.

Why do you all care so much about what people think about the Pats??

Seriously... Why does it bother you all so much? :confused:

Your going to let ESPN and Hater fans ruin your enjoyment of a GREAT, GREAT team?? Probably the greatest stretch we will experience in our lifetime.

For real peeps... kick back and enjoy the ride while it lasts. Don't let the haters ruin it for you.

100% Nail on the Head!! You couldnt possibly be more correct.

Fellas need to just take a step back and turn the other cheek. We should know by now how this game works with 'sports' reporting.

I haven't been following this IR "story" very closely, but I am under the impression that Ross Tucker is his own eyewitness on this story, and that both the occurance and his understanding of the violation are correct.

So long as he's not on Boston radio demanding the Pats surrender draft picks/their last Super Bowl banner, I don't see the big problem.

This is also about the 3rd thread on this particular story, and for some reason its the longest and angriest. And some of you are acting like you've just heard of Ross Tucker. I am honestly confused by all this.

I'm confused about how allowing an IR player to practice can give you *any* advantage. Say it's a WR on IR. They only throw so many passes in any given practice...let's say that number is 200. Let's say you have 5 receivers able to practice...that's 40 per receiver. If you add in an IR player, you now only get 33 per receiver. In other words, every rep an IR player gets takes one away from an active player. Since IR players CANNOT help you for the rest of this year, but an active player can, what possible advantage is there to practice a player on IR?

It is against the rules for a player on Injured Reserve to practice with the team.

sdfan

steroids are against the rules also. what's funny is, i never hear schlereth talk about them. what team keeps getting busted for those ?

I'm confused about how allowing an IR player to practice can give you *any* advantage. Say it's a WR on IR. They only throw so many passes in any given practice...let's say that number is 200. Let's say you have 5 receivers able to practice...that's 40 per receiver. If you add in an IR player, you now only get 33 per receiver. In other words, every rep an IR player gets takes one away from an active player. Since IR players CANNOT help you for the rest of this year, but an active player can, what possible advantage is there to practice a player on IR?

It's like redshirting a guy - you take him out of active rotation but give him a year to practice, take snaps, etc without taking up a roster spot. Not exactly a high crime, but then again neither is videotaping signs. Thankfully Goodell nipped this one in the bud a little better than the taping issue so regardless of the severity or how loud Ross Tucker Marshall whines, we aren't getting punished making this only an issue of sports reporters crying because they don't get to see our heads on pikes.

Golic just made the argument that if the IR player is practicing, it gives more rest to the regular players, and that this is the advantage. WTF??? If you want your regular player to rest and not practice so much, can't you just, I dont know... REST THEM?!?! You don't HAVE to practice every player that isn't on IR for every snap of every practice. I swear to God my brain is going to explode.

This thread would be more aptly titled: Ross Tucker.... B1TCH.

Golic just made the argument that if the IR player is practicing, it gives more rest to the regular players, and that this is the advantage. WTF??? If you want your regular player to rest and not practice so much, can't you just, I dont know... REST THEM?!?! You don't HAVE to practice every player that isn't on IR for every snap of every practice. I swear to God my brain is going to explode.

Isn't that what practice squad players are for?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back