PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ross Tucker: Pats player on IR practiced in 2005 [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ross tucker on players practicing on IR

Hey pal..where did I ever say that what they did was OK or that punsihment should NOT follow??
I'll point it out to you again. You wrote...."Do you really believe that he was the ONLY player in the NFL on IR to have practiced?? Get a grip...". I interpret your quote, "he was the ONLY player in the NFL on IR to have practiced", in response to someone that posted that the Patriots should be punished for getting caught doing just that, as your way of saying that the Patriots were ok in doing it. What did you mean if not that. My request to you is to explain yourself clearly.
Still waiting.. second time I have asked that question...
Well I explained myself. If you meant someting other than what I took it for, please explain where I am misinterpreting what you meant.
...and I don't expect you will find that...LEARN to read..It's a GOOD THING!!
Careful, glass houses and all. upstater might point out that you obviously missed something when you responded to his post, among other obvious errors.
AGAIN...I did not imply that it was OK or that they should NOT be punished...
Please explain to me what you meant by this then...
"Do you really believe that he was the ONLY player in the NFL on IR to have practiced?? Get a grip..." Please.
MORE like what you wished me to say and did not...Logic helps a great deal to have.. as is reading...
Indeed, and I would add punctuation to that list too.
If the IR violation was one of say 50 over the past years, I think that would speak for itself....
Hmmm, what? LOL. Here is what I believe. Point out what you disagree with...
1. It is NOT ok to break a rule and expect no punshment even if you BELIEVE other teams are breaking the same rule and getting away with it.
2. If all teams are breaking a rule and all teams get caught breaking it, then all teams should be punished.

Disagree?

sdfan

I'll point it out to you again. You wrote...."Do you really believe that he was the ONLY player in the NFL on IR to have practiced?? Get a grip...". I interpret your quote, "he was the ONLY player in the NFL on IR to have practiced", in response to someone that posted that the Patriots should be punished for getting caught doing just that, as your way of saying that the Patriots were ok in doing it. What did you mean if not that. My request to you is to explain yourself clearly.
Well I explained myself. If you meant someting other than what I took it for, please explain where I am misinterpreting what you meant.
Careful, glass houses and all. upstater might point out that you obviously missed something when you responded to his post, among other obvious errors.
Please explain to me what you meant by this then...
"Do you really believe that he was the ONLY player in the NFL on IR to have practiced?? Get a grip..." Please.
Indeed, and I would add punctuation to that list too.
Hmmm, what? LOL. Here is what I believe. Point out what you disagree with...
1. It is NOT ok to break a rule and expect no punshment even if you BELIEVE other teams are breaking the same rule and getting away with it.
2. If all teams are breaking a rule and all teams get caught breaking it, then all teams should be punished.

Disagree?

sdfan
You have again failed to answer my question..Where did I ever say that it was OK for the Patriots to have violated that rulle OR go unpunished for that?? Still waiting..
Answer the question... OR admit that I never said that?? keep sidestepping it..

Last edited:

You have again failed to answer my question..Where did I ever say that it was OK for the Patriots to have violated that rulle OR go unpunished for that?? Still waiting..
Answer the question... OR admit that I never said that?? keep sidestepping it..
How many times do I have to answer you? I've done it 3 times now. Here, I'll explain it again. You say it is ok by your quote...."Do you really believe that he was the ONLY player in the NFL on IR to have practiced??". Now if that isn't what you meant, explain to me what you mean by that statement. It's pretty simple really, don't know why you don't understand what I am saying and asking.

sdfan

Re: Ross Tucker: Pats player on IR practiced in 2005

This doesn't qualify as a surprise, really. Check out the following from The Boston Globe's Mike Smith. Right, Smith left the Globe long ago to join ESPN. This note, however, ran over four years back - it appeared in the Feb. 22, 2004 football notes column.

Kliff notes
Hand it to the Patriots: They know how to manipulate the roster. They wanted to keep their sixth-round pick from last year, quarterback Kliff Kingsbury, so they placed him on injured reserve (wink, wink) Aug. 29. Kingsbury recapped his "redshirt" rookie season last week for the New Braunfels (Texas) Downtown Rotary Club.

"I learned a lot," said Kingsbury, according to Thursday's New Braunfels Herald-Zeitung. "I thought I had a pretty good training camp. At the end of camp, [Bill] Belichick called me into his office. After he complimented me, he told me, `From now on, you're going to be hurt.' "

Kingsbury also expressed confidence about his future in New England. "They're going to release the backup [not technically; Damon Huard is an unrestricted free agent], and I'll have a chance to compete with the third-string guy [Rohan Davey] for the backup spot," he said. "I have a good chance."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2004/02/22/agent_is_tackling_a_huge_workload/?page=3

How many times do I have to answer you? I've done it 3 times now. Here, I'll explain it again. You say it is ok by your quote...."Do you really believe that he was the ONLY player in the NFL on IR to have practiced??". Now if that isn't what you meant, explain to me what you mean by that statement. It's pretty simple really, don't know why you don't understand what I am saying and asking.

sdfan

You are conflating 2 arguments. He is NOT arguing that it is OK for the Pats to do it. He is NOT arguing the Patriots should not be punished for it (as you will recall, they have been, as Goodell iirc addressed this issue with the previous fine per his presser after Walsh). He IS arguing that others have done it too, and that it is not a hangable offense (belied by the Goodell punishment inclusion in the original offense), which minimizes the "sin" of the situation and validates the inclusion of any potential fine for this offense in the monstrous fine levied at the first offense. How are you not getting this, I'd say it is fairly clear with his statement? You are the one making an interpolative assumption based on his statement and suggesting it means something it does not. Now, again, do YOU think that this is the only incident of this happening, both with respect to team and player?

You are conflating 2 arguments. He is NOT arguing that it is OK for the Pats to do it. He is NOT arguing the Patriots should not be punished for it (as you will recall, they have been, as Goodell iirc addressed this issue with the previous fine per his presser after Walsh). He IS arguing that others have done it too, and that it is not a hangable offense (belied by the Goodell punishment inclusion in the original offense), which minimizes the "sin" of the situation and validates the inclusion of any potential fine for this offense in the monstrous fine levied at the first offense. How are you not getting this, I'd say it is fairly clear with his statement?
You got all that from this..."Do you really believe that he was the ONLY player in the NFL on IR to have practiced?? Get a grip..."? And considering the post he was responding to, one in which upstater was obviously being facetious? Why not, then, after my original post, just explain himself?
You are the one making an interpolative assumption based on his statement and suggesting it means something it does not.
Sorry, I still believe that is what he meant. Until he explains that and following posts I'll still see it that way. So far he hasn't. He probably doesn't even care, really, except to make sure that he doesn't let me get the last word in. No clarity forthcoming from this guy. I like your post, however, and definitely understand your point of view.
Now, again, do YOU think that this is the only incident of this happening, both with respect to team and player?
No, I really don't believe that it is the only incident. I do believe that it is the only one in which a team got caught doing it, at least in the near past. I know that Ross Tucker has played on 4 teams and only one of them did it, according to him. Also if another team gets caught I expect them to be punished just as the Patriots did. Pretty clear I would say.

sdfan

Ross Tucker...WHISTLEBLOWER

A guy who played one season with the Pats - 2005 - is saying while he was there he saw guys who were on IR practicing with the team. He's on NFL Live right now with Trey Wingo....

delete if this is old news...

Re: Ross Tucker ...WHISTLEBLOWER

God this is getting boring, has the NFL network turned into, all things Patriots.. come on now move on.. they need to investigate every team for rule infractions.. betcha there are skeletons in every NFL team clost.

So what if the player practiced with the team? It's not like the guy could come back and play. :confused:
I'm sure those players who were on IR are just thrilled with him today. :rolleyes:

I just saw this, it was on ESPN. Shocking, I know.

WTF is this Ross Tucker chump?

I am so sick of this crap, ESPN is like one of those stupid gossip shows now, sensationalistic BS all day long.

God this is getting boring, has the NFL network turned into, all things Patriots.. come on now move on.. they need to investigate every team for rule infractions.. betcha there are skeletons in every NFL team clost.

Your right , but espn only wants to hate on the Pats.. Or should I say FESPN, which stands for well you know...

Or EBSPN - the everything but sports program network..

I guess Ross Tucker is ratting out his buddies to get some media face time. Instead of showing honor, it shows a lack of character. But he'll convince himself he's "doing the right thing", because Peter King will spoon with him in exchange.

We Knew This Already Espn Stop Grasping At Straws You Look Pathetic And Are Pathetic.

Anybody dumb enough to believe that this happened only on our team, think again. I don't watch ESPN and I refuse to start now. I get all my updates here. We all need to do our peace of mind a favor. DON'T WATCH ESPN. It's TRASH.

Last edited:

Hey guys, I heard BB once urinated on a wall outside a bar in college. Quick call ESPN. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

he wrote this article last week. ESPN has to have some time to fill in 1 week later on its nfl live show since it has nothing to talk about so why not find some other spygate thread.

nooooooooooooooooo!

This guy is an ingrate. When he was not going to be able to

make the Pats roster, they found another team for him and traded

him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back