PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rosevelt colvin on sports final

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=177227

theres an article.

funny how they forgot last year's comments.

What a crock of horse****. Look, 48 hours after Merriman AKA Juice was suspended for cheating and with his appeal under review, he was doing his little dance on the field during a game with the Chiefs.

One would think that when you've been caught red handed cheating, you'd show some humility. Some honor. Some class. Instead, he was his classless, cheating, scum bag self.

They had it coming. Sorry if that upsets poor little Karen at the Herald.

Apparently many have forgotten how close Colvin was to having a very short NFL career, and how hard he worked to get back on the field, nevermind to put himself in position to make that play.

If I were in his shoes, I'd've mocked Merriman, too.

And screw the bottom-fedeers at the Herald, too.

Last edited:
I think the author is a she. And shouldn't she be washing dishes about now instead of pretending to know anything about football :rolleyes:

Holy crap. And you wonder why people want to call fans classless. You just defined it.

That's why teams should shut their yaps and stop being ****y. The pats aren't going to mock a team that doesn't talk trash. They don't respond in the media to trash talk, but they see and hear everything you do and say. They take everythign to heart, they bottle up their emotions and explode on sunday. So if you were talking trash, and the Patriots have more points after the final whistle, you are gonna get it shoved right the hell back in your face.

I don't recall the pats ever mocking peyton have they? I love it, I LOVE the emotion in this team. Shut your mouths, practice hard and hope to defeat us on sunday and you wont have to worry about the pats throwing your words back in your faces!

Karen Guregian shouldn't have a job after that article. It was like she was scolding a bunch of little kids.

Well, this ain't Pop Warner honey. If you are going to talk smack, prepare to get it rubbed in your face when you lose. That's how it works among men.

And her journalism is friggin PATHETIC.... Not understanding the hsistory of smack talking by the Chargers, the antics of Merriman (I love that turn of phrase, "Even Merriman thought the Pats went too far", like he is some kind of choir boy), the way the Chargers disrespected and talked smack after beating the Pats at Gillette.... Can her ass. She's irresponsible and knows nothing about football.

She also had her facts completely wrong on the Pats going into the Chargers locker room and shouting lights out. That is BULLSH!T. They said that going into their own locker room.... On the other side of the field from the chargers. This Herald article is a disgrace.

Props to Phillips though for referring to himself in the third person. That's classy!

Last edited:
I think the author is a she. And shouldn't she be washing dishes about now instead of pretending to know anything about football :rolleyes:

Actually she has been a hockey reporter for years. But since the Bruins blow chunks these days and have for over a decade and the Herald has fired half their sports department, we are left with in over their heads columnists like Tony and Karen pontificating about how overmatched our football team is, not to mention how they should behave if they manage to make all the local mediots look like idiot tools for picking talent over team yet again. They never learn.

Rosie said this has been simmering since last season when a condescending Schotsie said we had HAD a great run but... and that jackass son of Bum Phillips was flapping his lips too.

The Chargers disrespected us (and the other 5 AFC playoff teams for that matter) for the last two weeks, just like their well tanned fan base who visited here. Respect is like championships - it is not a given, you earn it. Unlike awards that are subjectively bestowed. Or sacks which are over rated.

Oddly the voice of reason tonight is Deion Sanders. Told LT first, never SAY you are classy...and understand that what you are really upset about is how you didn't get enough touches, how your team ran out of time (and time outs) and how even though you were the #1 seed you are going home. :D

never really was fan of players who make big plays and have there own dance in celebration of there personal accomplishment like Merriam after he sacked Brady, but hey each to their own. With that said did anybody see Colvin mimic the punt kick with his leg to the SD sidelines after stopping them & forcing them to punt? I thought that awesome.

Oddly the voice of reason tonight is Deion Sanders. Told LT first, never SAY you are classy...and understand that what you are really upset about is how you didn't get enough touches, how your team ran out of time (and time outs) and how even though you were the #1 seed you are going home. :D

Deion said that? Damn, I need NFL network badly.
I said in a previous post, class means not saying that you're classy. It also means being the bigger man, not acting like you're going to beat up Vince Wilfork and then disrespecting Bill Belichick on national television.

Good video link, I'm cool with the Pats and Chargers feuding, seems like they have some grounds. Troy busting a move in the tunnel just has me cheering - the Chargers sucked oxygen and learned what it means to "want" a win.

Deion said that? Damn, I need NFL network badly.
I said in a previous post, class means not saying that you're classy. It also means being the bigger man, not acting like you're going to beat up Vince Wilfork and then disrespecting Bill Belichick on national television.
Yes, Deion called LdT out for his pouting over the Pats' celebration. I was certainly surprised and even Rich Eisen was surprised by Deion unloading (in a fatherly chewing out style) on Tomlinson. One of the very rare times I've thought Deion had something worth saying. Mariucci also sided with Deion, though he let Deion carry the load.

Yes, Deion called LdT out for his pouting over the Pats' celebration. I was certainly surprised and even Rich Eisen was surprised by Deion unloading (in a fatherly chewing out style) on Tomlinson. One of the very rare times I've thought Deion had something worth saying. Mariucci also sided with Deion, though he let Deion carry the load.
Damn shame, I changed the channel when they came on because I figured they would kiss LT's ass for calling out the Patriots.

Even though Rich Eisen thinks he's funnier than he is, Deion has the ego of a small country and Mooch is just... well... Mooch you have to give respect to the NFL network for taking a stance on this that is likely to be unpopular in many circles.

I'm subscribing to Digital Cable tomorrow to get my damn NFL network back. I miss my DirecTV. Stupid trees.

Ya i about fell out of the chair when Deion ripped LT ( in a nice way) Although Deion's never really been that bad...not like shannon "i sound like i'm talking with my mouth full" sharpe! I always preferred Deion to Shannon on the NFL Today before Deion tried his comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes