PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rosevelt Colvin in Foxboro today [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Seau wasn't injured, but he also appeared 'done' when he was in Miami. Maybe Rosey can play a role here, even if it's playing 1/3rd of the snaps as a situational pass rusher. And as we know it's something we desperately need right now.

You never know, it's been 3+ months since we worked out in Houston. When did Cleveland look at him?

Last edited:
My fault 2 season not equal to 2 year .He went into IR early and is still not what he used to be,he seem to have lost the first step . Also he is close to 300 lb so can be effective even with brute strength but colvin being 250 does take away that aspect away. Dropping in coverage is also bad for foot injuries.
Do we even know what Colvin's injury was ? Freeney's Lis Franc injury is very serious, especially for a first step I would think. He's doing alright for himself with 8 sacks in 12 games, .66 sacks per game - the previous 3 years (2 full + last year's partial) he averaged .49 sacks per game. You have to go all the way back to 2004 for a BIG sack season for him.

Regarding Colvin, the fact that he's been sitting at home is kind of damning, I'll admit. The Houston thing, less so as it's a different defense and he's had a few months since then to get more healthy.

Looks like we signed Colvin. Great news!!
Hopefully - not quite as exiting as when we signed him in 2003, I remember being up almost all night waiting for confirmation, that was an exciting time; too bad the hip injury had to happen.

Anyway, if Woods is out you have to figure that Colvin can help some.

Well lets not get too excited our this desperate signing...there has to be a reason why Colvin was still available...while we are at it lets get Junior Seau in the fold.:p

Well lets not get too excited our this desperate signing...there has to be a reason why Colvin was still available...while we are at it lets get Junior Seau in the fold.:p

Well, count me as one who is glad that Rosie has been signed irrespective of how desperate it might look. And I am least bit bothered why he is still available. I trust BB and the FO did their anlaysis before signing him.

If he is healthy enough - as I hope he is -, his contribution IMO will be significantly better than any new guy.

This team doesn't make desperation signings, or he would have been brought in the minute AD went down. Also we would have definately signed Ty Law after Wheatley went down and with how bad O'neal has been. BB feels Rosey is worth a spot on this team with 4 weeks left in the season - to me that is saying alot.

Well with Rosie and Vrabel our Edge Rush from our OLB's won't be like what we eye-witnessed from Pittsburgh. Two words for our Pass Rush...Slow - Motion!

Re: Rosie's at Gillette today...

BB should consider Wilhite and/or Richardson, one to start and the other to cover slot and let O'Neal only get back in there in dire emergency circumstance.

Wilhite did get the start today and Richardson was in there as well, so was O'Neal though after L.Sanders moved to S when J.Sanders went down. I liked the way he played for the most part with the exception of the S.Wallace run when he let him go on the sideline after he thought Wallace was headed out of bounds. Looked like Todd Collins on Kordell Stewart on that one. Good first step for Wilhite today, he's much more agressive than O'Neal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes