PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rosevelt Colvin in Foxboro today [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rosie's at Gillette today...

If he's healthy, that would be a great addition. I was a huge Colvin fan. Honestly, I don't think the defense was nearly the same once he went down last season b/c of the ripple effect it had. If he stays healthy, I think we'd probably win the SB vs. the Giants.

If his injury is of the nature that he can return to form, then I also wouldn't mind bringing him back next year. I know we have Crable and Redd and we look all set - but personally, I think the strongest defense we could put together in the base 3-4 would be a [healthy] Colvin and Vrabel on the outside, AD at SILB, Mayo at WILB. And then on passing downs, AD and Colvin on the outside with Mayo and or Guyton in coverage.

Maybe I'm getting my hopes up, we never really learned the full extent of his injury.

what was colvins injury? was it the same as freeney and ty law?

what was colvins injury? was it the same as freeney and ty law?

It's the Patriots. We'll never know the full extent of Colvin's injury. I THINK it had something to do with his achilles but I'm not too sure off the top of my head.

It's the Patriots. We'll never know the full extent of Colvin's injury. I THINK it had something to do with his achilles but I'm not too sure off the top of my head.

he was picked up by the texans so i figure it would be common knowledge

Imagine if we could get a healthy Colvin and AD back into the mix by the time we're hosting the Cardinals.

Rotating Vrabel, Colvin, Thomas, Woods, and maybe even Redd by then, with Guyton and/or Mayo able to drop into coverage.

That might be just what the doctor ordered to make our secondary look a little more dangerous. Every Corner/Safety is more dangerous when the QB is whipping the ball to anyone he can find in the span of 2 seconds.

Pass rush will help every CB/S with the exception of O'Neal. When the Pats signed him I thought we might be getting a ball hawk who could replace some of the skills Asante had but do so at a much cheaper price that what Samuel would cost. But it's obvious now his head is somewhere else because I still believe he has the speed to compete but, as has been his problem in the past, his full concentration is not on the task at hand. BB should consider Wilhite and/or Richardson, one to start and the other to cover slot and let O'Neal only get back in there in dire emergency circumstance.

I was not the only one who fell into believing O'Neal could help, although I didn't beleive he should start over Wheatley, here's what Lombardi had to say when we signed him:
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...u-start-opposite-hobbs-page4.html#post1003868

Last edited:

I'd welcome Rosie back with open arms. He may not be as fast as he once was, but he can play vs. the run, drop into coverage, and rush the passer. He may have lost a step or two after his injury, but he is better than what the Pats have on the roster right now.

This seems like a contradiction. If his speed is in question, why do you believe he can still rush the passer and/or drop into coverage?

Bring back Colvin! I miss that guy.

This is great news, love Rosie..............

Think it had something to do with his foot, not enamored with Rosie coming back, but not much out there right now, he knows the D. There is a reason that 31 other teams passed on him.. maybe it is his health, maybe he lost a step.. not sure. He will have an impact, but not sure how much.

Think it had something to do with his foot, not enamored with Rosie coming back, but not much out there right now, he knows the D. There is a reason that 31 other teams passed on him.. maybe it is his health, maybe he lost a step.. not sure. He will have an impact, but not sure how much.

he fractured and or broke his foot. The accounts during the season were that it was bad timing but not supposed to be that bad 4-8 week injury and apparently it was bad.

he was picked up by the texans so i figure it would be common knowledge

They probably didn't reveal the severity of his injury to the press out of courtesy to him. That would at least be my guess...

he fractured and or broke his foot. The accounts during the season were that it was bad timing but not supposed to be that bad 4-8 week injury and apparently it was bad.
If it's anywhere around the navicular region, then I can understand the frustration and slow rehab process around it.

Does he have anything left? Can he contribute? IS he fully healed? Those would be my concerns. If the Pats sign him that will mean that their doctor OK'd Colvin. This is certainly an interesting development... But also kind of shows how desperate the Pats are for an OLB right now.

When he was on WEEI a couple of weeks ago, I was suprised that no time in the converstation did he mention working out or being in shape. I figured a guy looking for a job would sneak into every topic, "I was at the gym..." " I was doing drills today..." He also mentioned that Cleveland gave him a look and passed. As others have noted, I can't see this being a good sign.

I agree.

It is not a matter of whether he 100% or a top pash rusher. It is a matter of whether hw will add more than someone else we might sign. There is an open roster spot. Money is not relevant. If he were to receive a $2M salary, he would only be paid $500K.

I'd want Colvin even if Woods were healthy. Somehow I suspect that, as of right now, I'd rather see Colvin in there instead of Redd. Redd will get his reps. He does need the experience. If Woods is out for a couple of games, we are very, very thin.

There is no downside. If he really is anywhere near healthy, he could be signed to be a backup for couple of years. This would open lots of possibilities, including Thomas or Vrabel taking reps inside if necessary.

I'd welcome Rosie back with open arms. He may not be as fast as he once was, but he can play vs. the run, drop into coverage, and rush the passer. He may have lost a step or two after his injury, but he is better than what the Pats have on the roster right now.

jesus, i had to see rosie right before going to sleep. I hope i dont get nightmares :(

The guy was not even close to being back in pre-season with texans. They have one of the worst LB cores in the league. Love rosie but I dont think he will ever be the player he once was.

This guy who says he is 100% cannot make it in the houston core.
He has not played in a while and even if he is healed no way you can find out how his leverage and speed is without pratice .

It took freeney over a year and nearly 2 to get back to rushing the passer as he used to.

It took freeney over a year and nearly 2 to get back to rushing the passer as he used to.
:confused:

Freeney missed the second half of last year starting Week 10. Even now it's barely over a year and he started out the year with a sack in 3 out of 4 games. Maybe he wasn't as explosive as in the past, I don't know - I hate watching the Colts so I rarely do it. But let's not start talking about nearly 2 years when it's only been about 1 to this point.

:confused:

Freeney missed the second half of last year starting Week 10. Even now it's barely over a year and he started out the year with a sack in 3 out of 4 games. Maybe he wasn't as explosive as in the past, I don't know - I hate watching the Colts so I rarely do it. But let's not start talking about nearly 2 years when it's only been about 1 to this point.

My fault 2 season not equal to 2 year .He went into IR early and is still not what he used to be,he seem to have lost the first step . Also he is close to 300 lb so can be effective even with brute strength but colvin being 250 does take away that aspect away. Dropping in coverage is also bad for foot injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes