PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rosevelt Colvin in Foxboro today [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rosie's at Gillette today...

Imagine if we could get a healthy Colvin and AD back into the mix by the time we're hosting the Cardinals.

Rotating Vrabel, Colvin, Thomas, Woods, and maybe even Redd by then, with Guyton and/or Mayo able to drop into coverage.

That might be just what the doctor ordered to make our secondary look a little more dangerous. Every Corner/Safety is more dangerous when the QB is whipping the ball to anyone he can find in the span of 2 seconds.

If I remember correctly, wasn't Hobbs the rookie that took over when Duane Starks got b!tchslapped to the bench? That worked out pretty well. Let's throw Wilhite out there and say a prayer.

And man, it would be great to get Rosie back. Him going down last year was such a blow to our D.

I'm super excited to hear Rosie might be coming back!

He knows the system well and he provides great leadership. I'm sure Vrabes and Bruschi will be happy to have him back, they had such great chemistry as a linebacking unit last year.

There's an upgrade at OLB, now if only we had more options at corner :confused:

Last edited:

At this point in the season, there's very little you can do to change how the players you have play. The best way to get a spark is to make a key acquisition or get a key player back from injury.

Three if's:

If Colvin is healthy
If Thomas can scrape his way back
If we can squeeze into the playoffs

We might just see a huge boost in QB pressure that would have a trickle down effect into our secondary.

Three big if's though.

3 big ifs but all are possible! A healthy Rosie would make an immediate difference too...let's hope he's healthy and willing to talk because he'd help SO much. Then if AD returns on top of that-nice:D

I think the Pats need to seriously think about going with Wilhite or Richardson over O'Neal at CB opposite Hobbs, I prefer Wilhite as he seems more aggressive/physical. It can't or won't get worse than O'Neal has been.

:agree: Why not give Wilhite a shot and see what happens? As you said, he can't be any worse.

let's hope he's healthy and willing to talk because he'd help SO much. Then if AD returns on top of that-nice:D

Willing to talk? He's been sitting on his couch eating cheetos for 3 months, I'm sure he'll take a bargain deal just to get back into football.

Willing to talk? He's been sitting on his couch eating cheetos for 3 months, I'm sure he'll take a bargain deal just to get back into football.

Rosie's never come cheap but hopefully you're right.

Rosie's never come cheap but hopefully you're right.

I'm aware of that, but I think at this point he's desperate. The rest of the league thinks he's washed up, he needs a chance to show that he's not. Hopefully that means he'll work for peanuts :D

I was always annoyed at his lack of durability and his mouthiness (e.g., he was one of the more classless guys in SD, although Hobbs got the bad press).

But I'd love to have him back knowing his role.

:agree: Why not give Wilhite a shot and see what happens? As you said, he can't be any worse.

I hope he's not any worse at CB than he is on STs.

We could use his pass rush skills, if nothing else.

hopefully he still has pass rush skills. If this guy can provide a spark and they get a healthy thomas back there may be hope.

Re: Colvin is visiting Pats TODAY

we is hostin him fo real? ;)

Eh, I wish Wheatley was still healthy and didn't have to give Wilhite a shot. Wheatley was looking good before he broke his wrist again. But who knows? Wilhite has not looked that good as of late but he is a shot in the dark. We already know that, while pass rush is mostly at fault for our bad pass defense, O'Neal is HORRIBLE nonetheless. Wilhite couldn't be much worse (God, I hope that doesn't come back to bite me).

There is a two page thread literally one thread before this one.

Eh, I wish Wheatley was still healthy and didn't have to give Wilhite a shot. Wheatley was looking good before he broke his wrist again. But who knows? Wilhite has not looked that good as of late but he is a shot in the dark. We already know that, while pass rush is mostly at fault for our bad pass defense, O'Neal is HORRIBLE nonetheless. Wilhite couldn't be much worse (God, I hope that doesn't come back to bite me).

Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if he did take his place this month though. Honestly about the only way he'd be worse is if he was burned every play.

There is a two page thread literally one thread before this one.

I know, I just felt like running my post count up by making a useless post.

I felt better afterwards.

I know, I just felt like running my post count up by making a useless post.

I felt better afterwards.

I wasn't referring to you when I said that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes