PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rosevelt Colvin in Foxboro today [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rosie's at Gillette today...

I don't think AT would go on IR but I think Redd would go back to the practice squad to make room for Colvin.

That's great news if he's healthy. He'd have a couple weeks to get accustomed to game speed.

Now tell them to call Junior and reunite the band.

Why did they wait so long?

they should have found room for him when AD went down. and I don't mean IRing AD because I am hoping he is back in a week or 2.

well I guess if they don't sign him it might answer my question but if they do then why not a few weeks ago?

I have no why idea why Rosie O'Donnel popped in my head before Colvin did.

Well you're not the only one, must be all that stupid primetime hoopla.

Why did they wait so long?

they should have found room for him when AD went down. and I don't mean IRing AD because I am hoping he is back in a week or 2.

well I guess if they don't sign him it might answer my question but if they do then why not a few weeks ago?
Because Pierre Woods wasn't injured then and I guess the coaching staff felt confident he could get the job done.

Hopefully Rosie is back to 100% fitness. He's quality when at full fitness and don't we know it.

Last edited:

I have no why idea why Rosie O'Donnel popped in my head before Colvin did.

O'Donnell is bigger and more aggressive, so it was an honest mistake.

Because Pierre Woods wasn't injured then and I guess the coaching staff felt confident he could get the job done.

Hopefully Rosie is back to 100% fitness. He's quality when at full fitness and don't we know it.

Yes but Woods had a role of his own before AD went down too. You saying he couldn't have helped?

Brother, you may need therapy. ;)

Come to think of it, she might make a good defensive end...

rosie-oterror.jpg

She would give Joey Porter a run for his money in the MOUTH Dept. NFL could get alot of money in fines

I'd welcome Rosie back with open arms. He may not be as fast as he once was, but he can play vs. the run, drop into coverage, and rush the passer. He may have lost a step or two after his injury, but he is better than what the Pats have on the roster right now.

I'm with others ... if you are doing this now why not do it a few weeks ago when AD got hurt? Should have at least worked him out at that time; who knows, maybe they did and it got no publicity ...

This is great news. I'm hoping, like the rest here, that he will be in at least good shape. The guy already knows the system so he could come in and have an immediate impact....I hope.:)

I'm with others ... if you are doing this now why not do it a few weeks ago when AD got hurt? Should have at least worked him out at that time; who knows, maybe they did and it got no publicity ...

I'm thinking this is more for Woods if/in case his injury might be somewhat serious (e.g. broken jaw).

Also maybe they have been in touch with him w/o people knowing.

I'm thinking this is more for Woods if/in case his injury might be somewhat serious (e.g. broken jaw).

Looks like Webster is the opening they needed:

Jason Webster to IR - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

The Patriots have announced that CB Jason Webster has been placed on season-ending injured reserve with an ankle injury. Webster hurt his ankle in the first quarter of Sunday's loss to the Steelers.

Webster, 31, was the team's sixth defensive back on Sunday, playing in the team's dime package. That role ended up going to rookie Jonathan Wilhite after Webster was injured.

The move opens a spot on the team's 53-man roster.

Last edited:

At the pace they are going, they might want to sign Hawkeye Pierce.

At this point in the season, there's very little you can do to change how the players you have play. The best way to get a spark is to make a key acquisition or get a key player back from injury.

Three if's:

If Colvin is healthy
If Thomas can scrape his way back
If we can squeeze into the playoffs

We might just see a huge boost in QB pressure that would have a trickle down effect into our secondary.

Three big if's though.

At this point in the season, there's very little you can do to change how the players you have play. The best way to get a spark is to make a key acquisition or get a key player back from injury.

Three if's:

If Colvin is healthy
If Thomas can scrape his way back
If we can squeeze into the playoffs

We might just see a huge boost in QB pressure that would have a trickle down effect into our secondary.

Three big if's though.

I think the Pats need to seriously think about going with Wilhite or Richardson over O'Neal at CB opposite Hobbs, I prefer Wilhite as he seems more aggressive/physical. It can't or won't get worse than O'Neal has been.

I think the Pats need to seriously think about going with Wilhite or Richardson over O'Neal at CB opposite Hobbs, I prefer Wilhite as he seems more aggressive/physical. It can't or won't get worse than O'Neal has been.

I think Wilhite has struggled a lot this year, but you're probably right. What's the harm in giving him more looks?

Ultimately, I don't think anything is going to have a dramatic effect on our DB's this year. Our only hope of improved pass defense is better pressure until we get a chance to retool in the offseason.

Not only would they not be worse now, they would also gain valuable experience for the future that O'Neal certainly does not have wiht this team. I would not be surprised to see him benched next week. Wasn't he already benched for Wheatley (before he got injured)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots