PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rookies Making The Team - Upgrades On Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the idea of putting together a dominant OL. Good isn't good enough they need a unit that dominates and shuts down opposing defenses. Two high caliber guard would be just what they need.

Last edited:
Defo need a good OL, but I really doubt that Guards are going to be going in the first round. These players can wait. At C, we saw how Stork was a mid round pick, but impact wise, he was a lot higher. Other teams will draft skill positions higher. We will get our Guards, if Bill wants to

I agree with the idea of putting together a dominant OL. Good isn't good enough they need a unit that dominates and shuts down opposing defenses. Two high caliber guard would be just what they need.

The idea behind this is fine, and I think we're all in agreement that having improved interior OL players would take us farther.

That said, it's all about properly utilizing resources, and one can argue that drafting an IOL in the 4th like Stork, 5th, 6th (or even UDFA like Neal) has often produced the same fairly efficient results. After all, Belichick has only taken a high round guard once, and he was a tackle in college.

As a matter of fact, we've done pretty well without having much of anything at RG over the years, at least in terms of draft/FA resources. If Belichick wishes to spend one of the top 5/101 selections for a LG then we'd all be on board, but it's certainly no sure thing.

I like the idea of having multiple picks in the sweet spot of the 2nd/3rd rounds. I think that allows Belichick the option to address the holes in the team during the higher rounds better than anything else. Just my personal opinion though.

Defo need a good OL, but I really doubt that Guards are going to be going in the first round. These players can wait. At C, we saw how Stork was a mid round pick, but impact wise, he was a lot higher. Other teams will draft skill positions higher. We will get our Guards, if Bill wants to

Yes, this is pretty much my point, and I'm sorry that I didn't see your post prior to my response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes