Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rookie Questions...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by mavfan2390, May 8, 2006.

1. mavfan2390

mavfan2390 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Laurence Maroney- will he turn into Larry Johnson playing behind Dillon? Can he catch?

Le Kevin Smith- is he big enough to be a 3-4 tackle? is he going to give it his all? (career underachiever)

Jeremy Mincey- will he be able to go back in coverage as a 3-4 OLB? is he only a two down run stuffer?

Garret Mills- how will he get time? can he sufficiently enough long snap warranting a release of paxton?

David Thomas- can he block? (mainly what we need from a 3rd TE)

Stephen Gotowski- too many to list LOL....

Chad Jackson- can he block? will he be willing to go over the middle? how will he do after the catch?
  2. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +59 / 2 / -0

The only one I think I can answer with confidence is this one

Jackson had a ton of production going over the middle - he has great hands and can take a hit and hold the ball.

He WANTED to be going deep, using his speed, but sucked it up for the team and took those short to mid range hits and did it well

I haven't seen too much video of him blocking (tough to categorize and focus on the blocker) but seeing how willing he is to take hits in the middle I can't think this guy's a pansy
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

If anything, he would be just a 3rd down pass rusher not a two down run stuffer. Can he be a full timer ? Who knows. But I think you have his part time potential wrong.

As far as I can tell, the only question about him is kicking in NFL pressure, other than the normal adjustment to the pros. He has shown the accuracy and leg strangth in college to be successful.

Going over the middle is about all he did as a sernior, this shouldn't be an issue.
    Last edited: May 8, 2006