PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rookie Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavfan2390

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Laurence Maroney- will he turn into Larry Johnson playing behind Dillon? Can he catch?

Le Kevin Smith- is he big enough to be a 3-4 tackle? is he going to give it his all? (career underachiever)

Jeremy Mincey- will he be able to go back in coverage as a 3-4 OLB? is he only a two down run stuffer?

Garret Mills- how will he get time? can he sufficiently enough long snap warranting a release of paxton?

David Thomas- can he block? (mainly what we need from a 3rd TE)

Stephen Gotowski- too many to list LOL....

Chad Jackson- can he block? will he be willing to go over the middle? how will he do after the catch?

mavfan2390 said:
Chad Jackson- can he block? will he be willing to go over the middle? how will he do after the catch?

The only one I think I can answer with confidence is this one

Jackson had a ton of production going over the middle - he has great hands and can take a hit and hold the ball.

He WANTED to be going deep, using his speed, but sucked it up for the team and took those short to mid range hits and did it well

I haven't seen too much video of him blocking (tough to categorize and focus on the blocker) but seeing how willing he is to take hits in the middle I can't think this guy's a pansy

mavfan2390 said:
Jeremy Mincey- will he be able to go back in coverage as a 3-4 OLB? is he only a two down run stuffer?
If anything, he would be just a 3rd down pass rusher not a two down run stuffer. Can he be a full timer ? Who knows. But I think you have his part time potential wrong.

mavfan2390 said:
Stephen Gotowski- too many to list LOL....
As far as I can tell, the only question about him is kicking in NFL pressure, other than the normal adjustment to the pros. He has shown the accuracy and leg strangth in college to be successful.

mavfan2390 said:
Chad Jackson- will he be willing to go over the middle?
Going over the middle is about all he did as a sernior, this shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back