Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=153085

From Herald:
Then, of course, there are the eyebrows.

Maroney lost them to the electric trimmers of tight end Daniel Graham, a former first-round pick himself.

“It was either the eyebrows or the hair,†Maroney said. “I just sat down and took it. If they hadn’t have gotten the eyebrows, I’d just be bald-headed.â€

Good choice by Maroney. His eye brows will grow back a lot faster than those dreads would. Probably take him a year to get those back, if not longer. Never had them but from what I understand it's quite a lengthy process to achieve the dread lock look.

How is it the people on this board noticed that last Fri., the Hearld is just getting around to writing about it now. That's why it pays to read the boards.

Hoodie said:
How is it the people on this board noticed that last Fri., the Hearld is just getting around to writing about it now. That's why it pays to read the boards.

Greenberg's article in the Courant just mentioned it this morning also. And the papers wonder why readership continues to wane...

As someone who lost all of my eyebrows and hair (and other places which would be too much information) to alopecia over 15 years ago, I found the loss of eyebrows to be the toughest to get used to. You don't think twice about seeing a bald guy. He must be proud of those dreads.

I'm kinda surprised they gave him a choice!

CTPatsFan said:
Greenberg's article in the Courant just mentioned it this morning also. And the papers wonder why readership continues to wane...

As someone who lost all of my eyebrows and hair (and other places which would be too much information) to alopecia over 15 years ago, I found the loss of eyebrows to be the toughest to get used to. You don't think twice about seeing a bald guy. He must be proud of those dreads.

I am surprised also, maybe it is a respect thing.. or maybe the Pats are just getting warm and fuzzy.

Last edited by a moderator:
CTPatsFan said:

Yeah, they should have had that Monday, but to be fair...while PatsFans was breaking the huge story of Maroney's shaved eyebrows, those old dinosaur newspapers were breaking the minor story of Pioli flying to Dallas to pursue a trade.;) We still rely on them plenty.

way too funny...I thought he looked weird.

CTPatsFan said:

It's weird how important eyebrows are. I guess they give the face definition. My mother has been on chemo for about 4 years and this will be the third time she's lost her hair and eyebrows. But it's the brows that really makes her look different.

Goddamn you Daniel Graham. Now Maroney is no longer tight. :mad:

The irony will be when Maroney shaves his head (or at least gets a short haircut) after he is tackled from behind by the dreads a couple times, which is legal according to NFL rules.

I was wondering how Maroney was going to deal with the annual hair cutting of the rookies. He seemed to take great pride in his hair, so I didn't think he would be willing to part with it.

The irony will be when Maroney shaves his head (or at least gets a short haircut) after he is tackled from behind by the dreads a couple times, which is legal according to NFL rules.

It's one thing to let them get them as long as Ricky Williams' of Al Harris' as opposed to Asante Samuel's or even a little longer. I be suprised if he let them get as long as those too. Even so I've never heard of either getting yanked down by them. Both had them for a while so I think if was that much of an issue they would ahve gotten rid of them.

Maybe the loss of his eyebrows will make him more aero-dynamic.:p

It's weird how important eyebrows are. I guess they give the face definition. My mother has been on chemo for about 4 years and this will be the third time she's lost her hair and eyebrows. But it's the brows that really makes her look different.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I will be praying for her and you and the rest of your family.

Hoodie said:

Sorry to hear about your mom, Hoodie. Our thoughts and prayers will be with her.

I'm lucky that my condition is merely a cosmetic issue and not a health issue. But your right about the definition, which is the main reason I still wear glasses and not contacts/get lasic. Gotta have something there!

My MIL went through the same thing. I really feel bad for women and kids who have to deal with the psychological aspect of hair loss on top of everything else. Once again, best wishes to your mom.

patchick said:
Yeah, they should have had that Monday, but to be fair...while PatsFans was breaking the huge story of Maroney's shaved eyebrows, those old dinosaur newspapers were breaking the minor story of Pioli flying to Dallas to pursue a trade.;) We still rely on them plenty.

Get your facts straight..the Pioli/Dallas story came out of Dallas. Boston reporters merely compile facts from other news services. The art of reporting has been lost in Boston. These days, the Globe has to buy into a team (Sox)to collect first hand facts.

borg said:
Get your facts straight..the Pioli/Dallas story came out of Dallas. Boston reporters merely compile facts from other news services. The art of reporting has been lost in Boston. These days, the Globe has to buy into a team (Sox)to collect first hand facts.

Before telling me to "get my facts straight," kindly read my post again and note that I never said the story came from BOSTON, I said it came from a NEWSPAPER. In fact, though, I believe that the trade rumor appeared in both the Globe and the Fort Worth Star-Telegram on 8/16. I won't tell you to get your facts straight though, because that would be rude. :)

I just thought it was kind of funny that we're bashing the papers for being late on this "story." Is more in-depth coverage of eyebrow-gate really what we're missing from our sports journalists? Meanwhile, I'm very curious to see who replaces Jerome Solomon at the Globe. Personally, I think it's an opportunity for a major upgrade.

patchick said:
Before telling me to "get my facts straight," kindly read my post again and note that I never said the story came from BOSTON, I said it came from a NEWSPAPER. In fact, though, I believe that the trade rumor appeared in both the Globe and the Fort Worth Star-Telegram on 8/16. I won't tell you to get your facts straight though, because that would be rude. :)

I just thought it was kind of funny that we're bashing the papers for being late on this "story." Is more in-depth coverage of eyebrow-gate really what we're missing from our sports journalists? Meanwhile, I'm very curious to see who replaces Jerome Solomon at the Globe. Personally, I think it's an opportunity for a major upgrade.

You're right and I apologize for my terse response. Please accept my apology.

borg said:
You're right and I apologize for my terse response. Please accept my apology.

No problem. And I do like a good eyebrow story as much as anybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes