PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rookie guarantees and why Solder isn't signed yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Solder Situation :confused:

Date: Team: Pos:
Nate Solder - T - Patriots

Patriots agreed to terms with No. 17 overall pick Nate Solder on a four-year contract.
Solder might have had a chance to start on Opening Day if not for the lockout. Instead, the Patriots committed $7 million guaranteed to bring back incumbent LT Matt Light. Solder will compete for the Patriots' "swing" tackle position while offering ultra-talented depth. He figures to be a starter by 2012.
Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
Aug 4, 2:35 PM

DEAL IS FINISHED

Last edited:

I'm sure that you're relieved that you don't have to go shopping for a new forum name for at least the next 3-4 years. ;-)

Date: Team: Pos:
Nate Solder - T - Patriots

Patriots agreed to terms with No. 17 overall pick Nate Solder on a four-year contract.
Solder might have had a chance to start on Opening Day if not for the lockout. Instead, the Patriots committed $7 million guaranteed to bring back incumbent LT Matt Light. Solder will compete for the Patriots' "swing" tackle position while offering ultra-talented depth. He figures to be a starter by 2012.
Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
Aug 4, 2:35 PM

DEAL IS FINISHED

Ok he's signed -- is everybody happy now?

Ok he's signed -- is everybody happy now?

Now that you mention it...I didn't follow him in college. He doesn't look like anything special. What are his high and low points? Everyone seems pretty excited about him. What's his claim to fame?

guess that's why they signed light, this guy will be holding out for a good chunk of the season, maybe the whole season.

nice prediction lol

Now that you mention it...I didn't follow him in college. He doesn't look like anything special. What are his high and low points? Everyone seems pretty excited about him. What's his claim to fame?

he once slapped a wiseguy off the T bar at Loon Mountain...and subsequently drank for free the rest of the night at the Lone Loon Saloon...maybe.....

He's 8 Ft. 8 and 520 lbs, with room to grow. Speed rushers would have to start behind Brady before the snap to get to him.

When Solder and Vollmer line up at the same time they block out the sun. Thus the term 'sun blockers' was coined after them. :D

Last edited:

I'm actually not that familiar with him, but his agent posts on here as 'thesolderking' so he can probably give you all relevant info.

Last edited:

Frame and athleticism such as have seldom been seen on a football field, to start with:

6'8.25" 319 4.96/2.87/1.72 21 32" 09'02" 4.34 7.44 with 35 1/2" arms.

Quite so. I wonder if Solder signed very quickly if Light would have been back?

Solder has more talent and higher grades then SeaBass when he came out, so I expected to see him play a lot as a rookie as Seabass did.

Now, BB is going to let him twist, and he'll see little or no action in his rookie year, which may curtail his value down the road. All part of the plan if you don't play ball with BB when you need too.
It's plausible to consider that the priority was to have Light signed first then Solder addressed shortly after. That's what seems to have happened.

he once slapped a wiseguy off the T bar at Loon Mountain...and subsequently drank for free the rest of the night at the Lone Loon Saloon...maybe.....

It sounds like he was partying with Vrabel.

Frame and athleticism such as have seldom been seen on a football field, to start with:

Ahhh...another smurf. ;)

When Solder and Vollmer line up at the same time they block out the sun. Thus the term 'sun blockers' was coined after them. :D

So...Solder is so big that his Cadillac Escalade drives him to work.

Ahhh...another smurf. ;)

Something funny I just noticed...remember how a lot of people wanted the Pats to draft RB Mark Ingram instead? Well Solder stands 11+ inches taller than Ingram and weighs 100+ lbs. more, but aside from the 40 splits they put up essentially the same numbers!

It's plausible to consider that the priority was to have Light signed first then Solder addressed shortly after. That's what seems to have happened.

Yeah, seriously.

If Solder being in camp the first day was a big deal, they would have just given him an extra million, rather than giving Light $7M.

Something funny I just noticed...remember how a lot of people wanted the Pats to draft RB Mark Ingram instead? Well Solder stands 11+ inches taller than Ingram and weighs 100+ lbs. more, but aside from the 40 splits they put up essentially the same numbers!

----------------

Last edited:

I hope 35 1/2" isn't his wingspan.

Attachments

• T-rex.jpg
    T-rex.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 108

OK I get it now. He's a beast! Pretty amazing comparison with Ingram patchick. It's hard to wrap my head around it. Our warehouse in Atkinson, NH has a mail delivery woman that has the license plate "MAILCHICK". Are you two related? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back