PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rondo Signs

Good things to come from Rondo - now that he's being paid like a top-tier pg, let's see what else he can do

Glad they paid him. He is worth every penny IMO. He'll be a top 3 PG in the league for many, many years.

I'm glad he's staying ... his intangibles are very worth it.

signing is huge for the Celtics, nice lock up

I would have been pissed if they lost Rondo.

I would have been pissed if they lost Rondo.

What if they were to trade Rondo or Ray Allen (contract) ... imagine that?

I look at this team ... and how great it is and i can't help but think Danny must know how to make it even better ... and I bet he could.

Not that I am saying he will ... or that I want him to ... just that I am still perplexed why now? Danny did it for a reason more than just tie Rondo up for 5 years. I don't think Rondo will be here 5 more years ... just a hunch.

Last edited:
Rondo isn't going anywhere. The reason they locked him up now was to avoid a team offering him a big time deal this off season and lose him.

Allen's value is very high right now because of his expiring deal but I like the team as it is.

Rondo isn't going anywhere. The reason they locked him up now was to avoid a team offering him a big time deal this off season and lose him.

Allen's value is very high right now because of his expiring deal but I like the team as it is.

I do also ... I'm just thinking ... I bet Danny always knows of 1 more move.

I do also ... I'm just thinking ... I bet Danny always knows of 1 more move.

Ditto. Danny would trade his mother if it meant another title.
I'm wondering how good Rondo will be this year, as each year he's played he's improved dramatically.

I'm wondering how good Rondo will be this year, as each year he's played he's improved dramatically.

Celtics pulled off a bargain with Rondo. They used PR and media to poke holes at his game or his ethic, to help at the negotiating table, all the while knowing they would have paid anything to keep him.

Celtics pulled off a bargain with Rondo. They used PR and media to poke holes at his game or his ethic, to help at the negotiating table, all the while knowing they would have paid anything to keep him.

I don't think so mav ... desperate teams might have paid more for him but he's not the kind of guard who can carry a team. He knows it and the Celtics know it. He needs to be on a team with at least 2 stars ... even rondo and 1 star would not cut it. He got fair market value IMO.

I don't think so mav ... desperate teams might have paid more for him but he's not the kind of guard who can carry a team. He knows it and the Celtics know it. He needs to be on a team with at least 2 stars ... even rondo and 1 star would not cut it. He got fair market value IMO.

Look around at how many players have gotten max contract. Rondo is better than most of them. The Celtics got a bargain in keeping Rondo here for 5 years and not at max contract.

He could improve his jump shot, but he doesn't need to 'be on a team with at least 2 stars'. Last year with Garnett out and Ray Allen's corpse out there, Rondo was the best player on the team during the playoffs.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back