Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ron Paul unleashed.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

This guy is allegedly going to be rolled over the coals publically for some of his past views in his old News Letters over the next couple of days. Personally, I think it's a designed attempt to crush his popularity and alternative thinking. Anyhow, watch how the media plays & portrays this guy. What a country we live in.

Some of Paul's greatest hits:

Hillary Clinton is one of the most dangerous women in public life. Not only is she a fanatical abortion advocate, she wants parents to register with the government as a condition for having children to be able to sue and `divorce’ themselves from their parents. Maybe her daughter ought to sue her parents for attempting to raise her as a leftist. That sure qualifies as abuse to me.”

“Disgruntled taxpayer Dean Hicks fired bombs through mortars at night at buildings of the Internal Revenue Service in California. Hicks did damage federal property, but no individuals were injured… Hicks was sentenced to 20 years in prison, given a $45,000 fine, and ordered to pay $335,000 in restitution to the IRS. If he had been a serial murderer, he would not have gotten this sort of sentence.”

“The Earth Summit is the creepiest meeting of politicos since the first gathering of Bolsheviks. Officially known as the UN Conference for Environment and Development, it will be held in Brazil in June; bad guys from all over the globe will attend.”

(during the California riots)
    “Many people tried to buy guns to protect themselves. But, whoops, California has a 14-day waiting period. And then, just to make sure honest Californians could not get ammunition for the firearms they already owned (poor ragefilled youth might be shot), Mayor Tom Bradley ordered all gun and ammo shops closed, a great help to criminals who had stocked up earlier, or who could simply break in and loot.”

2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

he is a refreshing voice, even if his ideas seem radical and 'out there' for a lot of people.

Whatever you think of his views, you need to give the man credit for speaking his mind, and not saying something just to get a vote. He is a man of his convictions, and I respect that.

He would easily have my vote.
  3. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

Sure nailed that one, 110%!

I sure like a lot of what this guy says.
  4. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Ron Paul, the ONLY candidate that ISN'T bought off by the Zionist movement.

ISN'T THIS REASON ENOUGH TO HAVE YOUR VOTE????

I truly believe that if there was no such thing as voting fraud and the Zionist movement... he would win in a landslide.

This is why he won't win.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

here is some stuff, not sure if it can be verified.. if it is it is concerning and will probably not garner votes from the people away from the center:

http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=74978161-f730-43a2-91c3-de262573a129

A Special Issue on Racial Terrorism" analyzes the Los Angeles riots of 1992: "Order was only restored in L.A. when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks three days after rioting began. ... What if the checks had never arrived? No doubt the blacks would have fully privatized the welfare state through continued looting. But they were paid off and the violence subsided

In the course of defending homophobic comments by Andy Rooney of CBS, a 1990 newsletter notes that a reporter for a gay magazine "certainly had an axe to grind, and that's not easy with a limp wrist."

The June 1990 issue of the Political Report says: "I miss the closet. Homosexuals, not to speak of the rest of society, were far better off when social pressure forced them to hide their activities."

The October 1992 issue of the Political Report paraphrases an "ex-cop" who offers this strategy for protecting against "urban youth": "If you have to use a gun on a youth, you should leave the scene immediately, disposing of the wiped off gun as soon as possible. Such a gun cannot, of course, be registered to you, but one bought privately (through the classifieds, for example)."
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

just not buying these right now... not until verified and corroborated...

Ron Paul doesn't strike me as a racist, and all we have to go by thus far are old reports coming out of the woodwork regarding some newsletter his name was "attached to" from 15 years ago... did he write them? a staffer? a supporter? a blogger... c'mon... still, he needs to be asked about his past from mulitple angles, by multiple journalists...

Newsletters: Since at least 1978, Ron Paul has attached his name to a series of newsletters--Ron Paul's Freedom Report, Ron Paul Political Report, The Ron Paul Survival Report, and The Ron Paul Investment Letter--that frequently made outrageous statements:​

i liked his response to Moyers the other night when asked about the racism claims against him... he laughed it off as ridiculous and said, "look, ... libertarianism is the enemy of racism... we see people as individuals, not as groups... "

this is a good read that came out Tuesday... but it's all speculation, nothing concrete...
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

I agree, color me skeptical about this also, in politics these days anything can be put out there.. this is why I buried this info in a thread rather than starting a new one about it.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

I was going to post it but can you imagine the sh!t I would have taken over it (neo cons are accused of racism if they own a white car)

It isn't confirmed but Ron Paul is also accused of some really bad stuff he said about Martin Luther King.

Why doesn't Paul go on TV and deny it all, he would be what they call an underdog hero. if he remains silent then maybe there is some truth to it, wouldn't you say.

Mr Paul, say it isn't true and you will shoot to the top of the heap, speak up, the Loons love you don't let them down, if you stand up and fight I may even be able to get some of my Red Neck friends to support you.

Davy Crockett said "make sure your right then go ahead"

:bricks:
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

So did Timmy's dad in Lassie...